PDA

View Full Version : The going boarding/skiing carpool thread!

Hi-Psi
11-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Hey guys,

I thought I would create a thread for those that want to carpool and go boarding/skiing together.

I have a lot of days free throughout the winter so I tend to go a lot during the week. Not a lot of my friends are free during the week so I figured why not make a post and see if other people are ever interested in going.

This thread could be for anyone and everyone to use to try and find people to go to the hills with, even if just for the car pool up and back.

Anyways, see if this gets any interest.

Jason

Hi-Psi
11-28-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm thinking about going tomorrow to Sunshine since they have a ton of powder and it's cheap day if you have a Sunshine Card.

If anyone is looking to go, let me know!

I'm an intermediate snowboarder, I stick to mostly blue runs as well as greens, not a huge fan of the black runs yet.

03ozwhip
11-28-2012, 05:44 PM
so, if you do this, would you charge for gas, or breakfast or lunch or pay for the banff pass etc or are you doing this out of your own free will? i guess this question is for anyone thinking about doing this...

Unknown303
11-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
so, if you do this, would you charge for gas, or breakfast or lunch or pay for the banff pass etc or are you doing this out of your own free will? i guess this question is for anyone thinking about doing this...

In general if you are carpooling you'd split the expenses. I'd say fuel / park pass split 50/50 isn't unreasonable.

Hi-Psi
11-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Well we usually split everything when I go with friends so I guess I would say that it's pretty reasonable to do that here as well.

I don't usually get a banff pass at all and just chance the ticket, never got one yet... That would be up to the group though I guess

max_boost
11-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Sounds good cause I really dislike boarding during the weekend. Too many people! Weekdays are awesome.

:clap:

7thgenvic
11-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Life would really be fantastic again if I could do the weekday gig on the hills! If we get some good Pow days in the next month I'll def be taking a flex day and I have a nice big Touareg if a few want to join :)

lilmira
11-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Cool, there will definitely be some days when I feel like skipping work. Splitting expense or buying the driver a nice lunch and beer, all good to me.

Also, if it works out, I can go get cheaper tix from Costco. They are not tied to any person like the discount cards.

JordanAndrew
11-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
Cool, there will definitely be some days when I feel like skipping work. Splitting expense or buying the driver a nice lunch and beer, all good to me.

Also, if it works out, I can go get cheaper tix from Costco. They are not tied to any person like the discount cards.

I haven't been in costco in a while, are those cheap lift tickets still/on sale right now? What places do they sell? Louise? Sunshine? How much are they? Is there a min # of purchases of lift tickets?

Sorry, I figured I might as well ask here.

I'm also totally down for carpooling when I go boarding. Sam(Max_boost) and myself already did that last season.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

I haven't been in costco in a while, are those cheap lift tickets still/on sale right now? What places do they sell? Louise? Sunshine? How much are they? Is there a min # of purchases of lift tickets?

I'm also totally down for carpooling when I go boarding. Sam(Max_boost) and myself already did that last season.

Did you pass me in a Black RSX on Sunday morning heading to the mountains lol?

lilmira
11-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

Haven been there lately. Usually they have tix for Louise, sunshine, kh....

I think it was 100 for two tix at kh, 120 for two at Louise, sunshine was a three pack or something, don't remember how much. Almost the same deal as the discount card but anyone can use them.

JordanAndrew
11-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Did you pass me in a Black RSX on Sunday morning heading to the mountains lol?

haha nope, I haven't gone to the mountains this season yet.

Originally posted by lilmira

Haven been there lately. Usually they have tix for Louise, sunshine, kh....

I think it was 100 for two tix at kh, 120 for two at Louise, sunshine was a three pack or something, don't remember how much. Almost the same deal as the discount card but anyone can use them.

Thanks for the info!

gqboy322
11-28-2012, 10:58 PM
costco sunshine tickets are 190 for 3. but if you planning to go around 7 times the card will save you few hundred bucks compare to the costco tickets.

last weekend at sunshine isnt that busy during all the run. and now goat eye's opened so you wont run into a lot of ppl on the hills.

i might head out this sunday to check out goat eye's :D

gqboy322
11-28-2012, 10:58 PM
costco sunshine tickets are 190 for 3. but if you planning to go around 7 times the card will save you few hundred bucks compare to the costco tickets.

last weekend at sunshine isnt that busy during all the run. and now goat eye's opened so you wont run into a lot of ppl on the hills.

i might head out this sunday to check out goat eye's :D

forgot to mention i saw a lot of ppl who didnt have the national park pass got tickets on their windshield for the pass 2 times i went. so good luck with no pass.

and the reason why they have that national park fee is because they will have more fund to keep the park safety and such. so DONT BE A CHEAP FUCK

Hi-Psi
12-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Thinking about going Monday and/or Tuesday if anyone is interested.

dubhead
12-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by gqboy322
forgot to mention i saw a lot of ppl who didnt have the national park pass got tickets on their windshield for the pass 2 times i went. so good luck with no pass.

Really I've rode Lake Louise hundreds of times and never got a ticket or heard of anybody getting one. They just set up their little check stop and make you buy a day pass hell they even have a debit machine with them.

03ozwhip
12-03-2012, 11:49 AM
i know you guys were saying this is during the week, but is anyone pooling this saturday?