PDA

View Full Version : List of skilled trades (house reno)

pyro
12-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Just bought a house and looking to get a few things done/fixed up. Figured we could start a thread of people that you have used and done the job right. :thumbsup:

Name/Company:
Type of trade:
Description of work done:
Pictures:
Cost:
Review:

roopi
12-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Is there specific things you are looking to get done?

FraserB
12-02-2012, 11:43 PM
C_Dave for tile, he and his son do some impressive shit.:thumbsup:

pyro
12-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Looking for tile work, stone wall around fireplace, flooring (hardwood/carpet), baseboards.
I know a lot of this stuff I could do myself but I just don't have the time right now.

codetrap
12-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Name/Company: Codetrap's Home Reno's-R-Us

Type of trade: Design, demo, concrete, framing, electrical, drywall mud/tape, painting, sub-flooring, tiling, baseboards/trim, door replacement, general fixtures, limited plumbing (fixture repair/replacement)

Description of work done: Designed & built basement to better than code, fully inspected by professionals for quality before and after completion. Got asked a few times who I contracted to do the work by permit inspectors before they found out I did it all.

Pictures: Nah, don't feel like it..

Cost: Around 22k in total, and several bj's from the wife to help keep me motivated.

Review: It passed the wife's inspection, which ultimately is all that matters. Final words, "not to shabby for a computer geek".

Oh, sorry, not for hire. :P

Originally posted by pyro
Looking for tile work, stone wall around fireplace, flooring (hardwood/carpet), baseboards.
I know a lot of this stuff I could do myself but I just don't have the time right now. C_dave for tile. Seen his work, it's great. Maple Leaf Flooring for the carpet/hardwood, or possibly End-of-the-Roll.. they did my basement berber and did a good job.