PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a company for importing jdm civic.

Skrilla
11-18-2012, 11:41 AM
I have been looking for months for a clean eg/ek hatch with b16 or b18c swap. And so far have spent more on gas and time, to go look at cars that turned out to be nothing near the description, than I care to think about. So I was going to see what my options are for possibly finding a rhd one. And what they cost landed. I know people say rhd will be shit bagged..blah blah but I have seen some clean examples, and just thought I'd look.

I tried emailing the sponsor here (jdmsource?) And never received and answer on either occasion. Is there anywhere else that people have had a good experience with and can point me to them? There is nothing in Medicine Hat so I'm not sure where to start. I'd rather not do it myself and mess something up, with being so busy at work I don't have the time, so paying someone is my preferred option .

Thanks!

spacerz
11-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Did you give JDM source a phone call? Maybe email isn't their primary source of communication.

I have had a handful of friends import through them and they all had a pleasant purchasing experience.

97luder
11-18-2012, 11:58 AM
do it your self, so easy and way cheaper!

Skrilla
11-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by spacerz
Did you give JDM source a phone call? Maybe email isn't their primary source of communication

No I did not, I sent a couple emails weeks apart. I know sometimes its not the best but I just had a few seconds a tossed an email. Figured within a couple days I'd hear something. Not bashing them, just stating what I did is all, and wondered if there was more than just them.

eglove
11-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Jdm source has always picked up the phone when I've called.

Skrilla
11-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Is there a site that shows cars in japan you can choose from that are currently available? I thought there used to be but cant remember where I seen it. Been doing a lot of reading about the process and it looks easier than I thought it would be.

And again I'm by no means bashing them, if I get the time I will call , just thought maybe there were options. Guessing not the case.

slinkie
11-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by eglove
Jdm source has always picked up the phone when I've called.

Dial
Rings for half a ring
"JDM."

:thumbsup:

Skrilla
11-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Thank you to the one person who sent me actual info. I am now in contact with the right person.

quorum
11-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Skrilla
I have been looking for months for a clean eg/ek hatch with b16 or b18c swap. Thanks!

What's special about the "B16"?

thanks.

slinkie
11-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by quorum

thanks.

VTEC
DOHC
Mated to quicker ratio trans's

Are u new?

95EG6P
11-21-2012, 05:18 PM

thanks.

B16 = V tec = sonic booms powers :burnout:

Cooked Rice
11-24-2012, 08:12 PM
PM me with your contact, I can help you out. You don't need a importer here, just an exporter in Japan. Would I have known these things a few months ago I would have saved $1200 in "importer service fees" Early in the stage I knew that what they were doing wasn't exactly worth what they were charging, so I asked a lot of questions, and was quite nosey and even possibly annoying at times. By the end I basically knew how the importer business was operating and knew I could have done without them.

r3ccOs
11-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by slinkie

VTEC
DOHC
Mated to quicker ratio trans's

Are u new?

VTEC is like a turbo but only better because its made by Honda

Graham_A_M
11-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
PM me with your contact, I can help you out. You don't need a importer here, just an exporter in Japan. Would I have known these things a few months ago I would have saved $1200 in "importer service fees" Early in the stage I knew that what they were doing wasn't exactly worth what they were charging, so I asked a lot of questions, and was quite nosey and even possibly annoying at times. By the end I basically knew how the importer business was operating and knew I could have done without them.

Good to know! What are good websites for the Japanese auctions?
or would you recommend going that route at all?

Cooked Rice
11-27-2012, 03:58 AM
Steven with www.sastrad.com and Derek with www.pacificcoastjdm.com, these are 2 Canadians living in Japan so rest assured communication will always be painless. Both have their own online gateways to the Japanese auctions, which let you browse cars. But it is also advisable to let them work for you and find other cars that aren't always listed on the online sites. Usually they can source non-auction cars as well and get more details and pictures. With cars on the auction block you usually get 2 web-cam quality pictures and an auction sheet, which many times misses things. I find USS auction houses, specifically Tokyo USS has the most accurate auction sheets. When my car came from CAA Chubu, it was a digital auction sheet which they missed quite a few major items that I could not make out in the pictures.

J.M.
11-27-2012, 03:25 PM
^ What did you import? I usually browse JDM Connection's auction site link just to see what's out there.

nolan34
11-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Definitely give Jdm source a call, I have nothing but good things to say about them every time I've dealt with them has been great. Never imported my self but have had buddies do it on their own and say its not worth all the head ache and paper work. Go through a trusted name like Jdm forsure

03ozwhip
11-29-2012, 10:26 AM
from what shaohib told me at jdmsource, he says he doesnt import for people anymore, he just imports some cars and sells them, its easier that way..unless he makes exceptions...

quorum
12-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs

VTEC is like a turbo but only better because its made by Honda

Is this a joke?

I just checked out B16 performance specs, and I didn't notice anything outstanding so I just wondered what collectors are looking at. Given that modern Civics have VTEC/DOHC, I'm still not getting what specifically is the interest in this engine?

Not trying to troll, just trying to learn. Thanks.

currency41
12-03-2012, 10:05 PM

Is this a joke?

I just checked out B16 performance specs, and I didn't notice anything outstanding so I just wondered what collectors are looking at. Given that modern Civics have VTEC/DOHC, I'm still not getting what specifically is the interest in this engine?

Yeah, it was a joke.

A B16 is pretty damn gutless.

r3ccOs
12-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Is this a joke?

it was a common engine outside of Canada (except for delsol)... the SI in the USA in the old EG series has the 160hp engine, we got some D16 crap

believe me its not "collectors" looking for this engine, its not that good

NRGie
12-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Wait till the summer/ spring. I can guarantee that shoaib will bring in a ctr. Look at in person then buy it if you like it. Why buy something without seeing and driving it

jaylo
12-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by NRGie
Wait till the summer/ spring. I can guarantee that shoaib will bring in a ctr. Look at in person then buy it if you like it. Why buy something without seeing and driving it

This

Make sure you snag them right away as they sell fast when it comes from JDMsource