PDA

View Full Version : WTF Happy Holidays

JES
11-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi I don't want to sound like a bitch or anything but this year I seem to have less patience for the saying "Happy Holidays"

Now I understand that we have "Newcomers" to Canada but come on!! They complain that Merry Christmas is offensive to them. So what do we do? Change our tradition saying to "Happy Holidays"

Well guess what NOW I'M OFFENDED!!!

When will we get our Canada back to what we all know it as???

If I go to their country will they change their culture to suit mine? NOT

Very upset.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Not this shit again.

Tik-Tok
11-16-2012, 10:20 AM
OP, go back to your own country... which I assume is the United States of Trollia.

Disoblige
11-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Knock your socks out with this debate.

http://www.debate.org/debates/Merry-Christmas-vs.-Happy-Holidays/1/

LOL, check out the link. Imagine if Beyond's arguments were like that? :nut:

-relk-
11-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Imagine if Beyond's arguments were like that? :nut:
We would just get a bunch of :whocares: s

Way too long to read, I particularly enjoy reading some of the ridiculous posts of members on here.

89coupe
11-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
OP, go back to your own country... which I assume is the United States of Trollia.

What on Earth does the US have to do with her comment?

Who says Happy Holidays? Huh? What?

Merry Christmas! :D

rage2
11-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Knock your socks out with this debate.

http://www.debate.org/debates/Merry-Christmas-vs.-Happy-Holidays/1/

LOL, check out the link. Imagine if Beyond's arguments were like that? :nut:
I got past the first argument, then I spent the rest of my time looking at Daniell's pic wondering why her cleavage looks so awful. Then right when I was about to close the page, I noticed that Danielle is arguing for legalized prostitution. That's as far as I got. :rofl:

Disoblige
11-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Most of the staff I work with during holidays in department stores say they'll say Merry Christmas to white people only, when no ethnic people are near (so it doesn't make ethnic people feel they're getting different treatment) :rofl:

Tik-Tok
11-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe

What on Earth does the US have to do with her comment?

A) I was stating that the OP was likely just another Troll (read the whole name of the country, not just the first two words)

B) The US is known to be more intolerant of other cultures.

Originally posted by rage2

I got past the first argument, then I spent the rest of my time looking at Daniell's pic wondering why her cleavage looks so awful. Then right when I was about to close the page, I noticed that Danielle is arguing for legalized prostitution. That's as far as I got. :rofl:

Looks like her shirt was just pulled to the side... probably just showed her tit to someone.

89coupe
11-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Most of the staff I work with during holidays in department stores say they'll say Merry Christmas to white people only, when no ethnic people are near (so it doesn't make ethnic people feel they're getting different treatment) :rofl:

Ethnic? Canadians? Or Tourists from other Countries? Do they ask to see their passport first? LOL

:rofl:
:facepalm:

89coupe
11-16-2012, 10:40 AM

A) I was stating that the OP was likely just another Troll (read the whole name of the country, not just the first two words)

B) The US is known to be more intolerant of other cultures.

What does being tolerant to other cultures have to do with saying Merry Christmas in Canada?

If other cultures don't want to say it, that's fine, who cares?

Tik-Tok
11-16-2012, 10:45 AM

What does being tolerant to other cultures have to do with saying Merry Christmas in Canada?

If other cultures don't want to say it, that's fine, who cares?

Sigh. I'm really not surprised someone who's living room looks like an institution doesn't understand my post.

ercchry
11-16-2012, 10:47 AM
i never understood this. oh saying merry x-mas can offend people who dont celebrate the holiday, cant say that!

um, alright. well its part of our culture in this country, we get the day off work! everyone does! so there for.... why must these offended people be intolerant of our culture :cry:

zipdoa
11-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by JES
Hi I don't want to sound like a bitch or anything but this year I seem to have less patience for the saying "Happy Holidays"

Now I understand that we have "Newcomers" to Canada but come on!! They complain that Merry Christmas is offensive to them. So what do we do? Change our tradition saying to "Happy Holidays"

Well guess what NOW I'M OFFENDED!!!

When will we get our Canada back to what we all know it as???

If I go to their country will they change their culture to suit mine? NOT

Very upset.

strong 2nd post.

89coupe
11-16-2012, 10:55 AM
The worst is the public schools bending over to minorities who don't want their children exposed to Western culture. WTF? FUCK OFF! LOL

You want what celebrated in our public schools? FUCK OFF! LOL

Don't like it? FUCK OFF! LOL

:D

Hallowed_point
11-16-2012, 10:58 AM

It's like a secret handshake

jazzyb
11-16-2012, 10:59 AM
The worst is the public schools bending over to minorities who don't want their children exposed to Western culture. WTF? FUCK OFF! LOL

christian =/! western anymore broski.

FraserB
11-16-2012, 11:01 AM

I actually agree with this. Along with "Black and Oragne Day" instead of Halloween and from what I have heard, there is no more Valentines Day in schools? Apparently becuase people might be upset if they get a different card than someone else

89coupe
11-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by jazzyb

What's a Christian?

What's a broski?

FUCK OFF!

89coupe
11-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

I actually agree with this. Along with "Black and Oragne Day" instead of Halloween and from what I have heard, there is no more Valentines Day in schools? Apparently becuase people might be upset if they get a different card than someone else

What school is this?

My daughters school has Halloween & Valentines Day.

Neil4Speed
11-16-2012, 11:08 AM
People need to look at the sentiment behind saying rather than the true explicit meaning - Not everything is black and white. Although I don't celebrate Christmas in the traditional sense I know that someone saying "Merry Christmas" is a positive thing that they are trying to convey and that's how I will take it - that's fine. Its like if someone said "god be with you", I would think, OK, well probably don't relate with what he said, however, I appreciate the thought of well-being.

I generally say Happy Holidays as well, because, it entails a few of the other good things going on in that period of time (Relaxing with Family, Boxing day lol, New years etc)

The opposite holds true as well, allot of people say nice things but with hidden negative sentiment (that's a different story)

jazzyb
11-16-2012, 11:09 AM

What's a Christian?

What's a broski?

FUCK OFF!

I don't care if someone says Merry Christmas to me, hell I say it all the time.

But its backward fucks like you that need to realize that this is not the white mans country.

89coupe
11-16-2012, 11:13 AM

I don't care if someone says Merry Christmas to me, hell I say it all the time.

But its backward fucks like you that need to realize that this is not the white mans country.

WTF does being white have anything to do with saying Merry Christmas?

FUCK OFf!

89coupe
11-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
People need to look at the sentiment behind saying rather than the true explicit meaning - Not everything is black and white. Although I don't celebrate Christmas in the traditional sense I know that someone saying "Merry Christmas" is a positive thing that they are trying to convey and that's how I will take it - that's fine. Its like if someone said "god be with you", I would think, OK, well probably don't relate with what he said, however, I appreciate the thought of well-being.

I generally say Happy Holidays as well, because, it entails a few of the other good things going on in that period of time (Relaxing with Family, Boxing day lol, New years etc)

The opposite holds true as well, allot of people say nice things but with hidden negative sentiment (that's a different story)

It's the dumb religious fucks that ruin it for everyone.

I don't say Merry Christmas because I'm Christian, I'm a fucking athiest.

I say it cause its fucking Christmas, you know, snowflakes, Santa clause, presents.

FUCK OFF!

black13
11-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Is this actually an issue to some? Who forced you to say Happy Holidays? Do the red coat mounties come grab you as soon as you say Merry Christmas?

I've never heard anyone complain being told Merry Christmas.

89coupe
11-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by black13
Is this actually an issue to some? Who forced you to say Happy Holidays? Do the red coat mounties come grab you as soon as you say Merry Christmas?

I've never heard anyone complain being told Merry Christmas.

Exactly!

FUCK OFF!

ercchry
11-16-2012, 11:23 AM

then better work x-mas day! no OT either

GTS4tw
11-16-2012, 11:24 AM

It's the dumb religious fucks that ruin it for everyone.

I don't say Merry Christmas because I'm Christian, I'm a fucking athiest.

I say it cause its fucking Christmas, you know, snowflakes, Santa clause, presents.

FUCK OFF!

Man, you are on a roll in this thread. 100% agree.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

89coupe
11-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

Man, you are on a roll in this thread. 100% agree.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

jazzyb
11-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

So take a hit to my civil liberties? It is under-educated fucks like you that bring society to a moral low ground.

EK 2.0
11-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Not this shit again.

Werrrd...don't we go through this every year it seems....

89coupe
11-16-2012, 11:31 AM

So take a hit to my civil liberties? It is under-educated fucks like you that bring society to a moral low ground.

WTf are you blabbing about?

FUCK OFF!

Oh,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

jazzyb
11-16-2012, 11:33 AM

WTf are you blabbing about?

FUCK OFF!

Oh,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas to you also. Now go for your $100 lunch.

89coupe
11-16-2012, 11:36 AM

Merry Christmas to you also. Now go for your $100 lunch.

Yesterday's lunch was $164 but who's counting?

ercchry
11-16-2012, 11:37 AM

you dont see the irony here? why do you get the day off? because way back when religion and state mixed pretty hard, its ingrained in the fabric of this country... its almost if... its part of our... culture!

you know how i know im right? cause you have no rebuttal. just personal attacks when you personally dont even know me :eek:

Gripenfelter
11-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Most newcomers don't have a problem with Christmas. It's the people that have been here for years and they aren't necessarily immigrants or minorities.

A lot of atheists and Jewish people complain as well.

I'm not Christian but I put up a tree, have tons of Xmas stuff out, and always say MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Supa Dexta
11-16-2012, 11:54 AM
that need to realize that this is not the white mans country.

Side question.. Is this still a white mans country? overall? As a white guy, I still feel it is. I'm not opposed to any other races sharing it, and being a part of it, or anything.. And I'm sure eventually whites will be out numbered.. But I still feel Canada is a pretty white country. Built upon white history and beliefs. :dunno:

GS430
11-16-2012, 11:57 AM
As previously mentioned, I say Happy Holiday's to be respectful of other people and to express that it engulfs more than one holiday.

If your kid is in a school where they don't allow something such as halloween, and you don't agree with it, then pull your kid from that school. It's pretty simple?

Oh yeah, and OP, you're a dumbass.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

DeleriousZ
11-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Man, society is a fucking mess these days.

Do I get upset if someone says happy Hanukkah to me? No, do I get offended? Nope. What about happy chinese new year? mm nope not that either.

I'm an athiest, but I still enjoy celebrating christmas. I don't really care what religion the holiday first came from, I enjoy the sparkley lights, christmas cheer and yummy drinks at starbucks (mmm peppermint mocha). It's a time of year to be happy, or hey, merry?

People in general need to learn to lighten the fuck up and try and enjoy themselves, as well as other people and cultures.

Tomaz
11-16-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm with 89coupe!

Fuck off and Merry Christmas!!! :rofl:

I just wish everybody a "Happy Christmas", and carry on. I have never been gotten any negative comments back. I have had replies of other people wishing me a Happy (insert random religious winter solstice holiday here), and I respected those responses the most.

'tis the season to be happy, merry, spend time with family, and enjoy some time off work. So be fucking happy everyone! lol

89coupe
11-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by GS430

Oh yeah, and OP, you're a dumbass.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

What holiday are you happy about? :dunno:

FUCK OFF!

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS

ercchry
11-16-2012, 12:04 PM
the government give me two days off this time of year which i guess we could coin "holidays" the 25th and the 1st my calender says they are x-mas day and new years day. i like to engulf these under one banner while wishing people well so i go with "merry x-mas and a happy new year!" ;)

urrforce
11-16-2012, 12:06 PM
it is all about festivus, festivus for the rest of us.

dS7-jcsB_WQ

jazzyb
11-16-2012, 12:18 PM

you dont see the irony here? why do you get the day off? because way back when religion and state mixed pretty hard, its ingrained in the fabric of this country... its almost if... its part of our... culture!

you know how i know im right? cause you have no rebuttal. just personal attacks when you personally dont even know me :eek:

There are many things that happened way back, including iradication of aborignal population, attrocities on both man and nature at the hand of the settlers. Should we hang on to those beliefs also?

That being said, my only coment that lead to our current discussion was that Canada is NOT a Christian country, with that being said I do not believe the purpose of having Christmas day as a stat holiday is so that I can attend church and be heathen free, rather a day that I can relax.

So with that being said, I will continue exploiting my christian-named holidays whilst being a non-believer in hope that they change the name of the day to winter-day.

max_boost
11-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Werrrd...don't we go through this every year it seems....

LOL yea.

Oh who the eff cares. Well apparently a lot of people but I know I don't!

Typical Chinese guy I are only concern about the huge influx of business during this seasons so Happy Holidays or Merry X-mas it don't matter, just give me your money and I'll feed your family.

ercchry
11-16-2012, 12:22 PM

So with that being said, I will continue exploiting my christian-named holidays whilst being a non-believer in hope that they change the name of the day to winter-day.

and move it to the 3rd monday of december... that would be awesome, i hate working mondays to get tues and wed off :banghead:

...but until that day, it is still in fact x-mas.

jazzyb
11-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

Side question.. Is this still a white mans country? overall? As a white guy, I still feel it is. I'm not opposed to any other races sharing it, and being a part of it, or anything.. And I'm sure eventually whites will be out numbered.. But I still feel Canada is a pretty white country. Built upon white history and beliefs. :dunno:

Not sure if serious. But I'll play along.

Canada, or Kanata is actually the aboriginal word for "village" or "settlement". Further, the other option for a name in 1867 was Anglia which would have implied some sort of British-Protestant meaning. So based just on the name alone, no, Canada is not a white mans country.

Now moving along to other aspects: Canada is built on the back of immigrants, post exploitation of aborignals, in that foreigners (whites included, since they are immigrants also) built the technical infrastructure on which we built the nation. The Chinese on the railways, the Sikh diaspora in Western Canada and Eastern Europeans in Central Canada.

jazzyb
11-16-2012, 12:27 PM

and move it to the 3rd monday of december... that would be awesome, i hate working mondays to get tues and wed off :banghead:

...but until that day, it is still in fact x-mas.

I guess, I'm playing devils advocate to a large degree. While saying all that I still have a Christmas tree and look forward to opening my presents.

What I say is a matter of principle.

max_boost
11-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Yea it's all good .Us Chinese don't care that we built you guys a railroad. You guys have been really good to us. so you know, we aren't that bad, we only care about money and will start buying your land and oil companies .

jazzyb
11-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Yea it's all good .Us Chinese don't care that we built you guys a railroad. You guys have been really good to us. so you know, we aren't that bad, we only care about money and will start buying your land and oil companies .

Chinese purchase of mineral rights will be blocked now. The chinese like to prove reserves but not exploit them, thus deffering royalty payements.

Tik-Tok
11-16-2012, 12:33 PM

Not sure if serious. But I'll play along.

Canada, or Kanata is actually the aboriginal word for "village" or "settlement". Further, the other option for a name in 1867 was Anglia which would have implied some sort of British-Protestant meaning. So based just on the name alone, no, Canada is not a white mans country.

Now moving along to other aspects: Canada is built on the back of immigrants, post exploitation of aborignals, in that foreigners (whites included, since they are immigrants also) built the technical infrastructure on which we built the nation. The Chinese on the railways, the Sikh diaspora in Western Canada and Eastern Europeans in Central Canada.

Yes it was originally aboriginal, but hasn't been for quite a lonnnng ass time. Yes white men built it up on the backs of others (what country hasn't), but that still doesn't deter from the fact that it is a white mans country.

If you want to get into semantics, I guess you could say Canada is actually African :rofl:

jazzyb
11-16-2012, 12:35 PM

Yes it was originally aboriginal, but hasn't been for quite a lonnnng ass time. Yes white men built it up on the backs of others (what country hasn't), but that still doesn't deter from the fact that it is a white mans country.

If you want to get into semantics, I guess you could say Canada is actually African :rofl:

You have failed to prove how this is a White man's country. Is it your fear of having nothing that pushes such a train of thought?

You my friend are just as much of a foreigner as am I, hell i'm born does this make it a Brown-Country?

ercchry
11-16-2012, 12:39 PM

You have failed to prove how this is a White man's country. Is it your fear of having nothing that pushes such a train of thought?

if a people just live on an area of land but have not staked claim of it said land, is it actually their land?

who orchestrated the development? if a company builds something can the employees claim ownership?

Tik-Tok

You my friend are just as much of a foreigner as am I, hell i'm born does this make it a Brown-Country?

:rofl: Wow are you dumb, or just arguing for arguments sake?

Hrmmm, let me google that for you, oh look, Canada by Ethnicity... English, French, Scottish, Irish, German, Italian, all top the charts.

No one is argueing Canada's history, but it's current state.

lilmira
I think this is more of a problem that white people created for themselves. Yeah I said it, whitey!

jazzyb
11-16-2012, 12:41 PM

:rofl: Wow are you dumb, or just arguing for arguments sake?

Hrmmm, let me google that for you, oh look, Canada by Ethnicity... English, French, Scottish, Irish, German, Italian, all top the charts.

No one is argueing Canada's history, but it's current state.

But that does not prove ownership? Tik-Tok, your fear of being void of culture is hurting you more then anything, as a Canadian you do have culture.

Tik-Tok
11-16-2012, 12:42 PM

But that does not prove ownership? Tik-Tok, your fear of being void of culture is hurting you more then anything, as a Canadian you do have culture.

WTF are you even talking about? Seriously, what does anything you are saying have to do with what was posted? I'm beginning to think you're an alternate account for ZenOps. But at least he's been funny lately.

ga16i
11-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Merry Christmas! I love Christmas now, but it's always been more about Santa Claus than Jesus to me. I'm Chinese and non-Christian and I don't get the big deal about people saying Merry Christmas. I have no problem celebrating other culture's holidays (I especially enjoy cinco de mayo and black history month). Non-Chinese can celebrate Chinese New Years too. People just need to relax and not worry about crap that's none of their business. If you don't do Christmas? Fine, but don't go crapping on people who do and respond like a d-bag to "Merry Christmas".

jazzyb
11-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by ga16i
Merry Christmas! I love Christmas now, but it's always been more about Santa Claus than Jesus to me. I'm Chinese and non-Christian and I don't get the big deal about people saying Merry Christmas. I have no problem celebrating other culture's holidays (I especially enjoy cinco de mayo and black history month). Non-Chinese can celebrate Chinese New Years too. People just need to relax and not worry about crap that's none of their business. If you don't do Christmas? Fine, but don't go crapping on people who do and respond like a d-bag to "Merry Christmas".

+1

89coupe
11-16-2012, 12:48 PM
It's all these religious nuts that ruin it for all us non religious happy go lucky folk. :D

FUCK YOU!

& MERRY CHRISTMAS!

DeleriousZ
11-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by ga16i

Well said!!

jazzyb
11-16-2012, 01:05 PM

Ah jeeze, could'nt help it, I must lead my flock along the path of righteousness.

December 25th as we know it currently is not the Birth of Christ, Christ as was accepted by the early chruch was born sometime in January. December 25th was the chosen date because Constatine dictated that Christianity would be the principle religion of state in the year 336, so he offset the pagan celebration of winter solastice, on guess what, December the 25th with Christmas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that from my under-grad.

ercchry
11-16-2012, 01:09 PM

Ah jeeze, could'nt help it, I must lead my flock along the path of righteousness.

December 25th as we know it currently is not the Birth of Christ, Christ as was accepted by the early chruch was born sometime in January. December 25th was the chosen date because Constatine dictated that Christianity would be the principle religion of state in the year 336, so he offset the pagan celebration of winter solastice, on guess what, December the 25th with Christmas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that from my under-grad.

yup, but it wasnt called x-mas now was it? we also stopped celebrating it since pagan rituals were outlawed... not to mention how friggin far back that goes and canada was no where near a country yet, kind of doesnt matter, now does it? :dunno:

jazzyb
11-16-2012, 01:12 PM

yup, but it wasnt called x-mas now was it? we also stopped celebrating it since pagan rituals were outlawed... not to mention how friggin far back that goes and canada was no where near a country yet, kind of doesnt matter, now does it? :dunno:

My point is anything can be traced back to any date. Hence does Etymology truley matter?

ercchry
11-16-2012, 01:16 PM

My point is anything can be traced back to any date. Hence does Etymology truley matter?

like i said before, TILL the day comes that the holiday is called "happy fun winter time" it is still x-mas, what x-mas means to you is your prerogative. its the name of the holiday that we in canada recognize on a national level there for, x-mas is a part of canadian culture

FullFledgedYYC
11-16-2012, 01:18 PM
People are fucking wimps nowadays.

If someone said happy Hanukkah to me... I wouldn't give a shit.

If someone said Happy Chinese New Year... I wouldn't give a shit.

So why do people care if someone says Merry Christmas?

People really need to get over it.

ercchry
11-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC
People are fucking wimps nowadays.

If someone said happy Hanukkah to me... I wouldn't give a shit.

If someone said Happy Chinese New Year... I wouldn't give a shit.

So why do people care if someone says Merry Christmas?

People really need to get over it.

BECAUSE ONLY WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST!!! :rofl:

Sugarphreak
11-16-2012, 01:31 PM

89coupe
11-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Who the fuck says Happy Holidays?

I've never heard anyone say this, ever!

Not in malls, not at schools, not at work, nowhere!

FUCK OFF!

You religious nuts, keep your fairytales inside your homes and places of worship. There is no place for religion outside of your own walls.

FUCK OFF!

& MERRY CHRISTMAS!

JRSC00LUDE
11-16-2012, 02:34 PM
It's not typically driven by the minorities or the religious folks.

"Issues" like this and halloween, etc. are usually created on the behalf of the minority by the social minded and so-called "politically correct" hand-wringing Canadian NDP whitey type just in case someon MIGHT be offended.

89coupe
11-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
It's not typically driven by the minorities or the religious folks.

"Issues" like this and halloween, etc. are usually created on the behalf of the minority by the social minded and so-called "politically correct" hand-wringing Canadian NDP whitey type just in case someon MIGHT be offended.

If there were no religions we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You would think in such a modern society that people would have stopped believing in fairy tales.

Blows my mind how so many cling to something so incredibly unbelievable.

JRSC00LUDE
11-16-2012, 02:49 PM
If there were no religions we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You would think in such a modern society that people would have stopped believing in fairy tales.

Blows my mind how so many cling to something so incredibly unbelievable.

Then that begs the question, why would you celebrate xmas at all? If there were no religions, there would be neither a Christmas nor its Pagan predecessor.

Rightly or wrongly, since its inception it has been purported to be about Jesus. If you don't believe in fairy tales, you don't believe in God, or Jesus, or (by extension) Christmas.....Just because YOU decided to make it not about Jesus doesn't make it true.

EDIT - Have never, will never celebrate it myself. Don't believe in it at all.

DOUBLE EDIT - Not trying to start a fight. No, really. I'm serious. haha

max_boost
11-16-2012, 02:55 PM

BECAUSE ONLY WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST!!! :rofl: To give you credit, you guys have gotten less crazy.

z_L7qoP17-w

89coupe
11-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Then that begs the question, why would you celebrate xmas at all? If there were no religions, there would be neither a Christmas nor its Pagan predecessor.

Rightly or wrongly, since its inception it has been purported to be about Jesus. If you don't believe in fairy tales, you don't believe in God, or Jesus, or (by extension) Christmas.....Just because YOU decided to make it not about Jesus doesn't make it true.

EDIT - Have never, will never celebrate it myself. Don't believe in it at all.

That's my point, it's the religious aspect that fucks everything!

I use the phrase to celebrate a season of giving and celebration, which I'm certain most modern people have.

FUCK RELIGION! :D

& MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Moonracer
11-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Who the fuck says Happy Holidays?

I've never heard anyone say this, ever!

Not in malls, not at schools, not at work, nowhere!

FUCK OFF!

You religious nuts, keep your fairytales inside your homes and places of worship. There is no place for religion outside of your own walls.

FUCK OFF!

& MERRY CHRISTMAS!

This is kind of ironic seeing how Christmas is in fact a religious holiday no?

Happy Fuckin' Hollidays! ;)

max_boost
11-16-2012, 02:58 PM
I would celebrate it for the kids because you know, everyone else is doing it. I wouldn't want them to miss out on the experience.

Most Asian kids can relate growing up, no X-mas trees/presents, Easter bunny etc. It is what it is.

max_boost
11-16-2012, 02:59 PM

That's my point, it's the religious aspect that fucks everything!

I use the phrase to celebrate a season of giving and celebration, which I'm certain most modern people have.

FUCK RELIGION! :D

& MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Is your X-mas tree room more colorful this time or else is it still black and white :D

JRSC00LUDE
11-16-2012, 03:00 PM
I would celebrate it for the kids because you know, everyone else is doing it. I wouldn't want them to miss out on the experience.

Most Asian kids can relate growing up, no X-mas trees/presents, Easter bunny etc. It is what it is.

I won't with mine. I refuse to teach a child that it's ok to do something you don't believe in just because "everyone else is doing it". There is a lot of hypocrisy in the world, I plan on teaching as little of it as is possible.

FullFledgedYYC
11-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

And yet you get offended when people choose to say Happy Holidays, double standard? lol

Incorrect captain know-it-all. I don't give a flying fuck what people say to me. You could say Happy Holidays, Happy Fuckday, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Terrorist Appreciation Day... I don't give a damn. But don't say to me "Merry Christmas is offensive".

I am tolerant of other people's religious beliefs, they can be tolerant of mine. (even though I have none... )

89coupe
11-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

This is kind of ironic seeing how Christmas is in fact a religious holiday no?

Happy Fuckin' Hollidays! ;)

Says who?

Tis the season to be jolly!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

89coupe
11-16-2012, 03:07 PM

Is your X-mas tree room more colorful this time or else is it still black and white :D

The tree is green, the decorations are gold, silver, & white. No black.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

masoncgy
11-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Take Christmas and Happy Holidays and shove it. ALL of it.

Hate this time of the year. Come on New Years, get here quick.

Tik-Tok
11-16-2012, 03:08 PM

He already started a thread, lol. I think I see a red star, and maybe a couple of gold decorations :rofl:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/post-your-christmas-tree-for-2012/showthread.php?s=&threadid=362461

Nismorphed
11-16-2012, 03:28 PM
I think if people come to a different country they should follow their ways and how things are done. As if I were to go somewhere I'd do the same not complain about it.

FullFledgedYYC
11-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Nismorphed
I think if people come to a different country they should follow their ways and how things are done. As if I were to go somewhere I'd do the same not complain about it.

EXACTLY! If I moved to Pakistan I wouldn't go around saying Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi is offensive to me. I moved there, i should be accepting of their culture.

DeleriousZ
11-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy
Take Christmas and Happy Holidays and shove it. ALL of it.

Hate this time of the year. Come on New Years, get here quick.

http://holderbaum.educationextras.com/grinch_santa%5B1%5D.jpg

ZEDGE
11-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Santa, presents, Christmas trees, all that stuff is pagan celebrations is it not?

Its nothing to do with religion. Christians just took it and used it for their own purposes. Jesus's birthday is in November or something.. (if he is actually a real person)

Its true, just heard this on Supernatural last night. :D

They then offed two anti clauses with their own Christmas tree. haha

GS430
11-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ

ha! more like this..

Someone's sad they have no one to spend the HOLIDAY'S with..

http://s9.postimage.org/dosvae6od/hat.png

Moonracer
11-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by GS430

ha! more like this..

Someone's sad they have no one to spend the HOLIDAY'S with..

http://s9.postimage.org/dosvae6od/hat.png

You mean spend CHRISTMAS with...lol

chibwack
11-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by ZEDGE
Santa, presents, Christmas trees, all that stuff is pagan celebrations is it not?

Its nothing to do with religion. Christians just took it and used it for their own purposes. Jesus's birthday is in November or something.. (if he is actually a real person)

Its true, just heard this on Supernatural last night. :D

They then offed two anti clauses with their own Christmas tree. haha

I mean...I'm not going to start any religious debates because they're pointless as hell, but there's never been any shadow of debate about whether Jesus is a real person...

dirtsniffer
11-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Ya. I know atleast 4 Mexicans named Jesus.

btimbit
11-17-2012, 01:06 AM
JazzyB.....

I don't like you

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS WHITEYS

R!zz0
11-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Some Women don't like buying panties from walmart because they say "why should be buy our panties where everyone can see what size and color were buying"
"We rather sew our own with our country flag embroidered on them"

I think walmart will stop carrying panties now.

R!zz0
11-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Ya. I know atleast 4 Mexicans named Jesus.

Speaking of which...Jesus loves you" is a nice thing to hear in a church, but a terrifying thing to hear in a Mexican prison.

Maybelater
11-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Not this shit again.

lol thinking the same thing

Sugarphreak
11-17-2012, 03:17 PM