PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place for supplements?

Mogg
12-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Hello,
Where does everyone buy their supplements ? About to pick up a new pre workout , bcaa s and some casein protein. Was looking at ordering off bodybuilding.com but with shipping it comes in very close to local price. Any other sites? Or local deals ?

trliniar
12-10-2012, 12:32 AM
find samson's supplements to be competitive. The first Tuesday of every month everythings on sale 20%. or bodybuilding as you pointed out.

schocker
12-10-2012, 12:49 AM
I have always used bb.com . Shiping isn't that much that it would be close to local price as it is like 30-50% cheaper to begin with, there is generally a 10% off code floating around at most times also.

Neil4Speed
12-10-2012, 09:27 AM
My preferance has been Iherb.com for anything not extremely heavy.

jwslam
12-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I actually found an awesome site that's dirt cheap for a lot of stuff. And has the multiples discounting. HOWEVER, their selection is quite limited.

http://www.vitamart.com/

Benefits:
-Free shipping on all orders over $49. It ships from Edmonton so expect 2 day delivery. Crazy fast.
-Free gifts in tiers, starting at $99 orders
-Use my ref code JWSLAM6220 for an ADDITIONAL $10 off over $49

My last order consisted of 3x10lb bags of Mutant Whey (note, not Mutant MASS). Worked out to $70/bag, got like 6 samples and 2 shakers out of it.

jjmac
12-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Vitamart is pretty good, fast shipping and quality selection.

I've also bought from https://www.svncanada.com/

- HUGE Selection

- Based out of Vancouver

- Offers points system to use as discount

- Free shipping over $99

- Offers volume discounts

- Everyday deals

- Gives tons of freebies.

SpeedIllusion
12-10-2012, 10:34 AM
I found www.supplementscanada.com to be a good website.
- any orders over $99 get free shipping
- the site regularly has discount codes
- ships out of Edmonton
- you get some cool freebies
- pretty much priced the same as https://www.svncanada.com/ unless one of them has a discount

littledan
12-10-2012, 10:41 AM
i like going to popeye's when I buy local. They usually run groupons here in Edmonton every month or so. $10 for $25 so basically $15 bucks off whatever you need. I've found that after shipping its pretty close to most online shops. They also let you stack coupons so last time they had a sale I got a 50 serving Superpump Max for like $50 tax in.

duaner
12-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by trliniar
find samson's supplements to be competitive. The first Tuesday of every month everythings on sale 20%. or bodybuilding as you pointed out.
This and Fitshop (http://www.fitshop.ca/), with occasional sales of 10-20% off, are the two I use. Fitshop is the cheapest that I've found for online Canadian based shopping.

trollolhah
12-10-2012, 11:00 AM
bodybuilding.com

Mogg
12-10-2012, 11:42 AM
I havent yet had time to look in depth to these websites but do they proves compare to the American bodybuilding? I'm guessing with shipping its very close.

Thanks for all the sites guys!

2Legit2Quit
12-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by trollolhah
bodybuilding.com

2Legit2Quit
12-10-2012, 11:59 AM
https://www.svncanada.com/product/389/optimum-nutrition-whey-gold-standard-10lbs

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html;jsessionid=7C33AD114D58E818C01044CC18459FF6

$138 on svn or $100 on bodybuilding.com to which there's always 10% off coupon codes from bb.com so that drops it down to $90...that's an almost $50 difference right there. I have been buying from bb.com for years and years, comparison to other sites, they can't be beat. Buy a few other things and the shipping doesn't even matter.

bb.com ships via DHL/some other courier and I generally get my supplements in about a week or so usually.

And as far as deals, gifts from bb.com and if you're in no rush you can wait for deals to pop up for your fav supplements. Whether it's a discount or say buy 1 tub of Assault and get a 8 serving container for free.

Mogg
12-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Just ran into problems with bodybuilding.com apparently they cant ship neurocore pre workout( which happens to be buy one get one free.) Anyways around this ?

2Legit2Quit
12-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Unfortunately there is most likely an ingredient in that product that isn't legal or some jazz in Canada. I ran into this problem with jack3d long ago and can now order it no problem.

Current 10% coupon for bb.com is STEPUP10

403ep3
12-10-2012, 03:07 PM
That's because jack3d changed their formula..

duaner
12-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit
Unfortunately there is most likely an ingredient in that product that isn't legal or some jazz in Canada. I ran into this problem with jack3d long ago and can now order it no problem.

Current 10% coupon for bb.com is STEPUP10
This is why I gave up on BB.com. I made a couple of purchases from there in the past, including some Magnum Nutraceuticals products, which are made in Canada. Now you cannot get them at the Canadian store and last I tried they won't ship all of the product line to Canada.

A Canadian product, significantly cheaper from the US, but some are not allowed to ship back up to Canada. Baloney. It's available at some online Canadian stores and Popeye's but the stuff is typically expensive.

Maybe I'll consider it again some point since their prices typically are the best, although some stuff is just as cheap up here when free shipping is taken into account.

2Legit2Quit
12-10-2012, 03:40 PM
My preworkout for the last year or more has been Assault which has no issues with coming across the border so I haven't had any issues. Pretty clean preworkout for energy and mindset but lacks the tingly feel and some crazy pump feeling that jack3d gave me....but my lips don't also fall off from dryness.

But yeah, it's lame that some stuff can't cross the border for whatever legalities, but that's not bb.com's fault, they're just abiding to border laws.

I'll stop the bb.com nutswinging, they are the cheapest for what I use and have left me a happy customer. Spend some time comparing prices on some websites and see what works out best for you.

roopi
12-12-2012, 10:17 AM
12% off and Free Shipping at supplementscanada.com

Use Coupon Code 'SCDS12' at Checkout

http://www.supplementscanada.com/volume.htm

403ep3
12-12-2012, 03:22 PM
I use bb.com but the only thing I hate is their shipping..it can be HIT or MISS on waiting time

Mogg
12-13-2012, 12:11 AM
I ended up ordering about 150 dollars worth of stuff on Monday night from supplements Canada. I am very impressed! To start off there was a random 20 percent off and free shipping sale . Second it already got here today at noon. That makes total shipping time 36 hours! Great service and great prices!

On a side note N.O explode pre workout sucks

Cooked Rice
12-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by trliniar

This. Samson's on Tuesday.

Tej.S
12-15-2012, 02:20 AM
If you guys want a dirt cheap site with pretty great shipping and fast delivery(usually 3-5 days), go to fitnessone.com

The great thing about this site is that their selection is huge, their prices are comparable to bb.com, and the best part is you can order banned supplements(Jack3d, old formula and more) because they have a location in Ontario :D You also get free samples in every order and they often have different sales and BOGO's(buy one get one) deals going on, enjoy.

D'z Nutz
12-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
I use bb.com but the only thing I hate is their shipping..it can be HIT or MISS on waiting time

I guess I lucked out this time. My order arrived this week after 7 business days. Not bad considering I was expecting it to take 3 weeks.

403ep3
12-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

I guess I lucked out this time. My order arrived this week after 7 business days. Not bad considering I was expecting it to take 3 weeks.

When did you order it? I ordered cyber monday and still waiting:barf:

D'z Nutz
12-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
When did you order it? I ordered cyber monday and still waiting:barf:

I made my order on Nov 30th, but one of the items was back ordered. It was shipped on the 4th and it arrived on the 13th.

schocker
12-15-2012, 08:05 PM
I read something about health canada cracking down on natural health products if you are importing a supply for greater than 90 days, if you ordered a lot, they might have taken it :eek:

Tej.S
12-15-2012, 11:25 PM
^ That's why you should use http://www.fitnessone.com/index.php :P doesn't go through customs or anything.

LadyLuck
03-07-2013, 05:41 PM
www.redtagnutrition.com

Gave them a try, ordered a 10lb bag of ON Gold Standard whey, paid $14 for shipping and it got here in 2 days.

TorqueDog
03-20-2013, 03:23 PM
I go to Catalyst Supplements myself, Crowfoot location. Smaller selection, but in talking with them, it seems like they tend to put more thought into what they stock versus how much they stock.

http://catalystsupplements.com/locations/

Disoblige
03-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
I go to Catalyst Supplements myself, Crowfoot location. Smaller selection, but in talking with them, it seems like they tend to put more thought into what they stock versus how much they stock.

http://catalystsupplements.com/locations/
LOL, an almost 2 year revival from you.

schocker
03-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

LOL, an almost 14 day revival from you.
Fixed :confused:

EK69
03-20-2013, 04:23 PM
even counting from the first post of this thread its only a few months revival :nut:

schocker
03-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by EK69
even counting from the first post of this thread its only a few months revival :nut:
He was taught by Marth :rofl:

TorqueDog
03-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
LOL, an almost 2 year revival from you. Read this in Gregory House's voice: "Nice counting, moron." :rofl:

Yeah, I'm ever so slowly participating in threads again, I've been lurking for a while.