PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Amazing Cleaning Calgary review

joyridder
11-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Now before you purchase one of the many coupons/groupons/deal blogs etc. that this company uses to promote itself, I would urge you to first try:

-Drive to NE Calgary
-Find two overweight poorly dressed, greasy haired slobs
-pay them up front and give them the keys to your house

You just might have a more positive experience than dealing with Absolutely Amazing Cleaning, in my opinion.

The vouchers I purchased were from the Calgary Deals and Discount thread: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/310600/calgary-deals-and-discounts/

Unfortunately, when I purchased these "deals" there weren't any online reviews about this company. I see now there are many others with similar experiences at yelp: http://www.yelp.ca/biz/absolutely-amazing-cleaning-calgary
Unfortunately, all but two reviews have been filtered.

Allow me to give everyone a quick review of how this company operates. Once you have purchased a voucher, the fun starts when trying to book an appointment. The contact number seems to be Tanya Riley's cell phone. Now this phone is rarely answered and the voicemail was full every time I called. I also sent emails, which were never replied to. So, good luck trying to redeem your voucher.

If you are lucky enough to get through to Tanya Riley to book an appointment, don't bother making note of appointment times, because she won't. Both appointments were missed by her crew and trying to contact her about the appointments is next to impossible.

Now if you make it to the stage where someone shows up to clean your house, I'm not sure whether to congratulate you, or feel pity? The cleaners that came to our house were late, unprofessional, left early and did a very poor job. Basics like vacuuming the carpets were overlooked. Cleaning floors consisted of using a spray bottle with cleaner to spray the floors leaving a nasty residue after.

Now I tried to address all of the issues to the owner Tanya Riley. I was diplomatic and reasonable about it all, giving her a chance to fix the problems and/or show that this is not normal operation for her company. She gets extremely rude/aggressive and unprofessional on the phone. She is definitely not worried about yelling profanities to a customer who is trying to be reasonable.

Anyways, long story short stay away from this company: http://www.absolutelyamazingcleaning.ca/en/

Kloubek
11-25-2012, 05:47 PM
...and, thanks to the power of Beyond and Google, it is likely this thread will be popping up any time anyone does a search.

Not sure how anybody thinks running a business in this manner is a good idea when it is so easy to get the word out...

EK 2.0
11-25-2012, 05:53 PM
I guess your experience was everything but...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090317145323/csi/fr/images/5/56/Horatiocaine.jpg

Absolutely Amazing...

blitz
11-25-2012, 05:59 PM
So Absolutely Amazing Cleaning Calgary (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/362937/absolutely-amazing-cleaning-calgary-review/) was a huge disappointment?

Absolutely Amazing Cleaning Calgary (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/362937/absolutely-amazing-cleaning-calgary-review/) was rude and unprofessional?

Absolutely Amazing Cleaning Calgary (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/362937/absolutely-amazing-cleaning-calgary-review/) Did a horrible job?

Thanks for the review of Absolutely Amazing Cleaning Calgary (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/362937/absolutely-amazing-cleaning-calgary-review/)

Kloubek
11-26-2012, 11:34 AM
...aaaaaaannnndddd.... 1st page on Google in 1 day.

blitz
11-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Well that's what Absolutely Amazing Cleaning Calgary (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/362937/absolutely-amazing-cleaning-calgary-review/) gets when they're so unprofessional.

Thanks again for the review of Absolutely Amazing Cleaning Calgary (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/362937/absolutely-amazing-cleaning-calgary-review/).

Absolutely Amazing Cleaning Calgary (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/362937/absolutely-amazing-cleaning-calgary-review/)

:devil:

joyridder
11-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Something else to note, although this business is not BBB accredited, looks like they have had 11 complaints in the last 12 months. http://www.bbb.org/calgary/business-reviews/cleaning-services/absolutely-amazing-cleaning-in-calgary-ab-71658

There is no way a business that operates like this can stay open for long. Hopefully Tanya Riley (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/362937/absolutely-amazing-cleaning-calgary-review/) of Absolutely Amazing Cleaning (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/362937/absolutely-amazing-cleaning-calgary-review/) treats her clients, who have paid money up front, a little better.

KimmyC
11-28-2012, 05:54 PM
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING CLEANING IS AN ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE COMPANY.
Wow. What a complete and utter piece of work that Tanya Riley is. I'm reporting her to the CPS just in case her and her band of misfits tries to get into my house. oh wait, that won't ever happen.!!!!! After two no show appointments, numerous calls, I finally got a hold of Tanya.. well, she said she wasn't Tany but it was her who played completely stupid.. and said she would have Tanya call back.

I called her repeatedly today for about 3 minutes.. she finally answered and barked quit calling me every two minutes I'm trying to drive. Oh but first she denied being Tanya!!! Then hung up on me muttering having a nice day!!!

Thoroughly disgusted and have reported her to the BB as well. Groupon better issue a refund as well. Sadly Absolutely Amazing Cleaning has absolutely the worst customer service, apparently the absolute worst cleaners and has the absolutely amazing (NOT!!!!!!!!)TANYA RILEY AS ITS OWNER!!!
:banghead: I'm going to call her every day for a year just to make her life miserable. :-) maybe in the middle of the night..

7thgenvic
11-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Not high enough on google. Thank god I have a cleaner! I would HATE to have to find one of these Sh*t companies off the deal blog.

joyridder
11-28-2012, 06:42 PM
@Kimmyc

Sounds like your situation is very simular to mine. Tanya is certainly one of a kind!

JustinMCS
11-28-2012, 06:52 PM
The reviews are all the same! Holy shit.

Wow what a scam. When I originally tried to contact this company to book an appointment the call would go to voice mail and the mailbox was full, so I could not leave a message. Finally, I called early in the morning (8:00am) and a woman answered and finally I was able to book my appointment. The appointment was set for today, November 26th at 12:00. At 2:30 she called to say she would be there in 20 minutes. At 5:00 it was apparent they were not coming. I tried calling several times but again the voice mail box was full. I am going to request a refund. I definitely do not want to rebook with this company or have them in my house. Very disappointed.

I bought the same 4 hrs intensive groupon and booked appoint on Wednesday Nov. 21st @ 9 a.m. no one showed up untill 10:30 am, but there was heavy snow, so its reasonable, so i called the office #, a lady answered the phone said the team they send were stuck in the snow and waiting for tow truck, and they will come to my place in the afternoon, and will call me for update. everthing seems ok until this point. HOWEVER, I HAVE NEVER received any reply since then. (has been 3 days so far) I tried to call the office for more than 20 times since then, left few vm and also send email, but couldn't get hold of anybody. this is totally unacceptable customer service, no show, no contact, no reply. I can't understand how this business survive with such horriable attitude. I am not a difficult customer at all, if the weather or any reason they couldn't make it, I dont mind, as long as you let me know, we can together arrange it. well, after reading Eileen's feedback, I am actually feel lucky that they didnt come. I can just get refund from groupon than waste my money& time. there is another company I would like to mention from groupon, called " 2 maid ' something cleaning. they did the same thing, none reachable, no answer on the phone, no show, no reply. the same thing for the 2 companies are : they both have no physical address. I highly doubt them just a person business, and probably didn't know they have to finish the work before they can get the money from groupon. BEWARE !

I e-mailed Team Buy and requested a full refund as Tanya from Absolutely Amazing Cleaning refuses to call me back, and is unlikely to come back and complete the other 2 hours that was promised to be on the coupon. Team Buy should do a better job of screening and researching the companies so I think the fault lies with Team Buy as much as it does with Absolutely Amazing Cleaning. This is what I wrote to Team buy: I purchased these two cleanings from Absolutely Amazing Cleaning and I would say that their service is anything but amazing. We had terrible customer service from Tanya, the lady who owns, and manages the company. She was extremely rude, when all we wanted was to schedule a cleaning which we did in a friendly tone. So it was a bad experience from the very beginning. We were barely satisfied the first time they came to clean, we saw that things had been moved around and most surfaces seemed to be wiped down. We live in a 800square foot condo, so there's no way that they can't do a good job with 4 man hours. previous to buying the teambuy coupons, I got a move-in cleaning with Mango maids and in 7 hours they did a job 20 times better than what Tanya and her crew were able to do. I booked both cleanings at the same time and provided my information at that time. They failed to show up the 2nd time because they claim I didn't give them my phone # and they couldn't confirm the cleaning the night before. They did call me the morning of the first cleaning to confirm however, so clearly they had my phone #, but either she didn't write it down for the 2nd cleaning, or she intentionally missed the 2nd cleaning. When she finally did come the 2nd time, I called and spoke with her at 4:08pm and she said she was on her way to our condo for the cleaning, which likely means she got there at 4:15pm. I got home at 5:15pm expecting to walk in on them and would be very clear as to what I wanted cleaned. THEY WERE NOT THERE at 5:15pm. She had wiped down the sink, and 'mopped' the floor but that was it! They were in and out in less than 1 hour (2 man hours) for a coupon that is for 2 hours (4 man hours) of service and apparently worth $139 regularly. This is absolute garbage. Even the work that they DID do was done poorly as there were shoe prints throughout the house and they didn't vacuum the carpet as I found several pieces of garbage. I took photos to document and have evidence for all this. I attempted to get a hold of them to ask about their poor quality of cleaning and was able to leave a voice message but she has never called me back, and every time I try to call now, her voicemail is always full and she rarely picks up the phone. I would like a full refund from TeamBuy because this company has refused to cooperate with me, and also because you should have a policy in place to screen companies before you allow them to offer coupons. Clearly this company offers poor service and a poor product that doesn't match the service agreed to in the team buy coupon.

I had purchased a voucher for a "4 hour intensive clean". I wanted to get the cleaning done before december, so i had a nice fresh clean before putting up christmas decorations. I bought the voucher in early october, and had made the booking around the 20th..? Made the booking for November 8th at 9am. After purchasing the voucher, i had tried to call to book about 5 times. Each time, it went to voicemail, which i couldn't leave, because it was full. I preferred to call as I like haveing a confirmation immediatly. Finally i went online and made the reservation through the website. Never recieved a confirmation. after trying to call another 5 times (and right to a full voicemail each time) i finally got a hold of someone, on november 5th, and mentioned that i had made a booking online, and needed a reservation. She told me that she was at the store, picking up supplies. Didn't have her laptop with her, so she would call me back in 20 minutes to let me know. I was just about to start work so i asked her to leave a message, and she said that wouldn't be a problem. I never heard back. Tried calling a few more times the next couple days, and no luck. I went back onto the website and left a message on their "contact us" page (not that you're actually contacting them apparently..." about how i have had a hard time getting through, and need to know if someone is coming. I had asked that someone contact me and let me know that day. that was yesterday (november 7th) It is the day i was hoping to have them arrive, at 10:15am (over an hour from when i was expecting them) and nothing. Needless to say, this is a business that doesn't really care to get business. In my opinion. Perhaps they are too busy to be able to answer the phone or check email or voicemail. Then perhaps they should hire another person? Because i would expect if they are THAT busy, they can afford to hire one more person. So since it is over an hour past the time i booked, on the day i booked, and i have not heard a single PEEP from them. I guess i'll take the weekend (cancel my plans) and clean my place myself. I know it seems lazy to call a cleaner but when you're busy, you're busy! Thank god Goupon will refund my money.

moondropcricket
12-16-2012, 08:18 PM
FYI - here is her FB page if anyone cares - https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tanya.matheson

I have been trying to get a hold of her for weeks now to confirm we have an appointment in the morning. After reading this I know why she hasn't confirmed, because she is also a scam!

SlickA70
12-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Absolutely Amazing Cleaning.

rage2
12-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Her house needs an absolutely amazing cleaning job.

http://tinyurl.com/bsfbnrg

7thgenvic
12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Her house needs an absolutely amazing cleaning job.

http://tinyurl.com/bsfbnrg

good find:) What a ABSOLUTE BABE!

joyridder
03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
The new year brings positive change for some people. But not for Tanya Riley and the band of misfits at Absolutely Amazing Cleaning. I can see they are still up to their old shenanigans. The BBB has yet even more complaints filed against them and yelp has even more negative reviews for this company in the last couple of months.

Maybe a mod could change the thread title to Absolutely Amazing Cleaning SCAM

Looks like the same ol' story:

I booked an appointment for a move-out cleaning, and they charged me $155 for that. After arriving 1 hour late, they said the original quote did not include walls and increased the cost to $200, even though they initially said $155 includes everything.

Then they insisted that I pay up front and then it is better if I am not at home so that they can clean uninterrupted. So we left our apartment. When we came back in an hour, they had ran away hardly doing any cleaning.

I called them repeatedly and they did not pick up and their mailbox was full so I could not leave a message.

This is a con-job and I STRONGLY recommend against using these cheats again.

I too purchased the Groupons before Christmas. When trying to book the initial appointment, the mailbox was full and I was unable to leave a message. I waited a few more weeks and the next time I called was able to reach Tanya live. She indicated she was booking well into February. I booked an appointment and the day of the appointment, nobody showed. I called her to inquire and she indicated it was a holiday (family day). I indicated that I had asked that at the time of booking, but she had assured me they were working. She rudely indicated that I must have my dates mixed up. I asked her if she had a book to record appointments, so if I did get the appointment mixed up, when was I scheduled for? She told me to stop being so ignorant, and then promptly hung up on me. I tried to call her back, and she did not answer the phone and let it go to voice mail. Groupon was very kind to refund my money as I indicated I had no interest in continuing to deal with this company. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE, unless you enjoy being treated rudely, hung up on, and treat customers like they are a highly annoying part of your day.

I would agree with the other comment!! I booked an appointment, had the confirmation call the day before in which I was told that the appointment before mine had been cancelled so they would be arriving at 9:30 am. After 10 am, I called the owner who at first did not answer but after several attempts in a row I finally contacted her to ask why they had not arrived. She told me that they had an appointment on the other side of the city and that they were running late. However, during the confirmation call they day before I was advised that I would be the first appointment due to the cancellation. The owner told me that she would call me back to let me know where they were... I never received a phone call at all after that. She NEVER called me back to explain why they had not shown up. I had to call Groupon myself to ask for a refund. This is why ABSOLUTELY AMAZING CLEANING HAD AN F GRADE ON BBB. It would not be in your best interest to choose this company!!!!!

Do not waste your time or money with this unprofessional company. My experience is very similar to previous reviews. I had spoken to the owner of Absolutely Amazing Cleaning and had booked an appointment for a 4 hour intensive house cleaning. On the day of the appointment no one showed up. My appointment was for 2pm, I waited until 2:30 then called the company and I spoke to the owner again and she said her teams were running behind but someone was still coming to clean my house. So, like a fool I waited, and waited, but no one showed up. I tried to contact the company after I finally realized no one was going to show up. I was unable to leave a voice message as the mailbox was full, and my calls and text messages were never returned. I am so disappointed that the person responsible for the success of the company would lie to their customer and then refuse to respond with any kind of explanation or apology.

We are moving out this weekend and we have a newborn baby that restricts what I can do through out the day by myself so we bought the groupon for this company and we had to book them for before me moved because they supposedly don't work on the weekend. We tried our best and put all our boxes out of their way and cleaned out all the cupboards of stuff for them.
They showed up 1 1/2 hour late and the groupon was for 4 hours cleanings with 2 people and we paid extra for a full clean which was supposed to included inside the oven, fridge and behind too.
I went out for lunch 10 mins after they arrived and came back 40 mins later and they were gone! They left the door unlocked and they did not clean behind anything or inside the oven, they didn't even wash the windows... All they cleaned was inside and outside the cupboards, the counters, the toilet and sink and the baseboards. They claimed that they couldn't move boxes so they couldn't clean anything else... Really? I even offered to move stuff for them and they said no, that they would do it.
Now my husband has to take an extra day off to help me clean before we move in 2 days.
And the owner of this company KNEW we would complain, because I called three times and she did not pick up, but she did pick up 2 seconds later when my husband called from his cell phone. She refuses to give us back our money or have them come back and clean again.

I was absolutely RIPPED off. Purchased the groupon for the "super clean" or whatever the more expensive option was for a very tiny condo. The owner had me pay an additional $60 cash as cleaning the appliances "wasn't something that was included in the groupon". The owner was very unprofessional and stand-offish on the phone when I was booking the cleaning. I worked around her schedule and to top it off she was 20 minutes late and didn't bother to call me to say she was running behind. They finished in under an hour when the groupon says four hours. The condo looked as if they hadn't even been there! I paid extra money on top of the groupon to have the walls cleaned, baseboards etc....This place needed a cleaning as there were cobwebs on shelves that were totally visible from across the room, dust on top of all the appliances, carpets needed vacuuming, walls needed cleaning...it looked like they came in...sat around and left. I tried to call the owner to get my money back on a Saturday and she claimed "its the weekend its family time Im not discussing this with you now" she said she would call on Monday. I had to call her and she hung up on me! This is a joke of a business, everytime I called I had to ask if its the cleaning company as she just answers..."hello". They should be ashamed of their actions, despicable behaviour, downright upsetting. It was my fault for trusting someone would perform the service I paid for. I will never NEVER recommend this company.

I, like so many others on here, were a victim of this disgrace of a business. Bought a voucher through a great-looking deal on Living Social. Booked an appointment - No-show. Called to discuss - no answer, no room on the mailbox (jeez, sounds like every other complaint about these morons.). Someone finally called me a week later saying sorry but she (the owner) had family business out of town and the person in charge dropped the ball. Got a half-arsed apology from her so we booked again. Again they no-showed. I called back and again couldn't leave a message due to the mailbox being full (hello this is a business, no??). So I waited and called back a few days later. THE SAME PERSON WHO CLAIMED SHE WAS AWAY THE LAST TIME AGAIN USED THE SAME EXCUSE! Do you think I am THAT dumb?! So I got sneaky and cannot wait to see if this comes to fruition: I rescheduled for a THIRD time and in the meantime I got a refund from Living Social. I cannot wait to see if they do show up because I will not be there to let them in!

Same as many other reviews:
Got a discounted voucher through LivingSocial deals.

It took me several months to leave a voicemail, as it was always full.
I suggested a time/day.
Tanya(?) called back, confirming it, as she was in the area that day.

She called to confirm (for Friday 4pm) at about 5pm on Thursday.

That day, she didn't show.
No answer on the cellphone she confirmed with.
6:00 came, I figured she wouldn't show.
Had to clean myself for the party next day.
I have arthritis, bad knees, back injury - and I was scrubbing floors & toilets, and cleaning all evening, and all Saturday.
Party came & went fine, but I was then in bed all day Sunday in pain.
Wonderful start to the Christmas holidays. "Thanks, Tanya!"

Was able to leave messages on cell & work phones. No replies.
Emailed twice. No replies.

Now, over a month later, still no word.

Fortunately, LivingSocial refunded my money.

And the list goes on and on....http://www.yelp.ca/biz/absolutely-amazing-cleaning-calgary Hopefully this company will not last through this year...

ndhal417
03-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Some people are seriously stupid. Pay someone you don't know and never met before for a service that they haven't completed or even started yet and leave them alone in your house? No wonder these scammers always seem to stay in business for a few years.

GTS4tw
03-12-2013, 08:33 AM
^ Exactly, and its not like she cares if she gets caught, probably cost her under $200 to set up her whole business. Its easy to just start up again under a different name in one day. Probably employs a lot of family and friends so they help perpetuate the scam.

Best thing that could happen is everyone who was ripped off file a lawsuit in small claims court against her, its only one day off work for each person who was scammed, but you could waste a lot of her time and money. Hitting them (scammers) in the pocketbook is where it really counts, people like this dont give a shit about reputation.

A790
03-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw
^ Exactly, and its not like she cares if she gets caught, probably cost her under $200 to set up her whole business. Its easy to just start up again under a different name in one day. Probably employs a lot of family and friends so they help perpetuate the scam.

Best thing that could happen is everyone who was ripped off file a lawsuit in small claims court against her, its only one day off work for each person who was scammed, but you could waste a lot of her time and money. Hitting them (scammers) in the pocketbook is where it really counts, people like this dont give a shit about reputation.
Unfortunately cleaning is a transient business, and many people are looking to get it done for as cheap as possible. I understand the need to save money where you can, but when you are letting people into your home to interact with your personal space and belongings it's always a good idea to get a feel for them first.

I can't comment on the company in question because I haven't had any personal dealings with them, but I can say that we (Neatfreak) often get new clients as a result of cleaning companies like this ripping off their customers. I can't even remember how many times people have sent me e-mails AMAZED that our cleaners showed up and did a decent job. It's as if they've never had that before... but then you have companies like the OP posted about that leave people with a sour taste in their mouths. It's pretty sad, actually.

If you're looking for a cleaning company make sure whomever you hire is licensed, bonded, and insured. If they aren't bonded/insured, if they slip or injure themselves in your home you could be liable. As well, most reputable cleaning companies will bill you after the clean, not before.

Now, obviously I'd like you to hire us if you need a cleaning company, but know what we aren't the only ones that meet the simple criteria I posted above. The only way hacks like these will go away is if people stop paying them to be hacks...

heavyfuel
03-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by ndhal417
Some people are seriously stupid. Pay someone you don't know and never met before for a service that they haven't completed or even started yet and leave them alone in your house? No wonder these scammers always seem to stay in business for a few years.

It's fuckin bullshit how these companies manage to stay in business. I have a competitor that relies largely on groupons and such, bad reviews coast to coast about how they flat out steal from people, and provide generally horrible service yet they're hopping busy, and here I am with my thumb up my ass waiting for calls... sickening.

A790
03-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel

It's fuckin bullshit how these companies manage to stay in business. I have a competitor that relies largely on groupons and such, bad reviews coast to coast about how they flat out steal from people, and provide generally horrible service yet they're hopping busy, and here I am with my thumb up my ass waiting for calls... sickening.
Advertise?

heavyfuel
03-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by A790

Advertise?

Ohhh I'm not a cleaner....

Edit, didn't get the context of your reply at first.

Advertising doesn't work.

A790
03-13-2013, 08:47 AM

Ohhh I'm not a cleaner....

Edit, didn't get the context of your reply at first.

Advertising doesn't work.
What do you do that advertising doesn't work?

ercchry
03-13-2013, 08:50 AM

What do you do that advertising doesn't work?

its an ever growing riddle...

-drives a truck
-meets clients at residential properties
-its a service that management companies need
-can make $1k on a busy day
-looked down upon by "classy" people

corsvette
03-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

-drives a truck
\

My guess would be a JunK/Garbage removal type busniess.

03-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Maybe he is Mr. Plow.

A790
03-13-2013, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by corsvette

\

Can't be. Advertising is paramount for that kind of business.

ercchry
03-13-2013, 09:07 AM

he competitors do have a service that benefits from groupon though...

codetrap
03-13-2013, 09:12 AM

-drives a truck

Originally posted by 410440
Maybe he is Mr. Plow.
Based on everything he's written, and his username? I'm betting he drives a honey truck, though I don't understand why he'd be embarrassed about it.

ercchry
03-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by codetrap

Based on everything he's written, and his username? I'm betting he drives a honey truck, though I don't understand why he'd be embarrassed about it.

i was thinking that too, but failed to see the need for a management company to have one of those on contract... seems like it would be rare enough just to call up a company when needed... and how would that work with groupon? :rofl:

blitz
03-13-2013, 09:29 AM

\

He also sells "legitimately obtained" copper which ties into that.

He's also a horrible businessman, so....

A790
03-13-2013, 10:05 AM
Salvage removal? Post-construction clean-up?

heavyfuel
03-13-2013, 01:34 PM
^^ Holy fuck eh. Clearly I'm not the only one going through a slow period at the moment.

blitz
03-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Is your name Tim?

heavyfuel
03-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by blitz
Is your name Tim?

My name is Vince. I know which Tim you speak of. He's Lebanese, right?

ercchry
03-13-2013, 02:15 PM
found it...

http://www.calgaryjunkremoval.com/

how can advertising NOT help you?

heavyfuel
03-13-2013, 02:26 PM
found it...

http://www.calgaryjunkremoval.com/

how can advertising NOT help you?

Nice work, Mr. Eric Charney. Why would you post that here? Trying to get me banned? I had another Beyonder post a good review but still, c'mon let's not abuse that...

I'vre tried so many advertising avenues, nothing works dude.

Mitsu3000gt
03-13-2013, 02:30 PM
How would someone else posting a link get you banned?

You have an excellent website by the way, IMO.

ercchry
03-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Yeah, really nice site. I think you really have something that could turn into a nice business for you, but you got to stop being so damn paranoid :rofl:

blitz
03-13-2013, 02:38 PM
That's what made me dismiss that one, I thought it was too good. :rofl:

I thought this was more your style: http://www.alwaysavailablejunkremoval.com/

heavyfuel
03-13-2013, 02:44 PM
That's what made me dismiss that one, I thought it was too good. :rofl:

I thought this was more your style: http://www.alwaysavailablejunkremoval.com/

Ya, ummmm. No. I bet he'll be cheaper tho lol

blitz
03-13-2013, 02:48 PM
It's a good website and the rates seem reasonable :thumbsup:

heavyfuel
03-13-2013, 02:55 PM
^^Thank you.

Penis McNickels
03-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Love the site!

You can handle my junk any day!

blitz
03-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Actually $500 to take my full load seems steep. :rofl:

GTS4tw
03-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Man, that site is great. Don't know why you think advertising doesnt work though, seems like the kind of business where advertising in the right places would be key.

vengie
03-13-2013, 03:39 PM
Actually $500 to take my full load seems steep. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ntense_SpecV
03-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Heavyfuel - The website looks good.

I always think of my parents (61 years old) and how they are fairly internet limited. I hate to say it but they would probably find the second website more towards their use - bright text/background and simple website layout with a giant phone number.

I personally (32 years old) would prefer yours Heavyfuel, just because it has mobile apps and it's honestly just a nicer layout.

My 2 cents.

codetrap
03-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Actually $500 to take my full load seems steep. :rofl: Really? He's charging $500 to haul away a *AAA*?

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/dngood/dngood0811/dngood081100055/3862528-an-isolated-image-of-a-single-aaa-battery-held-between-fingers.jpg

Mibz
03-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Ahhh, now it makes sense. Heavyfuel is Vince1, who was banned. I don't remember whether it was for advertising his company or acting like a retard, but he did both.

ercchry
03-13-2013, 04:18 PM
i think it was because of his stance on the topic of "rolling coal" :rofl:

heavyfuel
03-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Ahhh, now it makes sense. Heavyfuel is Vince1, who was banned. I don't remember whether it was for advertising his company or acting like a retard, but he did both.

Yup! That was me. I got made months ago, by the astute and now M.I.A. Guillermo, AKA Nonlinear lol. Thanks for all the compliments guys, but I think that it's painfully obvious that I have a lot of personal growth and obstacles to overcome, before any website or advertising helps me succeed. Working on it. As odd as it may seem, I'm working on it.

Disoblige
03-13-2013, 04:27 PM
cough fixedgear

Graham_A_M
03-13-2013, 07:11 PM

Yup! That was me. I got made months ago, by the astute and now M.I.A. Guillermo, AKA Nonlinear lol. Thanks for all the compliments guys, but I think that it's painfully obvious that I have a lot of personal growth and obstacles to overcome, before any website or advertising helps me succeed. Working on it. As odd as it may seem, I'm working on it.

So interesting to connect the dots with these last two pages. Funny you bring those up. I was wondering what happened to them.
:rofl:

A790
03-13-2013, 09:01 PM
^^ Holy fuck eh. Clearly I'm not the only one going through a slow period at the moment.
We are quite busy, but my focus is always on calculated growth.

As far as your business, I guarantee that advertising would get you busy as hell. You're just doing it wrong.

Seriously.

I used to work with a garbage removal guy and had him answering 2-3 qualified calls/day from his advertising. Doesn't sound like much, but that's 60 calls a month and even if you only close 20% of that you're still landing 12 new clients.

It's about HOW you advertise bud. I'd speak to a professional (not Yellow Pages, etc.) and get some honest advice to help your business.

heavyfuel
03-14-2013, 08:49 AM
^^ Yeah there's a lot of things I'm doing wrong. I apologize for the negativity it's just what I've experienced with advertising.

I tried Google adwords, that's like flushing money down the drain. Paying for people to click on my site? Wtf??? I had signs on my truck, 10 complaints to each 2 legit calls, from everything to how dirty your truck is to how you merge, block an alley for 5 minutes and get the wrath of a soccer mom on a schedule so those had to go. Signs on the side of the road are illegal and distasteful and I gave those up 5 years ago. Twitter and Facebook, look, my customers are busy so why on Earth would they care about a post describing an antique typewriter we found in a basement? Kijiji is like a pack of hyenas tearing at a carcass, doesn't matter how low I quote somebody on there will beat it and Kijiji cheapskates will call 4 dozen companies to get the lowest price and they don't care if they get a cash only uninsured sketchy pickup truck. 3rd party management companies don't seem to care that we recycle, once again they want rock bottom prices to mark it up to their clients. You just can't win. Then you got 1-800 you know who at over 100$/load more than me and slow for them is only 3 trucks rolling all day. Just can't win. I know I vent and post a lot of stupid shit online and this post describes the source of maybe 90% of my overall frustration with life in general. This is it.

C_Dave45
03-14-2013, 09:05 AM
I had signs on my truck, 10 complaints to each 2 legit calls, from everything to how dirty your truck is to how you merge, block an alley for 5 minutes and get the wrath of a soccer mom on a schedule so those had to go.
Haha....I have to certainly watch the way I drive in my work van. I'm much more courteous and go through the car wash on a weekly basis. But overall it gives my "company" a little more professional look. Plus my caricature makes me look thinner!! :rofl:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/CalgaryDave/25034_10151145006511892_1479943070_n.jpg

ercchry
03-14-2013, 09:11 AM
first time i've seen it installed! looks good

A790
03-14-2013, 09:15 AM
^^ Yeah there's a lot of things I'm doing wrong. I apologize for the negativity it's just what I've experienced with advertising.

I tried Google adwords, that's like flushing money down the drain. Paying for people to click on my site? Wtf??? I had signs on my truck, 10 complaints to each 2 legit calls, from everything to how dirty your truck is to how you merge, block an alley for 5 minutes and get the wrath of a soccer mom on a schedule so those had to go. Signs on the side of the road are illegal and distasteful and I gave those up 5 years ago. Twitter and Facebook, look, my customers are busy so why on Earth would they care about a post describing an antique typewriter we found in a basement? Kijiji is like a pack of hyenas tearing at a carcass, doesn't matter how low I quote somebody on there will beat it and Kijiji cheapskates will call 4 dozen companies to get the lowest price and they don't care if they get a cash only uninsured sketchy pickup truck. 3rd party management companies don't seem to care that we recycle, once again they want rock bottom prices to mark it up to their clients. You just can't win. Then you got 1-800 you know who at over 100$/load more than me and slow for them is only 3 trucks rolling all day. Just can't win. I know I vent and post a lot of stupid shit online and this post describes the source of maybe 90% of my overall frustration with life in general. This is it.
I feel you. Advertising can be a full time job to figure out, and it's different for every business.

With respect to AdWords, I've never had an AdWords campaign that failed when I've taken the time to optimize it and target it properly. Google makes it very easy to advertise on AdWords but doesn't make it easy to optimize it to get the most value you can out of it.

With respect to twitter/facebook, I don't think you could be any more off base. It's not about "if they have time", it's about how you engage with them. People have time. They make time. Being there helps them find time for you, because you're there and you're available.

I agree completely about Kijiji.

The 1-800 guys have what you don't: advertising and branding.

Your frustrations are completely legitimate, but I also believe that they're solvable. The first step is identifying what your business needs are and who your customers are and what they want. After that you create an advertising campaign to suit.

Does that make sense?

ercchry
03-14-2013, 09:16 AM
also if you want to curb calls about your driving. dont post the number. just throw on your company name, then all the social media icons under it. that way the complains about your driving wont make it to your phone and an email is easy to ignore... and way more effort for soccer moms :rofl:

Seth1968
03-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Nice site HV.

I always ask my new customers how they found my business. That determines how I advertise.

I'm curious if you do that, and how much that site costs you.

FraserB
03-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Actually a nice site, the only thing I would change is maybe move the picture of the truck a bit becuase it is blocking three of the prices.

I think there would also be a market for bins that you can drop off and then pick up.

C_Dave45
03-14-2013, 09:46 AM
first time i've seen it installed! looks good
Yeah only took me two years. Haha. I'm sure you can spot my amateur-ish install job but I LOVE the vinyl. You and Brennan did a fantastic job.

Heavy; I like your site as well. Simple and easy to get all the info one needs.
That's my next project, a website. I had a domain for two years and just never got around to content. My son has a website and his name pops up on the first page of a google search. Before me!!!!! :whipped:

Once I get that I'll add more vinyl to include it as well.

rage2
03-14-2013, 10:08 AM
I tried Google adwords, that's like flushing money down the drain.
In your case, yes. Your domain name ranks you high in google searches for both calgary junk removal, and junk removal calgary. Google isn't your problem, adwords are completely unneccessary.

For the record, I've used Vince numerous times, totally professional, great work, and all around nice guy. I found you through google, our receptionist found you through google, so search engine isn't your problem. You're getting the most out of Google right now with your excellent choice in domain name.

edit - still can't believe how much shit he hauled...

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/rage2amg/d1fa146e.jpg

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/rage2amg/0271d222.jpg

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/rage2amg/d0f73276.jpg

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/rage2amg/e59650e2.jpg

heavyfuel
03-14-2013, 11:09 AM
The marketing guy that helped out with my web design, (my main web guy is a friend of a friend of 20 yrs btw) is busy for a while but looks like when he frees up a bit he'll be looking after my situation. Hopefully I can learn more and make this work better, I seem to always do really well in the summer and fall, but each year at this time it gets worse and worse. I'm hoping we can work out a strategy that will keep me doing minimum 4 jobs/day year round. Thanks for all the input/feedback guys.