PDA

View Full Version : Bourbon

chibwack
11-29-2012, 05:11 PM
So I know there's a scotch thread, but I'm curious about a good bourbon. I'm writing CFA on Saturday and feel like rewarding myself with a good sipping bourbon, something a few notches up from the Jack I usually drink lol.
I keep coming across either Woodford Reserve or Knob Creek, and one website has a completely opposite opinion from the next. Anybody have any input on those two? Or alternatives? I'm completely new to top shelf whisky's but its something I've been wanting to get started on for a while, and bourbon will be my first tranche. I'm thinking up to ~$120 for the bottle.
Any thoughts on what liquor stores have staff with good input on this? I'm thinking I'll just stop by the Coop store tonight since that seems to be the most "mature" liquor store in beltline area..

ercchry
11-29-2012, 05:23 PM
i dont know much about bourbon, but the Liquor Depot on 17th actually has a great selection of scotch... not sure about the other whiskeys though since i didnt pay attention to it

JRSC00LUDE
11-29-2012, 05:40 PM
First off, don't call Jack Daniels Bourbon. Second, Makers Mark is a nice drink. :thumbsup:

chibwack
11-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
First off, don't call Jack Daniels Bourbon. Second, Makers Mark is a nice drink. :thumbsup:
Ahah sorry, "sour mash"

ExtraSlow
11-29-2012, 07:26 PM
I like me some bourbon. But I know fuck all about it. I just drink it.

Thomas Gabriel
11-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Haha be prepared to think you failed. Hard to stomach $120 bourbon after that.

GS430
11-30-2012, 10:27 AM
I like 'Labrot & Graham' Woodford Reserve, not terribly expensive either.

Nice bottle, corked, shows the batch/bottle number. Overall nice presentation which is a bonus.

brandon
11-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

:thumbsup:
Makers Mark for sure!

chibwack
11-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Thomas Gabriel
Haha be prepared to think you failed. Hard to stomach $120 bourbon after that.
I'm a little edgy about that lol. I grabbed some woodford in the end, so it was only $45 anyway, perfect for drowning my misery in :D