PDA

View Full Version : I want weekly flyers in my mailbox, who do I contact in Calgary?

CanmoreOrLess
11-29-2012, 03:53 PM
In Calgary I currently get junk mail from the Canada Post, I also want the weekly flyers which are not delivered by Canada Post, they must come from a private company. All my neighbours get flyers and I have not been able to ambush the guy delivering them to ask to be included.

Any idea who to contact to be included?

CanmoreOrLess
11-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I have sent an email to this company, will know in a while if it is the right path:

http://www.flyerforce.ca/calgary/resident.php

blitz
11-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Flyer Force!

At least that's who takes care of it in our neighbourhood.

s_havinga
11-29-2012, 03:57 PM
flyer force, call them they will put you on their delivery list

TomcoPDR
11-29-2012, 03:58 PM
lol, is this opposite day... Most people don't look forward to junk mail.

I believe it's www.flyerfoce.ca but hopefully other Beyonders will have more expertise in the printed pulp mill logistical business than I.

4doorj
11-29-2012, 04:02 PM
I was wondering this too. For the first 5 years at my place I wasnt getting flyers. Then all of a sudden last month I started getting flyers. Maybe it was a good thing cause now it always makes me want to spend hahaha

JRSC00LUDE
11-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Just put a sign on your lawn:

HEY - FLYER GUY. I WANT SOME TOO PLEASE.

ColoDano
11-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Sort of odd, I thought they based it on if you get newspaper or not, since all of my neighbors get the flyers, and I don't, but I do get them in my newspaper the next day.

Boosted131
11-29-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't get enough useless crap in my mailbox, how dO I sign up for more? Said no one ever

schocker
11-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by ColoDano
Sort of odd, I thought they based it on if you get newspaper or not, since all of my neighbors get the flyers, and I don't, but I do get them in my newspaper the next day.
I believe they know if people get the paper or not and only deliver to the homes without. I wasn't getting them for a while because they thought I got the herald.

e31
11-29-2012, 06:08 PM
I have a rural mail box, and am used to getting the flyers 1 week later than the print date.

Usually this means that I have 1 or 2 days to go to the grocery store (or wherever) to get the sale price.

I've even gotten some expired flyers delivered.

C_Dave45
11-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Good God, I can't stand flyers. 10 years ago I liked 'em. But now I just go to any retailers website. Every thursday we get a community paper that is about 5 inches thick with every conceivable flyer known to man. It barely fits in the mailbox. I take it straight from the mailbox, right into the garbage can. Talk about a colossal waste!! Do we really need paper flyers anymore?

s_havinga
11-30-2012, 10:14 AM
You can also call flyer force and ask them to stop delivering to you...

Canmorite
11-30-2012, 12:10 PM
I thought the first sentence from the OP was going to be "Said no one ever. How do I get off their distribution list?"

Maxx Mazda
11-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Boosted131
I don't get enough useless crap in my mailbox, how dO I sign up for more? Said no one ever

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sputnik
11-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
Good God, I can't stand flyers. 10 years ago I liked 'em. But now I just go to any retailers website. Every thursday we get a community paper that is about 5 inches thick with every conceivable flyer known to man. It barely fits in the mailbox. I take it straight from the mailbox, right into the garbage can. Talk about a colossal waste!! Do we really need paper flyers anymore?

Have you considered a "No Flyers Please" sign on your mailbox?

Leave it there for a couple of weeks and the flyer carriers will skip your house.

kvg
11-30-2012, 01:20 PM
I got so many flyers last week that the bastard who delivered them had to bend the front of my mail box to fit them in :guns:

azian_advanced
11-30-2012, 01:58 PM
If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have known about FlyerForce.

I have been getting swamped with flyers every 4-5 days and have a bag full of them that end up in the recycling bin without ever reading through them. I just filled out their online form to stop any flyers being sent to me. We'll see how that goes.

NCS05
12-01-2012, 02:13 AM
I use to deliver flyers as a kid, I know I appreciate iit when people specifically put "no flyers" on the mailbox. It was one less flyer to carry and deliver in the snow. They get really heavy and big in the winter which was just too much for young me

TomcoPDR
12-01-2012, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Leave it there for a couple of weeks and the flyer carriers will skip your house.

Doesn't work... I have both No Solicting AND No junk mail.

Still get these flyers (which I'll read when I'm home), and I still get all kinda of religious organizations trying to convert me. :guns:

C_Dave45
12-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

As Tomco said, doesn't work.

When a business pays a flyer company money to distribute their flyers, they expect delivery and don't care what someone wrote on a sign. It's about as effective as registering your phone number with the National Do Not Call list...useless.

I just find it ironic that in this day and age of "green consciousness" and people and business pushing for "paperless" offices, etc that we are still pumping out hundreds of tons of paper every day that is pretty much thrown right back into the garbage or recycle bin.
With online shopping, smart phones that can receive e-flyers, and major shopping days (black Friday, cyber Monday, Boxing week) all being shopped online, I can't see these companies getting a return on their advertising dollars through wasteful paper flyers.