PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest parking options for downtown workers

Canucks3322
11-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Our bus route is being taken away due to the new LRT line out West...not sure if it's been done on beyond.ca but for you downtown workers, what are some cheap parking options downtown? Me and my gf are gonna split it so I want something the same price or a bit more than a bus pass, I only know a couple places but thought others may know more...here are the ones I know of:

1. One and a half blocks east of Harry Hayes, Brown's parking lot, it's a city lot where you pay $10 from 6am to 5pm...fills up before 7am

2. old Science World, $8 a day, park and walk to the free train line...never used them so don't know what time it fills up...I need to be at work by 7:30am usually...

:(

colinxx235
11-30-2012, 12:01 AM
where abouts downtown do you work?

got_mike33
11-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Where do you live? There will be shuttle buses running to the new LRT line, they won't leave you hanging...

Skyline_Addict
11-30-2012, 02:39 AM
Thanks for posting. I was just about to post a similar thread. I ran across this site via google: cheapparkingcalgary.com.... seems to be a bit outdated, so I'm not sure how legit it is.

I work at 7th and 7th SW and am looking for some reasonable monthly reserved parking. Need to be at work by 8:30. Don't mind a 5-10 minute walk to the office, as long as the majority of it can be in the +15, especially for winter.

Thanks

CapnCrunch
11-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
Our bus route is being taken away due to the new LRT line out West...not sure if it's been done on beyond.ca but for you downtown workers, what are some cheap parking options downtown? Me and my gf are gonna split it so I want something the same price or a bit more than a bus pass, I only know a couple places but thought others may know more...here are the ones I know of:

1. One and a half blocks east of Harry Hayes, Brown's parking lot, it's a city lot where you pay $10 from 6am to 5pm...fills up before 7am

2. old Science World, $8 a day, park and walk to the free train line...never used them so don't know what time it fills up...I need to be at work by 7:30am usually...

These are on opposite ends of downtown? Where are you working?

Neil4Speed
11-30-2012, 08:49 AM

This is a good option with the Train line right there, easy to get in and out as well. It fills up by around 7:20 or so, you should b efine.

FraserB
11-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
Thanks for posting. I was just about to post a similar thread. I ran across this site via google: cheapparkingcalgary.com.... seems to be a bit outdated, so I'm not sure how legit it is.

I work at 7th and 7th SW and am looking for some reasonable monthly reserved parking. Need to be at work by 8:30. Don't mind a 5-10 minute walk to the office, as long as the majority of it can be in the +15, especially for winter.

Thanks

I think there is a lot over on 8th (one block over from the train line) that is reserved, can't remember the name off the top of my head though.

BTW: If you wave out your window sometime, I'll probbaly see you. I'm over in the Hatch building.

colinxx235
11-30-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm surprised most guys would just switch over to LRT if you were already taking the bus.

But for anyone working around 7/7 area. I know recently the building on 8/8 to 8/9th st was selling heating parking stalls @ 240/month.

Quite a few guys here went and got them.

asif.hirji
11-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by colinxx235
I'm surprised most guys would just switch over to LRT if you were already taking the bus.

But for anyone working around 7/7 area. I know recently the building on 8/8 to 8/9th st was selling heating parking stalls @ 240/month.

Quite a few guys here went and got them.

Anyone have more details on this?

Canucks3322
11-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Impark has a few lots under $250, as does the city, its all on their site...just wondering if anyone knew any secret ones like the 1st one I posted...Im lucky I work by Chinayown so thats the only good I could do...otherwise some people do free sreet parking in bridgeland and qalk over...

Canucks3322
11-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

This is a good option with the Train line right there, easy to get in and out as well. It fills up by around 7:20 or so, you should b efine.

excellent!

J-D
11-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by got_mike33
Where do you live? There will be shuttle buses running to the new LRT line, they won't leave you hanging...

Probably adds time on to the commute as opposed to just taking the former bus route or driving. Plus, who wants to transfer between a bus and a train twice a day? Sounds awful.

jus_sum_guy
12-01-2012, 11:30 AM
IF anyone feels like parking in Crescent Heights for a small fee let me know :)

3 minute walk to center street bridge, 10 minute walk down the bridge and however many minutes to where you work.

OF course this may not be an option for the really cold days lol

:D

Strider
12-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Impark has a few lots under $250, as does the city, its all on their site...just wondering if anyone knew any secret ones like the 1st one I posted...Im lucky I work by Chinayown so thats the only good I could do...otherwise some people do free sreet parking in bridgeland and qalk over...

Kijiji.

If you're near Chinatown, you can try and rent a spot from someone in those condos on Riverfront.

In fact
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-storage-parking-DOWNTOWN-PARKING-AVAILABLE-FOR-RENT-W0QQAdIdZ436445888

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-storage-parking-Secured-heated-assigned-underground-downtown-parking-W0QQAdIdZ436054224

A bit more than $10/day, but both are heated underground and probably negotiable.

There's also this ad $100/month, "next to c-train", but details are kinda scarce
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-storage-parking-Walk-to-Downtown-Parking-Only-100-mth-Next-to-C-Train-W0QQAdIdZ425863403

Skyline_Addict
12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
all CPA monthly lots are currently full. If you call now, you'll be asked to go on a waiting list. be sure to pick 2-3 choices of lots so you have a higher chance of getting in.

FullFledgedYYC
12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

I work at 7th and 7th SW and am looking for some reasonable monthly reserved parking.

You work less than a block away from me? Let's meet up so I can kick your ass.