valved by SLP for my application.

Hallowed_point
10-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
Think I saw you a while back up by chinook... Car sounded really nice man

Thanks..glad you liked it! :D

Hallowed_point
12-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Well, I wasn't so happy with how my headlight black out mod turned out. The lenses melted slightly when I took them apart and they were also fogging up bad. Also, I didn't paint everything that I should have by mistake..

So, off to flea bay I went and ordered these bad boys. Just got them today and I'm REALLY impressed by the quality. Stock 98-02 Camaro headlights with black out housing :devil:

Also, coming Spring 2014 I have an Eibach pro kit to install. Less 4x4 for 2014.

Twenty
12-06-2013, 10:10 PM
:clap:

Offroad
12-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Man your just determined to make our rides not twins anymore :rofl:

StreetRacerX
12-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Any pics of them installed?

What company on ebay did you get your headlights from? Carid?

I've been thinking of doing the same thing for the Jeep.

Hallowed_point
12-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Installing them today, will update later. They are DEPO headlights. Yeah, some black headlights would look killer on your Jeep.

Hallowed_point
12-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Offroad

They are more like brother's now, one is the goody-good & one is the hell raiser!

never
12-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Also, coming Spring 2013 I have an Eibach pro kit to install. Less 4x4 for 2014.

Yes...finally!! ;)

Hallowed_point
12-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by no|uno

Yes...finally!! ;)

At which point it will look like so:

btimbit
12-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Car's going to look great with the new springs and headlights, can't wait to see it

Are you not at 100 000km yet? Start modding!

Or drop the LS1 into the Cavalier:burnout: :burnout:

never
12-07-2013, 07:47 PM

At which point it will look like so:

Yeah, perfect...most North American cars have too much wheel gap in stock form.

bourge73
12-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Buy a jeep for the winter and park that slut
Already lol

Hallowed_point
12-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by bourge73
Buy a jeep for the winter and park that slut
Already lol

Next winter I'm getting a cavalier/sunflower/neon so that I can swap the 16" winters I already have on the car..once she's lowered no more winter driving for her ;)

Hallowed_point
12-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by btimbit
Car's going to look great with the new springs and headlights, can't wait to see it

Are you not at 100 000km yet? Start modding!

Or drop the LS1 into the Cavalier:burnout: :burnout:

Now there's an idea!

Hallowed_point
12-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by no|uno

Yeah, perfect...most North American cars have too much wheel gap in stock form.

That and I don't think people cared as much about wheel gap in the 1990's

Hallowed_point
12-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Car's going to look great with the new headlights, can't wait to see it

Snow pic with the black housing depo headlights.

Hallowed_point
12-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Christmas came early for Hallowed Point this year..Pete (Bastardchild - unban! ) ordered me a pro kit. This will give me a 1.2" drop front and rear. I'm eagerly awaiting the handling/stance difference with my SLP bilstein's that are already installed. :devil:

Hallowed_point
12-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Ordered a POTZ LS1/LS6 ported throttle body off ebay. Reviews on LS1tech were overwhelmingly positive. Some members claimed that they felt more of a gain with the ported tb over an aftermarket air lid (long thought to be the best bang for your $ mod in the LS world)

The claim is faster throttle response and better WOT performance..+5-7 rwhp.

POTZ on the left, stocker on the right.

StreetRacerX
12-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Good progress man!

Hallowed_point
12-31-2013, 09:12 AM
^^Thanks..just chipping away at it. It would be pretty cool to hit 400 rwhp on bolt on's. :devil:

Gman.45
01-01-2014, 04:00 PM
I just found this thread today, great stuff.

I sold my 95 Stealth Turbo AWD in 1998 to buy a Firebird WS6 Ram Air. It was by far my favorite car through the 90's, as I had a lot of highway driving to do for work, both to Vancouver and also out west to SK. Even stock, it was a great car, especially back then, but I can only imagine how much better it would have been with some of the mods you've done.

Nothing like revving in the mid 1000's in 6th gear doing 115 km/h just cruising on the highway with that V8 barely working. The 1st to 4th lockout was gay, I'll say that, but there was nothing else wrong with that car, it was a blast, and my insurance back in the late 90's for it would make most people cry now compared to what we have to pay for a grocery getter.

I've always wanted another one, a Camaro SS though this time, similar to yours. I'll be following this thread in the spring to see what else you've done.

Hallowed_point
01-01-2014, 05:33 PM
^^My original plan was to get a WS6/Firebird or Trans Am. At the time (and still) people wanted INSANE money for one around here. I paid $9900.00 for the Z/28 bone stock with 2 owners (basically one as the second owner never drove it and it sat in his garage for the year or so he had it.) And that price was including the long tube headers & LS6 intake (uninstalled.)

For the price I paid, I would've had to settle for an LT1 Firebird which is a downgrade in every dept except for the more old school sound. People seem to think Firebirds and the like are worth close to $20,000 which is a heck of a premium for a different body kit! Don't get me wrong, I love them but I wasn't willing to spend 10 K more!

The 10 bolt is the limiting factor with the 6 speed for sure. I don't plan on spending $3000 + on an S60 or 12 bolt so I'll be sticking with it for the foreseeable future. So this means no sticky tires or serious power mods.

The Camaro SS is wicked with the spoiler and ram air hood as well as factory 17's.

Thanks for following! The plan is to keep it as a fun daily driver that is reliable enough for trips back to Vancouver in the summer but fast and agile enough to smoke a few turbo imports and tear up a road course :burnout: I don't plan on turning it into a 10 second drag car.

relyt92
01-01-2014, 08:53 PM
^^My original plan was to get a WS6/Firebird or Trans Am. At the time (and still) people wanted INSANE money for one around here. I paid $9900.00 for the Z/28 bone stock with 2 owners (basically one as the second owner never drove it and it sat in his garage for the year or so he had it.) And that price was including the long tube headers & LS6 intake (uninstalled.)

For the price I paid, I would've had to settle for an LT1 Firebird which is a downgrade in every dept except for the more old school sound. People seem to think Firebirds and the like are worth close to $20,000 which is a heck of a premium for a different body kit! Don't get me wrong, I love them but I wasn't willing to spend 10 K more!

The 10 bolt is the limiting factor with the 6 speed for sure. I don't plan on spending $3000 + on an S60 or 12 bolt so I'll be sticking with it for the foreseeable future. So this means no sticky tires or serious power mods.

The Camaro SS is wicked with the spoiler and ram air hood as well as factory 17's.

Thanks for following! The plan is to keep it as a fun daily driver that is reliable enough for trips back to Vancouver in the summer but fast and agile enough to smoke a few turbo imports and tear up a road course :burnout: I don't plan on turning it into a 10 second drag car. I was actually looking at the WS6 recently as I'm toying with the idea of picking up a summer car, was amazed at the prices people are still asking for those.

Hallowed_point
01-01-2014, 09:21 PM
It's nuts how much people want. Ok, sure pontiac has ceased to be...but they should not be going for that much imo. 4 WS6's on kijiji alberta right now for 20 K + :eek:

MalibuStacy
01-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Right now people are just trying to bank in on the whole Pontiac thing. Gotta remember, there's a sucker born every minute haha

spikerS
01-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by MalibuStacy
Right now people are just trying to bank in on the whole Pontiac thing. Gotta remember, there's a sucker born every minute haha

yup, it is amazing how many people will part with their cash though for stupid reasons.

Hallowed_point
01-02-2014, 01:00 PM
^^I'm not sure though as I think all of those WS6's have been posted since the summer at least :dunno: You'd be crazy to pay that kind of money for one imo. Get a 1000 mile one off ebay for less if you really need one is my advice.

**Could mods change my thread title to "1998 Camaro Z/28 build" please? :)

Gman.45
01-15-2014, 03:55 AM
I agree with the above. As much as I would love another Ws6, for the money people are asking I'll buy a 2010 Camaro 2SS thank you very much for another few thousand. That, or like somebody said already, import an American 98-2002 Camaro SS for 10k ish, of which I've seen many decent low mileage ones over the years.

Great thread, great car. It makes me wish I hadn't gotten married, and talked into selling mine for a house down payment, which she took most of in a divorce later, HAH! That old WS6 sound was better than anything, I remember friends of my x's borrowing it once, and bringing it home, saying screw the house, I'd just sleep in the back seat, as that sound was perfect considering exhaust tech of the time back then.

Hallowed_point
01-15-2014, 09:25 AM
^Yes but the thing is that the 5th gen Camaro's are also a dime a dozen especially in Alberta. WS6 has probably the most aggressive & distinctive muscle car styling in the last 20 years. How about a WS6 with an LS3? ;) I do agree with you though that people are asking WAYYY too much.

Thanks man. This is the first car that I've had for over 2 years that I'm not bored of/regret buying.

Offroad
01-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Hmmm who was it again that swayed you too a LS car ?....hmmmm :devil:

Hallowed_point
01-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Hmmm who was it again that swayed you too a LS car ?....hmmmm :devil:

Well I believe that would be you!

btimbit
01-15-2014, 10:10 PM
^He's still working on convincing me to get one too

Hallowed_point
01-15-2014, 10:39 PM
^He's still working on convincing me to get one too

Get your GTO already!! LS2 :love:

Hallowed_point
01-20-2014, 09:39 AM
*An update on the POTZ ebay ported throttle body. Wow. For $75.00 + core deposit I'd say that's the best money I've spent on my build to date. Power delivery is super linear and there is zero delay off the line. The engine revs much more freely.

And although it's rated at 5-7 rwhp generally, it feels like 10 +. The throttle body was the last restriction in my induction so I'm thinking that's why it feels like such a difference!

Tallied up all my purchases, and excluding standard car care maintenance, I've spent sub $2500 on all of my performance parts..not too bad! :burnout:

Hallowed_point
01-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
pop can egr block is great! I learned that at SAIT haha

:drool: mmm Canada dry..

Offroad
01-24-2014, 03:13 PM

Good thing we didn't use a beer can and you get nailed for impaired :D

Hallowed_point
01-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Good thing we didn't use a beer can and you get nailed for impaired :D

Haha, this is what happens when you drive a camaro through forest lawn..you get pulled over!! ;)

Offroad
01-24-2014, 03:48 PM
No that's on the way to the registry office because they think you stole it :P

mikestypes
01-24-2014, 04:09 PM
Does the Potz TB increase the diameter of the throttle blade from, or is it just a good cleanup of the casting, blade and shaft?

Also, i've got some spare AIR block off plates it you need them, free. I had a buddy cut me some for my car and he went ahead and made 6.

Hallowed_point
01-24-2014, 04:30 PM
No that's on the way to the registry office because they think you stole it :P

LOL..didn't that happen to you? ;)

Hallowed_point
01-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by mikestypes
Does the Potz TB increase the diameter of the throttle blade from, or is it just a good cleanup of the casting, blade and shaft?

Also, i've got some spare AIR block off plates it you need them, free. I had a buddy cut me some for my car and he went ahead and made 6.

Yes, it increases the diameter by about 3 mm give or
take. Like I say, if you're still running the stock tb I highly,
highly recommend you check out a potz tb.

You can only go so big with throttle bodies on the LS6 intake as the inlet in only so big. FAST 102 would be a different story but cha ching!

Great bang for your buck mod. His attention to detail is outstanding. Even came with new stainless hardware!

Oh do you?? Awesome man. I'll totally take a couple! Did you happen to have an EGR block off too? :thumbsup:

mikestypes
01-24-2014, 04:44 PM
No EGR on my 01.

Pm me and I will check for the plates tonight.

Hallowed_point
01-26-2014, 07:19 PM
A little death proof for the Z.

94boosted
02-04-2014, 10:42 AM

Is that a Norris Motorsports Catch Can? If so how do you like it?

Hallowed_point
02-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 94boosted
Is that a Norris Motorsports Catch Can? If so how do you like it?

Yes it sure is! Good eye. I'm extremely happy with it.
It does a very job of capturing the oil mist from my PCV.
I took 2 ounces out the other day actually. I installed it
before I installed the LS6 intake, and when I installed
the ported tb, the intake was still bone dry :thumbsup:

94boosted
02-04-2014, 12:22 PM

Yes it sure is! Good eye. I'm extremely happy with it.
It does a very job of capturing the oil mist from my PCV.
I took 2 ounces out the other day actually. I installed it
before I installed the LS6 intake, and when I installed
the ported tb, the intake was still bone dry :thumbsup:

I'm glad to hear that you like it, I just bought one :D (haven't installed it yet) I had a cheap-o catch can (basically an air/water separator) on my LS3 and after doing a bunch of research it turns out those things are junk as they don't "catch" nearly as many oil vapors as they should.

Does yours have the steel mesh inside of it?

Hallowed_point
02-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
I'm glad to hear that you like it, I just bought one :D (haven't installed it yet) I had a cheap-o catch can (basically an air/water separator) on my LS3 and after doing a bunch of research it turns out those things are junk as they don't "catch" nearly as many oil vapors as they should.

Does yours have the steel mesh inside of it?

I had my doubts about the catch can as the(expensive one too!) that I had on my SRT4 didn't catch shit..you could drink out of it even after 6 months.

The key part is the filtering media/machined piece with holes in it. My SRT4 can didn't have that and the Mike Norris does. Without that stuff, there is no way for the oil to condense and drip into the bottom instead of being sucked into the throttle body. I'm convinced of it now. The Mike Norris started catching vapor within the first 100 kms easily.

amear
02-04-2014, 11:46 PM
Not sure if already answered, what are your power goals for this summer?

Hallowed_point
02-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by amear
Not sure if already answered, what are your power goals for this summer?

Depends..I'm trying to pay off all my debt this year so unless I find ridiculously good deals there won't be any new major power mods.

I need a retune on Toma's dyno though for sure. I made 304.6 rwhp & 322.1 rwtq but have since added the LS6 intake manifold, ported throttle body and the catch can as I was getting detonation on the rollers last time. I'd hope to be sitting at 320 rwhp/340 rwtq on the dyno dynamics come Spring.

I have my Eibach pro kit 1.2" lowering springs to install, but in order to not compromise traction I need to also order an adjustable pan hard bar as well as control arm relocation brackets :banghead:

After that I want to do some Sam Strano hollow sway bars (front & rear.)

Honestly, I've never been disappointed in the power but the stance needs some work and I'd like to tighten up the handling even more :burnout:

I'm no longer interested in making another camaro drag car. This will be a weekend warrior road course car.

Hallowed_point
02-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Not sure if any of you folks have used Blackstone Labs
or the like for an oil report but I thought it would be a
good idea with 144XXX km's on the clock.

Excuse my crap quality picture but they stated
that the engine is wearing very good and that
the metals are nice and low compared to universal
averages across the board.

I was especially happy to see "Silicon" @ 5 PPM compared to 10 PPM as stated in the universal averages. With all the talk about K&N filters and aftermarket intakes sucking in more grit I was a little worried. Especially with how dry & dusty it is here.

Looks like I can stop doing 4xxx km/4 month oil change intervals...I'm going to bump it up to 7xxx km/6 months now that I have the blood test back! :D

Hallowed_point
02-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Deleted my EGR today..block off plate installed.
It is much heavier than I expected..probably 5
lbs!

Also ordered a lakewood drive shaft loop as I've
been running without one since I installed my
y-pipe due to clearance issues. Good for peace
of mind if nothing else. The stock steel drive
shaft is strong, but if the u joint fails; I'd rather
not have the drive shaft poking though my floor
boards.

btimbit
02-17-2014, 06:33 PM
EGR delete:clap:

Hallowed_point
02-17-2014, 07:17 PM
EGR delete:clap:

Yeah figured it was time. EGR has been blocked since
I installed the headers almost 2 years ago :rofl: I figured
it was largely pointless as it was eliminated on the 01-02
models. Plus it cleaned up the engine bay nicely.

Only thing that sucks is now my check engine light
comes on immediately as opposed to every day or two.
Oh well, that's why I keep a code reader in my console
and electrical tape over the light lol.

Next, I'll remove the AIR injection system to free up 15 lbs off the front end (air pump is really heavy!) Always good to free up weight.

btimbit
02-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Any way to easily get rid of that with a tune so it doesn't throw a light? I did that with my VW when I removed the EGR and SAI.

Hallowed_point
02-18-2014, 09:14 AM
Any way to easily get rid of that with a tune so it doesn't throw a light? I did that with my VW when I removed the EGR and SAI.

Nope..the egr tables have to be zeroed etc. I'll ask
Toma to remove it the next time I'm on the dyno.
I'd like a retune anyways to see what gains my
LS6 intake and ported tb made.

btimbit
02-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Nice. All that should be good for a solid 10-15hp/15-20tq gain:burnout:

Offroad
02-18-2014, 07:40 PM
You better get on that comp cams trunion upgrade soon speedy :devil:

idmRmQUHSd4

Hallowed_point
02-19-2014, 02:06 PM
You better get on that comp cams trunion upgrade soon speedy :devil:

idmRmQUHSd4

Screw that..unless they have stepped up the quality big time. Sounds like people have had issues with snap rings breaking off em :eek: What's wrong with the stockers?

Offroad
02-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Stockers fail and needle bearings find their way thru you blocks oiling system :bigpimp:

btimbit
02-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Screw you guys, I've spent the last 40 minutes looking at Camaros now

Hallowed_point
02-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Stockers fail and needle bearings find their way thru you blocks oiling system :bigpimp:

Sounds like you're kind of damned if you do, damned
if you don't!

Hallowed_point
02-20-2014, 10:19 AM

That's OK..just any color besides red. Or, get a firebird! :D

Offroad
02-20-2014, 03:05 PM

Good my nagging was effective plus going for a ride in mine yesterday maybe helped :devil:

btimbit
02-21-2014, 12:47 AM

That's OK..just any color besides red. Or, get a firebird! :D

Red's been my go to colour but I guess both of you beat me too it. Might be a little weird if we all have the same colour:p

That's what I was thinking. Do a Trans Am or a GTO to keep it a bit different than you guys.

Hallowed_point
02-21-2014, 11:24 AM

Red's been my go to colour but I guess both of you beat me too it. Might be a little weird if we all have the same colour:p

That's what I was thinking. Do a Trans Am or a GTO to keep it a bit different than you guys.

Yeah, do a different colour lol. Test drive a couple
and see what you think. I'll bet you end up buying
one haha. :hitit:

Hallowed_point
02-23-2014, 06:15 AM
Lakewood drive shaft loop installed. 1/4 zinc plated
steel. An insurance policy for when she get's cammed.

Hallowed_point
04-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Minor update. I removed the UMI tubular rear lower control arms with poly bushings and replaced them with the stock stamped lca's with rubber bushings.

My rear suspension was locking up badly on anything besides perfectly smooth roadway. I did some more research on ls1tech.com and the general consensus is that poly/poly = bad news with rear lca's. The control arm must be able to twist/articulate for anything besides 1/4 mile runs. With the poly bushings, I was getting snap over-steer and an ox cart ride quality.

One thing I've learned for sure on this build is that you really have to weigh the pro's and con's of aftermarket parts. Don't just buy into the hype from the manufacturer. They rarely mention the down sides compared to the stock parts.
:thumbsup:

Forest Lawn hotrod stance FTW:

mikestypes
04-13-2014, 12:16 PM
One thing I've learned for sure on this build is that you really have to weigh the pro's and con's of aftermarket parts. Don't just buy into the hype from the manufacturer. They rarely mention the down sides compared to the stock parts.

This is SO true. Almost every aftermarket part I have ever used barely met the hype.

I do have LCAs with poly on one end and roto-joints on the axle end which are decent. The roto joints get full of road shit though and require yearly maintenance to keep them operating as they should.

Hallowed_point
04-13-2014, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by mikestypes
This is SO true. Almost every aftermarket part I have ever used barely met the hype.

I do have LCAs with poly on one end and roto-joints on the axle end which are decent. The roto joints get full of road shit though and require yearly maintenance to keep them operating as they should.

Yeah, with the roto joints I could see them being much better. But as you say, it's another annoying maintenance item to deal with. After reading "All Corvettes Are Red" it really made me realize in how much goes into the original parts in terms of testing under a variety of conditions. Sure cost plays a roll, but a lot of times there are good reasons to leave well enough alone.

Hallowed_point
04-14-2016, 10:15 AM
In an attempt to make this project more popular/powerful, I have decided to abandon the archaic push-rod 2V V8 LS1 currently installed.

I will instead be going with a Honda K20 A swap.

Stay tuned.

Ironic! Back from the dead. Ended up with a K20Z3. New owner of my Z28 has put heads and cam and slicks on it. Must be nice to live at home and have an unlimited budget haha. The 10 bolt and Borg Warner t56 are still doing great in his car. Likely making north of 400 Rwhp now.

I like that the owner has kept my custom made Berger panel.

corsvette
04-14-2016, 04:41 PM
Lol, I had to look up "berger panel" never heard of that before. Learned something new today.

carson blocks
04-14-2016, 07:40 PM
You're doing things backwards to most, hallowed. I've known more guys who do it the other way, starting with a 4 banger import, maybe trying an entry level v8 like the SN95 mustang, then liking it and moving to the LS platform. You started with the big boy car and are working your way down lol

By my calculations, your next two vehicle changes should be to a Civic, then a bus pass. :rofl:

Hallowed_point
04-14-2016, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by carson blocks
You're doing things backwards to most, hallowed. I've known more guys who do it the other way, starting with a 4 banger import, maybe trying an entry level v8 like the SN95 mustang, then liking it and moving to the LS platform. You started with the big boy car and are working your way down lol

By my calculations, your next two vehicle changes should be to a Civic, then a bus pass. :rofl: Ha! Well I certainly am a random sort of a guy. Unconventional for sure. Priority right now is on paying off a condo, so a 20 year old domestic doesn't make the best daily driver here in Calgary. I drove that thing 365 days/year.

After owning an 04 Neon SRT4, I never considered the possibility of owning another fwd 4 cyl. Nevermind a non turbo 4 cyl. Nevermind a Honda!!

But honestly, I miss that LS torque somedays. However, the 8th gen Si is an absolute riot to drive hard in this city. I probably drive faster and more aggressive in the civic as it's just like a hyper kid on pixie sticks..8000+ rpms will do that. I like to try different things. It was a random test drive that wasn't meant to be anything except confirm my hatred of Hondas. As soon as I floored it around the corner in the Si I knew I was buying it from T&T lol

I love my Honda :love:

Hallowed_point
04-15-2016, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by corsvette
Lol, I had to look up "berger panel" never heard of that before. Learned something new today. Cool! Yeah, that was probably my favorite cosmetic change.

btimbit
04-15-2016, 09:48 AM
Yeah stuff like that looks great. Adds some definition. Especially the Red/Black combo

Hallowed_point
04-15-2016, 09:55 AM
Yeah stuff like that looks great. Adds some definition. Especially the Red/Black combo Totally agree. I got nothing but positive feedback even from people who thought it was an ugly catfish.

btimbit
04-15-2016, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by carson blocks

By my calculations, your next two vehicle changes should be to a Civic, then a bus pass. :rofl:

Think he borrowed a Cavalier for a few weeks somewhere in there too:rofl: ;)

Hallowed_point
04-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Think he borrowed a Cavalier for a few weeks somewhere in there too:rofl: ;) Oh god, while I was very grateful to Offroad that car attracted WAY too much attention with the dual magnaflows!

The thing is, the civic is much more advanced. Side airbags, VSA, better ride quality, better fuel economy, cheap to maintain (read: gas and oil) etc etc. So I don't look at it as a downgrade at all. Except for straight line speed and torque. So I don't feel it was a step backwards as they're apples to pineapples.

btimbit
04-15-2016, 11:07 AM
Wasn't making fun, I had two of them:poosie:

I hear you. There's definitely something to be said about a car that just works. You know it'll get you there, and it'll do it cheaply and comfortably. There's certainly an enjoyment in that. If it also happens to drive well and isn't stale like a Corolla, then even better

Hallowed_point
04-15-2016, 11:20 AM
Wasn't making fun, I had two of them:poosie:

I hear you. There's definitely something to be said about a car that just works. You know it'll get you there, and it'll do it cheaply and comfortably. There's certainly an enjoyment in that. If it also happens to drive well and isn't stale like a Corolla, then even better

Haha..oops :D

Totally! It's a legit "sporty coupe." It's unassuming in appearance other than the little badge, spoiler, 17" wheels and lame VTEC stickers. In comparo to say...Cobalt SS. It's one of those cars that you really need to drive to understand the fanboyism.

Hallowed_point
12-22-2017, 12:04 PM

Update for 2017.

Darkane
12-22-2017, 12:31 PM
Nice!

Time for an LSX454 swap!!

HiTempguy1
12-22-2017, 12:33 PM
Very nice, I am so jealous.

That car, with no t-tops is my dream!

Hallowed_point
12-22-2017, 12:38 PM
Nice!

Time for an LSX454 swap!!

Keeping my Accord 6-6 as my daily. Thanks bro..yeah if I blow up the LT1 I'll certainly consider that if I have the budget!

carson blocks
12-22-2017, 12:38 PM
Nice, back to a ride with some testosterone. Just curious, why did you choose a LT1 car over a LS1 car?

Hallowed_point
12-22-2017, 12:43 PM
Very nice, I am so jealous.

That car, with no t-tops is my dream!

Same here, but with t tops haha. These cars are basically t tops from the factory so there's no loss in stiffness really like with a vert.
Saw 25 people watching on ebay, said f it, yolo and clicked buy it now. Supposedly, the 0-60 is 4.9 seconds ish stock. I'll put that to the
test. sub 5 seconds is nutty for a 20 year old car. You'd like the spec too. Bilstein level 2 suspension, oil cooler. She's track ready. Might need
brake pads, rotors and fluid if they're not so good.

This is my dream high school car. And good luck finding a clean one locally that isn't 20 K +

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, back to a ride with some testosterone. Just curious, why did you choose a LT1 car over a LS1 car?

I think the LT1 SS subjectively looks much meaner. I prefer the pre 98 Borg Warner T56 as it's known to be stronger. It's OBD2 which was important
compared to older LT f bodies. I love the way the classic 350 sounds at idle particularly with a nice cam. My LS kinda sounded quiet and speedboatish.
Sure, the LS is better in almost everyway from fuel economy to modability. But this is just a clean summer car. It's not gonna see any radical changes.
I like the spec as is from SLP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOVBmj4NTYE&feature=youtu.be

Maxx Mazda
12-22-2017, 04:50 PM
One of the best looking cars I can remember from my childhood for sure.

Hallowed_point
12-22-2017, 05:00 PM
One of the best looking cars I can remember from my childhood for sure.

Thank you..it's kind of a dream come true. I remember seeing these when I was in my early teens and lusting after them.

never
12-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Looks clean! When you get it, is someone going to drive the 6-6 so both cars can go head’s up?

Hallowed_point
12-22-2017, 09:42 PM
^haha. Nah, I think the 6-6 will be retired from racing duty once I make the trip to Texas to grab the SS. It’s basically undefeated. I’d like that record to stand !

btimbit
12-22-2017, 10:18 PM
Beautiful. Well done!

Hallowed_point
12-22-2017, 10:47 PM
^ Thanks. I miss v8 rumble and a notchy T-56.

Gman.45
12-24-2017, 02:33 AM
Great car and thread, salute.

I owned a 97 Ram Air Firebird WS6, a 98 of the same (with the LS1 instead of the LT1 obviously), and lastly a 2002 Camaro SS - this after going through my RX7, 300zx, and Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo phase, having each of them new or close to it. I really fell in love with the 6 speed and the torque of that LT1 and LS1. People wouldn't believe me that I'd get close to 30mpg on the highway, and be at 1500ish RPM at 110km/h with no wind. Such a great car for back then, hard to believe those stock 17" look small now with the 275s all around...heh. The exhaust sound was unbeatable back then, even by today's standards it sounds pretty great IMO.

Love what you've done with your project, I'd love to do something similar someday, find a good solid Firebird or Camaro from 98 to 2002 and work it up similarly. That, or perhaps a 2010 SS and do a bit of this and that with it, maybe shoot for 450 to 500 whp, nothing crazy. I still haven't even sat in a 2010-20xx Camaro much less driven one though...

Hallowed_point
12-24-2017, 07:14 PM
^Thanks man. Yep, I have a real soft spot for 4th Gen Camaros & Firebirds. Still love a black LT1 WS6 or Firebird Firehawk !! They are downright economical on the highway. Gas sippers. Guess I’m going backwards a bit going from LS1 to LT1 but I love the LT1 rumble and insta torque to get moving. The main reason I sold my 98 is because it was daily driven for 3 years as I didn’t have a second car. They make great summer cars, a little extreme for a daily.80864

Hallowed_point
12-27-2017, 09:51 AM
Current pic of my old 98 Z28. New owner sold the 6 speed to a local drifter, blew up the 10 bolt and turned it into an automatic drag car.

Maxx Mazda
12-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Pic no worky...

relyt92
12-28-2017, 08:36 PM
Pic no worky...

Works for me. Right click and open in new tab maybe.