PDA

View Full Version : Calgary BMW : Good bye E90 you will be missed

ganesh
11-19-2012, 12:09 PM
I have been dealing with Calgary BMW for 7 years. The relationship started rocky and the sales experience was initially discouraging, however Neil saw the problems as an opportunity to make me a happy customer. The original sales person who I dealt with in the beginning left Calgary BMW and my account was handed over to Woody.

Over the years I have referred several friends and family members to to Calgary BMW, and sometimes there have been difficult times with the sales experience for my friends as well, but again Neil and woody has always made it right and done what is necessary.

I have now purchased 3 vehicles from Calgary BMW, true to my luck my latest purchase did not go as smooth as I would have hoped. After long negotiations with Neil and Woody to come up with a deal that would work, I signed to purchase a 2012 X5 diesel. The next morning to my disappointment I find out that 3 days prior the X5 I agreed to purchase had been dealer traded and sold. I wasn’t happy about the turn of events and I had some choice of words for Neil and I also called BMW Canada.

Woody and Neil searched for an X5 that matched the same configuration as I agreed to purchase but there were none to be had. Woody called and asked me to come in Saturday morning so we could try and salvage the deal, I did not expect it would be time well spent and had already concluded that I would not be purchasing an X5 at this time. To my surprise, Woody and Neil had found a solution that I was happy with and we were able to close the deal. I ended up signing the papers for a 2013 X5 35 with pretty good discount.

KRyn
11-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Uh what? :confused:

GS430
11-19-2012, 12:26 PM
So... after a bad relationship, poor sales service to start, AND them selling the vehicle you signed for already, they still managed to get a sale out of you?

You seem like a dealership's wet dream. Hope the discount was hefty.. :dunno:

ganesh
11-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by GS430
So... after a bad relationship, poor sales service to start, AND them selling the vehicle you signed for already, they still managed to get a sale out of you?

You seem like a dealership's wet dream. Hope the discount was hefty.. :dunno:

People make mistake and as long as they are willing to correct them you need to give them a chance.
As for what happened like I said it is a human error what caused the sales person to sell the car to me. True I could have walked away from the sale , I choose not to.

GS430
11-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by ganesh

People make mistake and as long as they are willing to correct them you need to give them a chance.
As for what happened like I said it is a human error what caused the sales person to sell the car to me. True I could have walked away from the sale , I choose not to.

That's very honorable of you to say, I respect that.

benyl
11-19-2012, 12:39 PM
I hope it was one hell of a deal, the 2014 F15 X5 is just around the corner. Depreciation on the current X5 is going to accelerate very quickly.

spikerS
11-19-2012, 12:41 PM
sucker is born every minute!

M.alex
11-19-2012, 12:44 PM
No wonder car dealerships are able to make money :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

colinxx235
11-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I personally really dislike Calgary BMW. Persistent annoying salesmans there. Also like to try some sleezy lines that I found insulting, I guess they work on some people :dunno:

*looks at op* :rofl:

max_boost
11-19-2012, 12:49 PM
The man is happy with his purchase. Let him enjoy the moment you assholes. :D

JRSC00LUDE
11-19-2012, 12:50 PM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/ganesh.jpg

M.alex
11-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
The man is happy with his purchase. Let him enjoy the moment you assholes. :D

No; this is beyond; we must run everybody down for everything

ganesh
11-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by benyl
I hope it was one hell of a deal, the 2014 F15 X5 is just around the corner. Depreciation on the current X5 is going to accelerate very quickly.

I know about the model revamp. I am not too concened about that. From what I have seen on the E90 VS F30 price difference (On used cars) it is not a big issue.

ganesh
11-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
No wonder car dealerships are able to make money :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Every business is out there to make money. No one says that they are working for charity.

ganesh
11-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
I personally really dislike Calgary BMW. Persistent annoying salesmans there. Also like to try some sleezy lines that I found insulting, I guess they work on some people :dunno:

*looks at op* :rofl:
The unfortunate thing is if you want to drive a BMW you don't have much option in this city. Both dealer ships are owned by the same person and honestly I found Calgary BMW is easy to deal with compare to Gallery.

ganesh
11-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by spikers
sucker is born every minute!
Thanks.

JRSC00LUDE
11-19-2012, 01:15 PM
And now for a question somewhat on topic.......haha

How are the BMW diesels as far as mileage and reliability are concerned? I realize you won't have feedback yet but, others may.

dimi
11-19-2012, 01:16 PM

What if they are consistently making mistakes, often times on purpose, you would still give them a chance?

By the way which 35 did you get, diesel or gas?

ganesh
11-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Somewhat on topic.......haha

How are the BMW diesels as far as mileage and reliability are concerned?
X5D or 335 D?
X5D is about 30% fuel efficent over a X5 35.
As for reliablity I haven't heard any thing bad about them so far. All the reviews I read seems to rate them pretty high

ganesh
11-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by dimi

What if they are consistently making mistakes, often times on purpose, you would still give them a chance?

By the way which 35 did you get, diesel or gas?

I got gas. Origianlly we were looking for a diesel but now they have stopped production on the X5D and I wasn't willing to compromise on my specs so ended up getting a X5 gas.

I mean I will give any one a chance as long as they are not making the same mistakes. Also I have really bad luck when it comes to customer service and purchase of big ticket items. If any thing can go wrong it normally does go wrong with me. Trust me I don't have patience for sub par performance .

JRSC00LUDE
11-19-2012, 01:26 PM
X5D or 335 D?
X5D is about 30% fuel efficent over a X5 35.
As for reliablity I haven't heard any thing bad about them so far. All the reviews I read seems to rate them pretty high

Yes, the X5 thanks. Sometime in the next year or two I will be replacing my company truck and, I don't really want a truck again. Odds are I would shop in the used market at that time, these interest me a bit.

CapnCrunch
11-19-2012, 01:28 PM

they have stopped production on the X5D and I wasn't willing to compromise on my specs so ended up getting a X5 gas.

You wanted a diesel, but bought a gas engine, and you didn't compromise?

I'm guessing your definition of compromise is the exact opposite of the actual definition?

Or did you mean you "didn't not" compromise?

:rofl:

ganesh
11-19-2012, 01:29 PM

Yes, the X5 thanks. Sometime in the next year or two I will be replacing my company truck and, I don't really want a truck again. Odds are I would shop in the used market at that time, these interest me a bit.
I was told the X5D's are hard to keep on the used car lot. With the model revamp around the corner I would suspect that thre will be plenty to choose from.

TomcoPDR
11-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

No; this is beyond; we must run everybody down for everything

Exactly pants pooper

ganesh
11-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

You wanted a diesel, but bought a gas engine, and you didn't compromise?

I'm guessing your definition of compromise is the exact opposite of the actual definition?

Or did you mean you "didn't not" compromise?

:rofl:
Actually my wife wanted a diesel and I wanted the gas becuase of the M package and M performance PKG. So from that point of view No I didn't compromise.
The only X5D which are avaialble didn't have the correct packages we were looking for and that is when we decided not to go with the X5D

colinxx235
11-19-2012, 01:48 PM
^

you still did compromise. you got the sissy engine...

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Neil is awesome to deal with, when I bought my car I spent an hour going back and forth on price before he finally gave in but he did put up a good fight.

ganesh
11-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
^

you still did compromise. you got the sissy engine...
Thanks. I didn't know that

dirtsniffer
11-19-2012, 05:27 PM
And now for a question somewhat on topic.......haha

How are the BMW diesels as far as mileage and reliability are concerned? I realize you won't have feedback yet but, others may.

reliability? :cry: better have warranty.
Woody is the man, I would recommend anyone to deal with him.

7thgenvic
11-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Should have called every dealership in Canada...Best option!

Great pick in truck :)

ganesh
11-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
Should have called every dealership in Canada...Best option!

Great pick in truck :)

I did and none to be found in the country with the specs I was looking for.

ALBERTA_IS
11-19-2012, 10:01 PM
You want great BMW service? Talk to Grant Yooun at Calgary BMW, never met a sales guy that knew more about the car I was buying then me. Great guy, amazing service and I will only deal with him for my BMW needs.

Congrats on your X5! You will enjoy it!

Alex