PDA

View Full Version : scrap for scraps - unconventional charity fundraiser

master hec0
11-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Hey beyond im doing a charity fundraiser for my trip to Indonesia in January it's called the rickshaw run basically A team of 2 or 3 people drive a rickshaw across Indonesia over the course of 2 weeks. One of the requirement for our team is to raise 1600$ for charity half for the sponsored charity and half for a local charity. I have been thinking of how to tackle the local charity and decided on what I call scrap for scraps my idea is to collect scrap metal primarily auto parts like engines batteries starters and alloy rims. Since this is beyond and we are all a little bit car crazy I figure you guys have a few old parts laying around just taking up space. So how about I come to your door and take all your junk for recycling with all.proceeds going to the mustard seed. so beyond if you,your employer or friends have scrap please text,call or pm me. 403 604 5969
Thanks
Nigel

Edit: If you have any Catalytic converters these are the single most valuable piece of scrap even one is worth driving across the city for.

master hec0
11-17-2012, 01:06 PM
I just got a text offering bottles. yes I will come pickup your bottles too.

Graham_A_M
11-17-2012, 04:22 PM
When is the deadline?

master hec0
11-17-2012, 05:36 PM
The deadline is December 12th.

Here is the website for the rickshaw run LINK (http://www.theadventurists.com/the-adventures/asean-rickshaw-run)

Edit: link should work now

black_2.5RS
11-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Link doesn't work.

Zero102
11-18-2012, 01:03 AM
Really, even batteries?... I don't have a car battery to give but I have 2 UPS batteries weighing about 20lbs in total, and for car scrap I have a pair of brake rotors, a hood and a hatch that I would like to get rid of... I'm in the deep NW if that matters. Is this the sort of stuff you are looking for or would this be wasting your time? If it is useful but not worth the trip to come get it I could drop it off at your place some time unless you are really far down south :dunno:

master hec0
11-18-2012, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
Really, even batteries?... I don't have a car battery to give but I have 2 UPS batteries weighing about 20lbs in total, and for car scrap I have a pair of brake rotors, a hood and a hatch that I would like to get rid of... I'm in the deep NW if that matters. Is this the sort of stuff you are looking for or would this be wasting your time? If it is useful but not worth the trip to come get it I could drop it off at your place some time unless you are really far down south :dunno:

That stuff is all very useful. The batteries the most since they are full of lead il be up in the nw to grab some cans tomorrow please pm me your address and il pick them up tomorrow thanks!

master hec0
11-18-2012, 05:15 PM
thanks to tomcopdr and zero102 for the bottles/scrap and bmw muffler guy (never got your name) and bmw guys neighbor Dave for some more bottles and a complimentary beer!

so far I have raised $57.22 on bottles alone the scrap will be recycled later since they are closed on Sundays.

RNB11
11-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Hey master hec, I love this idea of fundraising. If you need any help picking up items or if you would like someone to help you out, PM me!

btimbit
11-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Love the idea! Unfortunately I think I just got rid of all my scrap since I just moved, but I'll ask my buddies and take a poke through my garage again just in case

master hec0
11-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by RNB11
Hey master hec, I love this idea of fundraising. If you need any help picking up items or if you would like someone to help you out, PM me!

PM'D

Originally posted by btimbit
Love the idea! Unfortunately I think I just got rid of all my scrap since I just moved, but I'll ask my buddies and take a poke through my garage again just in case

word of mouth is key thanks!

master hec0
11-19-2012, 07:02 PM
huge thanks to cancer man AKA Paul @ bert&jacks automotive:thumbsup:

his metal brought in $71.45 bringing my grand total so far to
$127.90!! that's a damn good start please keep the Pm's coming

Cos
11-21-2012, 07:30 PM

master hec0
12-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Update time.

So far im at $327.86!! if anybody else has anything or I some how have missed getting back to you please contact me again.

thanks to all the Beyonders who have pitched in!

Darkane
12-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Will get back to you this weekend. I'll be at my parents and I have a few aluminum blocks and stuff I can scrap. A used battery too I think

topsecret
12-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Hey man, come swing by jiffy lube up in creekside, I have some bottles here, and at least one battery lying around, I might even have some old copper lying around at home as well!

The addy is 12600 Symons Valley Rd NW ask for Kent.

Kramerica
12-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Damn, if this was in spring I'd have a nice juicy cat to give you

Graham_A_M
12-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Jeez, we have at least $10k in scrap metal and old equipment (IE: more scrap metal) at our farm, too bad its so far away. :thumbsdow

master hec0
12-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by topsecret
Hey man, come swing by jiffy lube up in creekside, I have some bottles here, and at least one battery lying around, I might even have some old copper lying around at home as well!

The addy is 12600 Symons Valley Rd NW ask for Kent.

PM'D

thanks for the reply's/pm's guys.

master hec0
12-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Alright everybody the moment you have all been waiting for..
I managed to get 475.11 i would say 85% of that was from beyond so Thank you all very much!!

Image Link: http://imgur.com/6ovmz

the total says 435.11 because a very nice lady donated 40$ to me in the line up at the dollar store after over hearing me talking to the store manager about my adventure. Also the manager Ranier at your dollar store with more in Okotoks promised to donate 200$ to the mustard seed upon my return from Indonesia.

So once I get back the grand total will be 675.11
I'm 124.89 short of my goal so if anybody has any cash donation,bottles or scrap donations I will continue to collect them into the new year. Thank's again beyond
Merry Christmas!!!
Nigel

Edit: I almost forgot to mention. If you or your company are interested in donating or Sponsoring Myself Please let me know. Our Rickshaw has plenty of room for Stickers. (rage2 if you read thing I would love to slap a Beyond.ca sticker on this beast)

black13
12-20-2012, 09:55 PM
I got an old 40 gal water heater if your interested.

speedog
12-21-2012, 12:48 AM
If you're interested, my community association was going to be getting rid of an old 2 stage gas snow blower plus a second snow blower head attachment as well as a couple of old lawn mowers - PM me if you want them and I'll find out if they're still available.

master hec0
12-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Pm'd ya :thumbsup:

firebane
12-21-2012, 01:05 PM
I got a couple of steel things if you want.

Bumper, old hitch, couple of small electrical boxes.

Pm me.