PDA

View Full Version : Remote starter

Dannyboy62
11-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Have a Command Start remote starter that starts my 2006 F-150. Engine runs for only ten seconds then shuts off. Would appreciate any help and an owners manual for a CS2500 starter.:confused:

schmooot
11-20-2012, 02:44 PM
I am not positive but I thought the command starts ran through a checklist once the vehicle is running and if it detects a problem it shuts down. I would find the box and make sure none of the connectors are loose, maybe tie-wrap or tape them up.

My next step would be to rip out the command start and put a better one in.....should be fairly easy all the the wires are already attached to the truck...and run to the same spot.

Strugari
12-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Dannyboy62
Have a Command Start remote starter that starts my 2006 F-150. Engine runs for only ten seconds then shuts off. Would appreciate any help and an owners manual for a CS2500 starter.:confused:

More than likely a tach setting needs to be changed.
Make sure the white tach wire from the command start is connected to a tach source on the engine.
you can send an email to me at [email protected] and I will send a programming guide to you.:thumbsup: