PDA

View Full Version : Camaro gets abused by Dealership...

sillysod
11-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Audio file is of the Service Manager driving my car like he stole it.

link to video and story (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=932_1349722738&comments=1)

7thgenvic
11-20-2012, 07:59 PM
gets*?

Interesting to say the least !

InRich
11-21-2012, 12:58 AM
I wonder what happened with all this in the end... omg I woulda shot them if something like this happened to my old vette...

Hallowed_point
11-21-2012, 10:03 AM
What a bunch of goofs...no wonder dealerships have such a bad rep. Smart idea to record them! Guy buys a new car , takes it in for a warranty issue and they try and forcibly disqualify him and sell him a new car?!!?? :bullshit:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Edited.

Maxx Mazda
11-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Ive seen this happen FAR too often.

Hallowed_point
11-21-2012, 10:29 AM
That's good to hear :thumbsup: (him getting fired that is lol) You've gotta wonder what these guys are thinking in this day and age of digital surveillance!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

That's good to hear :thumbsup: (him getting fired that is lol) You've gotta wonder what these guys are thinking in this day and age of digital surveillance!

Edited

clem24
11-21-2012, 02:24 PM
I wondered if my C63 got abused at Mercedes as well but I guess i will never know. Took it in for "routine" maintenance like oil change, new brake fluid, stupid stuff. When I picked it up, trip meter stated that it was driven for 45 minutes (could've idled as well) but went 25KMs. Who the heck needs to test it for 25KMs...

I didn't say anything since I have zero proof. But then again, I am sure the original owner, who had it for a year, most likely drove it like he hated it most of the time, so it doesn't bother me as much.

Time to get myself a dash cam.

Maxx Mazda
11-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Where's that guy on youtube that put a camera in his STi and caught no less than 4 different people flogging his car in one visit?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-21-2012, 03:55 PM
I remember my dad took is M Roadster in for a oil change (only because it was covered under warranty) to Crowfoot BMW Gallery once and it came back with 50km more on it and overfilled with oil, he would never service any of our vehicles there again after that shit, and the other issue I had with the service manager.

Disoblige
11-21-2012, 04:01 PM
If I drop off anything with an odometer on it for service, I always take a picture of my current mileage w/time stamp. Time is actually recorded in the picture file itself, but just wanted a time in the photo as well to confirm.

lilmira
11-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Why do all these shitheads still have a job? I don't get it.

Mitsu3000gt
11-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Similar thing happened to my modified B5 S4.

The shop told me I needed a new MAF, then without asking my permission, the guy takes it home overnight with him (he lives in Bragg Creek) to "calibrate the MAF".

Turns out the issue was a loose hose clamp on the TBB, which I found and fixed myself in 2 minutes after paying the shop :facepalm:.

Maxx Mazda
11-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Beyonder's still use shops?

InRich
11-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
If I drop off anything with an odometer on it for service, I always take a picture of my current mileage w/time stamp. Time is actually recorded in the picture file itself, but just wanted a time in the photo as well to confirm.

mmmm your a fucking genius! im gonna start doing that, esp with the new whip coming.

AE92_TreunoSC
11-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Twin Cam its probably best to keep items like that corvette off the internet. I'd highly recommend asking to remove those posts.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
Twin Cam its probably best to keep items like that corvette off the internet. I'd highly recommend asking to remove those posts.

Probably a good idea come to think of it even thought the guy is long gone.

spacerz
11-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
Beyonder's still use shops?

Exactly what I was thinking...haha

Sentry
11-21-2012, 08:49 PM
99% of the stuff that rolls through the shop is slower than even my "beater". I go WOT when I turn onto the highway (left turn onto 100kmh limit), but that's all the flogging the cars I road test ever see.

I don't know how anyone can be so stupid with a customer's car. Do they not have cars of their own? Get it out of your system with your own equipment, not shit where you'll be liable for it.

3 most important words as a tech, COVER YOUR ASS.

Abusing customer vehicles is the exact opposite.

Rat Fink
11-21-2012, 08:53 PM

7thgenvic
11-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Surprised Rage hasn't piped in... Didn't the same thing happen to his Boosted M3 a few years ago :( Shame to see this stories.

Sentry
11-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
Surprised Rage hasn't piped in... Didn't the same thing happen to his Boosted M3 a few years ago :( Shame to see this stories. Ah I remember that!

Graham_A_M
11-21-2012, 10:05 PM
^ Yeah that tops pretty much all stories in this thread, or any others in terms of getting screwed by idiots at the dealership.

Im still blown away by what happened.

FraserB
11-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Wow.

Surprised this didn't wind up ending in his favor.

FraserB
11-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Surprised Rage hasn't piped in... Didn't the same thing happen to his Boosted M3 a few years ago :( Shame to see this stories.

Didn't he see it being driven around?

7thgenvic
11-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Didn't he see it being driven around?

It was another member who saw it cruising down deerfoot doing 180.. something like that.

FraserB
11-21-2012, 11:16 PM

It was another member who saw it cruising down deerfoot doing 180.. something like that.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/238337/owned-by-calgary-bmw-scumbags/

Nakadah
11-21-2012, 11:28 PM
I do as much as possible myself on my cars, but there has been times that I could not have avoided the dealer. Every time I go to the service department of a dealership I regret it so much... Like last time with North Hill Mazda...

If any of you Mazda owners/potential Mazda owners want to know why you should stay away from North Hill Mazda pm me...

Revhard
11-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Yep, when DC5 was in it's glory days, we would drop a car and hide out and video the carnage. Still remember that one video where you could clearly hear v-tec...clowns.
After that, I had a special program I called gay service tune I'd put in to drop it off for service. Max rpm 3500, and max standstill was 2000. Nobody said boo. Did it twice to see if anybody would ask, but nobody did. Never went back. It was still fun though.
It happens when you get guys who just don't have anything to lose. If they lose their job at 19, or 45 for that matter, they don't care. They certainly don't think they will get caught.

Lubu
12-01-2012, 05:09 AM
I'm usually quite anal when it comes to sending any of my modified cars in for maintenance. I clearly put a yellow post it note on the steering wheel with the km's written down on it along with mentioning that they are not to turn on my car stereo at any time because it has a custom configuration. And so they know I mean business, I also leave my internal video camera inside the car on at all times during the service call. With the video camera bright red light blinking every 2 seconds, they know they are being recorded.

Zhariak
12-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Not trying to cause trouble here...

But this clip was recorded over a year ago (maybe 2 years ago) in the united states by some guy on some camaro forums...

I just went back and read the description... This is in "SC" whatever US state that is...

This wasn't in Calgary, and wasn't recorded by a beyonder...

EK69
12-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Zhariak
Not trying to cause trouble here...

But this clip was recorded over a year ago (maybe 2 years ago) in the united states by some guy on some camaro forums...

I just went back and read the description... This is in "SC" whatever US state that is...

This wasn't in Calgary, and wasn't recorded by a beyonder...
:drama:

Cos
12-02-2012, 10:07 AM

rc2002
12-02-2012, 01:30 PM
It doesn't matter where it happened, it's common to any dealership. Usually the guys are young and could care less about liability our other people's property.

My Corvette was driven 40km even though i was told they didn't have time to work on it (this was with an appointment). Took three visits to change the oil and lube the sunroof and axles. Also cost over 200$. After one of those times the clutch pedal spring was actually sheared to give an idea on how the car was test driven.

North Hill Mazda is brutal as well. Came back with a noticeable ding on my bumper after service. This was cracked paint consistent with a low speed impact. They didn't even say anything about it when I went to pick it up.

this problem is probably worse in Calgary since there aren't enough workers in these positions so the dealerships take what they can get. Just looking at the shop Foreman is very telling. Usually the shop Foreman looks like he has no more than 5 to 10 years out of high school.