PDA

View Full Version : Sink Install

mix123
12-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Hey...I'm installing a sink in a countertop in my garage. The sink I picked up cheap from Restore. Of course it has no template...which isn't really a big deal. Read a bunch of how to's online. Seems simple enough.

I just have one question I don't see answered anywhere online. The sink is what's called a ledgeback...pretty common single bowl stainless has 4 holes at the back for faucets.

So I get how with most sinks you can just put them upside down on the counter trace them and then measure 3/4" (or whatever) in from the outline and then draw your cut line. This all makes sense. But it seems like "ledgeback sinks" are done differently as they have the overhang in the back for the faucets and that you don't cut out the counter under the faucets...just the sink portion and then you just cut holes for the faucets....

Is this right? Any tips on making a template for this? I know I'm over thinking this just want to get it right.

codetrap
12-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Stainless in the garage? Hmm. I went with a plastic laundry bin instead. Large enough I can wash a dog on it.

spacerz
12-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by mix123 they have the overhang in the back for the faucets and that you don't cut out the counter under the faucets...just the sink portion and then you just cut holes for the faucets....[/B]

Yes, that is correct.

I hope your garage is heated. I know of two people who have had their garage sink cold water lines blow during really cold temperatures. Both cases occurred where the garage was attached to the home and both had their pipes insulated properly.

mix123
12-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Yes It's heated so I think I should be ok.