PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 12 scrap cars for training purposes in the greater Calgary area

Graham_A_M
11-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey guys, Im copying and pasting this from another forum. I wont post his phone number on a public forum, so PM me and I'll PM you back with it.
Anyway, here it is.

The local firehall (Chestermere) is looking for 12 scrap cars to use for training purposes. Jaws of life etc. I have been towing my scrap cars to them for the last 6 months so they can cut them up and then towing them away to the scrapper after. This time they need 12 vehicles at once for a big training day just after Xmas. Damaged, dented, dead or even running are all good. The cars/trucks/vans etc pretty much just need to have doors, roof and windows so they can use it for training cutting and extracting dummys. If you are in the Calgary area and you can donate that is best as I believe they can supply a tax receipt and as a bonus you might save someones life. Or...... I am willing to pay up to $150 for completeish vehicles and tow away. Complete means rolling with a motor, tranny and catyletic converter. As far as motor and tranny, any motor and tranny either installed or just loose in trunk or just dropped into engine bay. No motor/tranny/converter or non rollers will be payed less. Of course price can vary depending on location of car and type of vehicle. Not looking to make huge dollar on the scrap but if I am buying cars and then donating them to the firehall, I need to be able to make a couple dollars after when I scrap them. Thanks for your time and please let me know what you have either in the thread

racerjim
11-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Maybe go ask at navajo metals, i know they supply the calgary fire dept. with practice cars.

Graham_A_M
11-22-2012, 10:37 PM
^ Yeah, just seeing if anybody here had any old parts cars they wanted to get rid of as well.

I'll mention that to him. Thanks.