PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ordered car parts off yahoo Japan auctions?

loweg
12-04-2012, 07:08 PM
I am Looking to order some car parts from
Japan auctions for my honda beat.

Just curious if anyone has been through this, and what company they used to place bids. I'm
Thinking of trying Noppin as many others say they don't like doing auto parts.

Markll7
12-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Best to try finding a friend who's teaching out there - most proxy services charge up the wazoo for fees (talking from experience).

azian_advanced
12-05-2012, 09:03 AM
i dealt with david from GoodsFromJapan.com when I ordered a front lip for my 1995 Celica. He charged $50 for his services, and I paid the shipping from the Yahoo Auction seller to him, and the shipping from him to me. He even cut it in half for me to save on the shipping costs.

tomt64
12-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Rhdjapan has their own auction site to deal with yahoo japan auctions.
bidjdm.com
The best thing is if the seller in Japan does not want to ship internationally, they ship to rhdjapan, which then gets shipped to you.

Got a HKS manifold last year and had no problems, shipping was fast and I was regularly updated on where the item was.

loweg
01-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Hey guys,

So I thought I would go ahead and post an update for this thread. I ordered a ton of stuff for the beat in the past two months. I chose to use noppin.com

They were not the cheapest, but not out to lunch on their pricing. The main thing I liked about their services is they allow you to store stuff at their facility for 60 days so you can put things together for shipping and save money.

For my first shipment I got a full lip kit for my car, front, sides, rear lip. A couple odds and ends interior pieces, a couple shift knobs, and a few other small things. Lip kit cost about 235 Canadian, spoiler was 170.

Freight for the whole thing was 400 bucks shipped FedEx to my door. I paid only 40 some odd dollars in brokerage and duties .

Overall their surcharges for the stuff you purchase is about 12.5 %. Plus a few smaller fees on every purchase like a 3 dollar bank transfer fee on evey item purchased.

For the money saved I was happy to pay these fees.

I had inquired about hitherto same lip kit from a company in the USA. I believe autistyleusa.com or something and was quoted 2861.xx to the door .

A couple of other notes that I would like to make about the company.

To start off with their auctions, you have to PayPal them some money, I was super sceptical in doing so as I've never done anything like this. It's your choice how much. You have to. Give them a sort of retainer so to speak. You can only bid on products that are 3 times your retainer. So if you give them 100 you can Bid on 300 worth of products at any time. You can use she retainer to pay for products, orit can be refunded at any time with a small fee. All contact is in English, great English actually, it is prompt, and done on their message board where you can easily attach pics etc.

You can also search their site in English which is automatically setup to translate the auctions into English. It's not perfect but its good.

Shipping was quick. Package left Japan on December 21, and was delivered by a little FedEx elf on Christmas Eve. Also, the package looked like fed ex trucks had used it as a soccer ball but everything was super well packed. Bubble wrapped, plastic bagged, then strapped into the case so nothing was floating around.

The company is very professional and I will continue dealing with the without question.

I'll update again, ordering some cf48's in the next couple of days.

Sentry
01-07-2013, 01:06 AM
CF48's on a Beat!! You're out Honda-ing anyone else on this site.

realazy
01-31-2017, 10:31 AM
Bumping this up.

loweg

Did you every buy those wheels using noppin? How much was all the fees and shipping approx?

Did it work otu?

loweg
01-31-2017, 10:27 PM
Yep, I've ordered 6-8 sets through noppin, fees getting increasingly expensive.

Think I've ordered hayashi's,cf48, work cr01, weds, a couple sets of te37, and maybe a couple others.

ZZT23
02-05-2017, 12:38 AM
Did you do all searches on that site using English? I couldn't find much stuff for a Toyota Voltz other than some RHD carpets and Pontiac Vibe rims with Toyota center caps. Looking for a set of folding mirrors for a while now but they don't show up very often on any site.

cancer man
02-05-2017, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by ZZT23
Did you do all searches on that site using English? I couldn't find much stuff for a Toyota Voltz other than some RHD carpets and Pontiac Vibe rims with Toyota center caps. Looking for a set of folding mirrors for a while now but they don't show up very often on any site.

www.alibaba.com

Takes awhile to navigate may have gotten better.
I used to by VW Honda parts but generally in groups of 10 or more.