PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Use 247calgarylocksmith.com!!!

nolan34
11-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Okay so today my girlfriend got locked out of our house :rolleyes: I wasn't home all day so she called the company '247calgarylocksmith.com' and explained she needed the door handle lock opened. No problem, $75 and we will be there in 15 to 30 mins. Dude shows up and says ohh thats a hard lock to pick so its gunna be $125 ( even tho he already quoted $75 but okay maybe this lock is different and will take extra time or tools) BUT then he says well maybe I could pry the door open. Uses some airbag and a pry bar, bam doors open. Immediately he says well its still gunna be 125 even tho he never had to pick the mentioned 'hard lock' Well at this point he's obviously ripping off a young blonde girl. Apparently he was super pushy and made her feel uncomfortable so she just gave him the money and quickly locked him out.

So she tells me all this when I get home and I call the company back and ask for a supervisor. This is the juicy part of the story. I explained my situation to which the so called 'supervisor starts freaking out (in not the greatest english) telling me that a quote doesn't actually mean when you have to pay. I said I don't think your actually the supervisor because you wouldn't be freaking out on a customer like this, can I please have your name? This is the response I got: you better watch what you say or your going to find out exactly who I am and what I can do (this dudes watched far too many North American gangster movies) then he proceeds to say he's connected to the Calgary police and hints that if I don't 'watch what I say ' the CPS are gunna eff me up. He then hung up on me .

Dude is a psycho!! My buddy did some researching about the company and it says license and boned LOL, then my buddy's sister works for the city of Calgary and looked it up surprise, no business license on record. Also the website it a branch of '247ontariolocksmith' which is actually licensed to a address in Israel!
Long story short don't deal with these guys!!

Ps I posted this in general car talk because they do vehicles too so just a heads up!!

tobypaddock
11-29-2012, 12:13 AM
license and bone? lol

nolan34
11-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Haha apparently my buddy found it wrote like that on the site somewhere super fishy so that's why he got his sister to look it up and of course no actual business license

roopi
11-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by nolan34
Haha apparently my buddy found it wrote like that on the site somewhere super fishy so that's why he got his sister to look it up and of course no actual business license

Sounds like you both had the same English teacher.

Maxx Mazda
11-29-2012, 01:50 AM
Can someone please explain to me what a "license and bone" is??

sxtasy
11-29-2012, 02:07 AM
A misspelling of licensed and bonded

bart
11-29-2012, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
Can someone please explain to me what a "license and bone" is??

he meant license to bone

like license to kill ;)

JRSC00LUDE
11-29-2012, 09:12 AM
I'd file a complaint with CPS for uttering threats.

Hallowed_point
11-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I'd file a complaint with CPS for uttering threats. :thumbsup: x2

Kloubek
11-29-2012, 09:51 AM
That'd be nearly impossible to prove and would do nothing but waste the OP's time.

FraserB
11-29-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm let the city know they are operating without a business license.

revelations
11-29-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure where the problem really is.

If the quote was raised from 75$ TO 125$ BEFORE work was started - which obvioiusly isnt the best situation - your GF shouldve said no thanks and called another company.

The fact of the matter is that your GF was able to enter the house. Its not like you were charged for something not done.

JRSC00LUDE
11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
That'd be nearly impossible to prove and would do nothing but waste the OP's time.

If a guy running an unlicensed locksmith company who, obviously has the ability to enter your home on a whim, is threatening you and your girlfriend/family's safety AND threatening to use the police to facilitate it, the police would likely be interested in knowing about it. I fail to see how that would be a waste of time and I doubt you would ignore it should you be the recipient. I don't know, perhaps you would.

Granted we all wouldn't necessarily go to the police as a first choice but, I can't imagine just blindly letting such a thing go unrequited.

:dunno:

Originally posted by revelations
I'm not sure where the problem really is.

If the quote was raised from 75$ TO 125$ BEFORE work was started - which obvioiusly isnt the best situation - your GF shouldve said no thanks and called another company.

The fact of the matter is that your GF was able to enter the house. Its not like you were charged for something not done.

The main problem is the threatening I think.....although I don't see anything wrong with questioning the upcharge. I use a couple of locksmith companies and get phone quotes routinely, they ALWAYS hold - even when they made a mistake in judgement, which does happen. If you aren't going to stand by it, don't quote it. It's a shit run business that operates any other way. Even if the upcharge is legitimate, it should be a simple friendly conversation that says "we had to do this and did not think to account for that...." and the problem is solved.

nolan34
11-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Yeah I'm not the best with spelling when trying to quick type on my iPhone. The issue is not I want the money it's the threats. And I did call CPS they were definitely interested they came to my house and got all the details and are looking into it

Disoblige
11-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Awesome! Let us know of any updates.

What a dick.

variance
11-29-2012, 01:43 PM
...and quickly locked him out.

but he's a lock smith....

HyperZell
11-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by variance

I lol'ed.

Kloubek
11-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Granted we all wouldn't necessarily go to the police as a first choice but, I can't imagine just blindly letting such a thing go unrequited.

I should rephrase... I'm saying that talking to the police isn't going to do anything in regards to helping them directly. Obviously the threats were just the owner being an idiot, but it isn't like if they call the cops the guy will give them an apology or a refund for the increase price of the work. I'm sure they would be interested in what the OP has to say, but at the end of the day there isn't much they can do about it. Business owner's word against his, no recording, etc.

Everbody handles things in their own way. Personally, If someone threatened me like that on the phone I'd be giving them a piece of my mind. If it was in person... well... let's not get into that...

JRSC00LUDE
11-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

I should rephrase... I'm saying that talking to the police isn't going to do anything in regards to helping them directly. Obviously the threats were just the owner being an idiot, but it isn't like if they call the cops the guy will give them an apology or a refund for the increase price of the work. I'm sure they would be interested in what the OP has to say, but at the end of the day there isn't much they can do about it. Business owner's word against his, no recording, etc.

Everbody handles things in their own way. Personally, If someone threatened me like that on the phone I'd be giving them a piece of my mind. If it was in person... well... let's not get into that...

We're on the same page hahaha :)

lilmira
11-29-2012, 03:41 PM
http://www.247calgarylocksmith.com/about-us/index.html

Wow, this website is gold! 77days a week!

95EG6P
11-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by variance

lol

Canucks3322
11-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks op, Ill know to stay away from them.

googe
11-30-2012, 02:10 AM
Not to blame the victim, but how did you see that website for more than a second and not think it was fishy?

nolan34
11-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by googe
Not to blame the victim, but how did you see that website for more than a second and not think it was fishy?

Well it was the girly, not my self. She figured it was decent Because it was one of the first locksmiths to pop up google.

clem24
11-30-2012, 05:18 PM
my girlfriend <yada yada yada> a young blonde girl.

Pretty sure this is relevant but please post pic if you want Beyond's further assistance. Thanks.

bourge73
11-30-2012, 05:20 PM
:thumbsup: Lol

nolan34
12-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Pretty sure this is relevant but please post pic if you want Beyond's further assistance. Thanks.

:rolleyes: man how did I know at least one beyonder would ask for pics :P

Maybelater
12-02-2012, 11:13 PM

:rolleyes: man how did I know at least one beyonder would ask for pics :P

make that two

JZS_147
12-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Looks like they're lincensed and boned.

http://www.247calgarylocksmith.com/about-us/index.html

M.alex
12-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Maybelater

make that two

Make that 3 and a half now

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww89/efnfast/erction.gif

meemoe
12-04-2012, 08:11 PM
"Got unexpected problems with your automobile the moment it they were expected least?"

LOL

:english: