PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion

89coupe
12-10-2012, 01:15 PM
This looks promising.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/oblivion/

Tik-Tok
12-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Wasn't he wearing that same yankees had in War of the Worlds? Is he trying to look normal to the rest of the world (who all thinks he's a fruitcake)?

Markll7
12-11-2012, 01:29 PM
This'll be good but the director really needs to get back and make the Tron Legacy sequel.

403Gemini
12-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Calling it right now:

Tom Cruise and that chick are the only two humans (that he knows about) as he says everybody else was "evacuated" after "we won the war"

We never won the war, the aliens did - that chick is in knowledge that they're working to kill any human life remaining for the aliens, Tom Cruise is none the wiser and just activating protocol droids which will do just that - exterminate any remaining humans. He finds group of survivors, finds out the "truth" that humans never did evacuate earth but went into hiding - assists in rebellion.

edit: and I bet he runs a lot.

qzPhdnb-5aU

gatorade
12-15-2012, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Calling it right now:

Tom Cruise and that chick are the only two humans (that he knows about) as he says everybody else was "evacuated" after "we won the war"

We never won the war, the aliens did - that chick is in knowledge that they're working to kill any human life remaining for the aliens, Tom Cruise is none the wiser and just activating protocol droids which will do just that - exterminate any remaining humans. He finds group of survivors, finds out the "truth" that humans never did evacuate earth but went into hiding - assists in rebellion.

edit: and I bet he runs a lot.

qzPhdnb-5aU

Sounds about right, but why do you gotta articulate it so well

ZorroAMG
12-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Wasn't he wearing that same yankees had in War of the Worlds? Is he trying to look normal to the rest of the world (who all thinks he's a fruitcake)?

Just curious, but what does his sexual orientation have to do with his work? Does the fact that you've probably watched 90% of his movies make you gay too?

You know, just observing.

blitz
12-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Isn't he talking about the whole crazy Scientology thing?

GTS4tw
12-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Just curious, but what does his sexual orientation have to do with his work? Does the fact that you've probably watched 90% of his movies make you gay too?

Fruitcake means not all there mentally. But yeah, his sexuality is questionable also.

403Gemini
12-16-2012, 11:48 AM

I think Tik-Tok was calling him crazy, not gay... just my thoughts lol

I hear Tom Cruise is a super nice guy to his fans though, so as crazy as he is, I still enjoy his movies and it's nice to know/hear he's a nice person when you meet him.

Tik-Tok
12-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Fruity = Gay
Fruitcake = Nuts

But yes, IMO he's a Fruity Fruitcake, lol.

My point was it's like he's trying to "humanize" himself... whether that's part of the movies plot, or that's just him trying hard to make himself look normal after all the bad press from recent years, I don't know.

maxomilll
12-16-2012, 01:49 PM
...actors don't choose wardrobe...

ZorroAMG
12-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Fruity = Gay
Fruitcake = Nuts

But yes, IMO he's a Fruity Fruitcake, lol.

My point was it's like he's trying to "humanize" himself... whether that's part of the movies plot, or that's just him trying hard to make himself look normal after all the bad press from recent years, I don't know.

If you think he really cares about what people (you) think, you're the fruitcake hahaha! He didn't get to where he did by worrying about his image. His work speaks for itself and that's all that should matter to you. You're not his friend, why should he change his behaviour, who he is, to please you?

Just curious...

blitz
12-16-2012, 08:27 PM

If you think he really cares about what people (you) think, you're the fruitcake hahaha! He didn't get to where he did by worrying about his image. His work speaks for itself and that's all that should matter to you. You're not his friend, why should he change his behaviour, who he is, to please you?

Just curious...

Why so sensitive?

Just curious...

ZorroAMG
12-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Not sensitive, no need to project :)

schocker
04-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Saw this last night at mallzac. I thought it was pretty good and enjoyed the story along with the action.

JAYMEZ
04-21-2013, 03:11 PM
I thought it was pretty good.. Slight twisted that was predictable , but I enjoyed it..

As for the NY hat.. First thing I thought of was World of Wars and I think this is a REALLY bad thing for a director to do (You shouldnt be watching a movie and thinking of another movie )

turbotrip
04-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Fruitcake = wild homo

RickDaTuner
04-21-2013, 11:21 PM
If you guys didn't catch on, this movie was a complete rip-off to the Portal games. Even The AI voice was dead on. The only thing missing was the companion cube, and an actual portal gun.

It was all in all a pretty good movie.

Markll7
04-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
If you guys didn't catch on, this movie was a complete rip-off to the Portal games. Even The AI voice was dead on. The only thing missing was the companion cube, and an actual portal gun.

It was all in all a pretty good movie.

They also seemed to have taken a lot from 2001 a space Odyssey. Anyone else find that the first 3/4ths of the movie was awesome but the ending a bit rushed ?

*Spoiler Alert*

On a side note I would have paid 5 times the amount of ticket price to see a army of Tom Cruises coming out of space ships.

jampack
04-22-2013, 03:18 PM
I watched this on the day it came out :D I thought it was pretty good! :thumbsup:

403Gemini
04-23-2013, 08:09 AM
Was my prediction above correct? Somebody spoiler text a response so it doesn't "ruin" it for anybody else.

FraserB
04-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Markll7

They also seemed to have taken a lot from 2001 a space Odyssey. Anyone else find that the first 3/4ths of the movie was awesome but the ending a bit rushed ?

Great overall, agree it was a bit rushed at the end. They could have tacked on an extra half hour and it would have been fine.

schocker
04-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Was my prediction above correct? Somebody spoiler text a response so it doesn't "ruin" it for anybody else.
fu gemini :D
You were pretty much correct, if you take a look on wikipedia they have the full plot and you can see how close you were

Skidro
04-23-2013, 11:53 AM
I really liked the movie, the plot wasn't predictable and the droids were badass!
The way the UI for the computer/thing worked was also pretty cool, I wonder if they will make a game out of it

403Gemini
04-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Read the wiki page...

nailed it ;)

HHURICANE1
04-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Saw it last night. Better than I thought it would be but found it to be pretty predictable. Most of it has been done before in other movies. Effects were very well done and didn't detract from the story like a lot of movies these days.

SneakyNeek
04-26-2013, 05:20 PM
this movie was terrible, only tom cruise is arrogant enough to fight himself in a movie

TomcoPDR
05-09-2013, 02:16 AM
Q for those who's seen it

So the helicopter #49 was destroyed/crashed towards the end, and tech#49 tied up tech #52 in the desert, with tech #49 taking helicopter #52... so the ploy in the end was for tech#49 to bring back the foreign human back to mothership (to nuke it right); but wouldn't he (tech#49) be flying helicopter #52 back? And with the consistency of the intelligence of the aliens, there's no way the mothership can't detect it's actually helicopter #52 being flown back by tech#49???

ZenOps
05-09-2013, 05:29 AM
This is pretty much exactly what I expected Matrix3 to be.

Maintain the machine, but then rebel at the end after realizing the truth.

DeleriousZ
05-31-2013, 02:11 PM
I saw this a while back and really enjoyed the tech in it. The drones were SPOT ON, and the sky post was super cool, not to mention the bubble vehicle. Plot was ok, not amazing.

Really really wish we had a dolby atmos theater here to watch it in though. Those are the kinds of movies you go for the technical marvel, not the plotline.