I raise you an Oblivion

aUD_KyOujq8

89coupe
12-10-2012, 10:53 PM
I already posted that.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/363525/oblivion/

89coupe
05-31-2013, 11:40 AM
Anyone find it silly that the story is based on humans leaving Earth 1000 years ago and in that time animals evolved? And it even looks like there are dinosaurs. LOL

Animals don't evolve in 1000 years, lol, maybe a million years, but definitely not a 1000.

Dren
05-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Anyone find it silly that the story is based on humans leaving Earth 1000 years ago and in that time animals evolved? And it even looks like there are dinosaurs. LOL

Animals don't evolve in 1000 years, lol, maybe a million years, but definitely not a 1000.

I agree..

looks like it will be a flop

hurrdurr
05-31-2013, 12:24 PM
M Night Shalamalan can get fucked with his dumb movies

KRyn
05-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Dren

I agree..

Originally posted by hurrdurr
M Night Shalamalan can get fucked with his dumb movies

This movie has gotten terrible reviews and for good reason. M. Night Shyamalan hasn't produced a good movie since The Sixth Sense. His last five or six movies have all been flops.

hurrdurr
05-31-2013, 01:14 PM
http://www.ultimatefacepalm.com.au/images/mnight.jpg

sputnik
05-31-2013, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
M. Night Shyamalan hasn't produced a good movie with the exception of The Sixth Sense.

Fixed.

-relk-
05-31-2013, 02:15 PM
I got the idea that animals had evolved into human killing machines, and thats why humans left earth 1000 years ago :dunno: Just going off one of the trailers i saw though.

Inzane
06-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Dren

Sounds like it has.

variance
06-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Interesting thread on reddit about this movie:

After Earth is, in my opinion, a movie strongly influenced by Scientology.
http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/1f8gef/after_earth_is_in_my_opinion_a_movie_strongly/

Also interesting that Tom Cruise's Oblivion movie is so similar, and he is a Scientologist...which brings to mind Battlefield Earth starring another famous Scientologist based on a book written by the founder.

They are really trying to push their views using Hollywood.

BerserkerCatSplat
06-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by variance
Interesting thread on reddit about this movie:

After Earth is, in my opinion, a movie strongly influenced by Scientology.
http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/1f8gef/after_earth_is_in_my_opinion_a_movie_strongly/

Also interesting that Tom Cruise's Oblivion movie is so similar, and he is a Scientologist...which brings to mind Battlefield Earth starring another famous Scientologist based on a book written by the founder.

They are really trying to push their views using Hollywood.

I enjoyed reading that, but I think he's really reaching. A lot of what he pointed out as Scientology influence seemed more like common sci-fi/movie tropes.

Inzane
06-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Whether there are ties to Scientology or not, the film is still a self-indulgent project by the Smith family.

Will should stick with what he's good at (acting), and his son should choose his own path and not necessarily be an actor just because he's Will Smith's son.

Feruk
06-18-2013, 12:19 PM
I liked it; not sure it deserved the low ratings. It was marketed as a simple survival story, and it was... a simple survival story! I agree that some parts were a little out there (if not stupid), but overall it was an enjoyable watch. Not sure what people expected here. Only real issue is Smith's winey son reminds me of a darker Hayden Christienson, but thankfully there is no George Lucas here to write an embarassingly bad script.

No idea of any link to scientology, but really I could care less. Both are Sci-Fi anyway.

403Gemini
06-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Feruk
Only real issue is Smith's winey son reminds me of a darker Hayden Christienson, but thankfully there is no George Lucas here to write an embarassingly bad script.

But same amount of green screen? ;) I hate green screen movies... I miss the art of actual sets and monster creation