PDA

View Full Version : Class 4 License

Shlade
11-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Quick question for anybody thats done it...

Going on monday to get my physical done at the docs for the medical exam portion of the requirements.. Do I get the vision screening portion done there as well or is there another place I need to go?

Any suggestions as to what to look for, study for, whats on the written test maybe? About the only thing I think I need to study for since there's always those questions that are not relevant to any daily driving.

Road test? Basically the same as the advanced class 5 or different?

Any helpful tips are greatly appreciated.

dannie
11-17-2012, 11:15 AM
The drs office will do a quick vision screening as part of the medical and registries will do one either immediately after you pass your written or before you change from the class 5 to 4.

Study the class 4 portion of the professional book and reread the basic handbook. Most people fail because of the basics.

The road test is very similar to the advanced test.

DEATH2000
11-18-2012, 06:13 PM
My wife has her class 4, and she studied all the class 4 related material in the book. When she went to actually wright the written portion of the test they asked her a bunch of questions on Class 1 and Class 2 vehicles. She was only told she needed to study the class 4 stuff so i thought it was odd they asked her 1 and 2 questions. She will never need to back up a semi so she didnt think it was relevant to have it on the test, but they did anyway.

As for the road test, she said it was it was identical to her Class 5 road test, except for the instructor took her to a couple railroad crossings and asked her what should she do at a crossing in a Class 4 vehicle.