PDA

View Full Version : Good places to volunteer around Xmas?

Manhattan
12-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Gonna have a bunch of time off during the holidays without a lot to do. Just wondering what are some places to volunteer around that time. It'll probably just me with one or two friends.

woodywoodford
12-12-2012, 02:00 PM
When I was a kid my parents would send me to volunteer @ operation christmas child

Boosted131
12-12-2012, 02:08 PM
You can shovel my driveway off :)

Haha

But really salvation army and places like that

jwslam
12-12-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm volunteering this Saturday at the Salvation Army.

It's that operation where all the toy mountain toys are brought to a warehouse. From there, they give you a kid's wishlist and you "shop" for the kid.

I plan on going 11am-4pm. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you more details.

otherwise, i plan on finding time to do the "wrap it up" gig. (Wrapping presents is such a girly thing I figured I'll have a good chance of bringing some more females into my life)

FixedGear
12-12-2012, 07:42 PM
what about the non-profit charitable organization "Danihel Foundation"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CCM Pro
12-13-2012, 04:50 AM
Really my suggestion is to find something that maybe "tugs at the heart strings" so to speak...there are numerous charities that survive because of people like you....volunteers are the lifeline of their business.

I work with The Mustard Seed in Communications/PR and see first hand just how much of a massive impact our volunteers have on our guests.

Whatever you choose to do that is awesome of you!

Graham_A_M
12-13-2012, 05:30 PM
"Keys Please", that designated driver service. :thumbsup:

03ozwhip
12-13-2012, 05:37 PM
the food bank

Perfect Dark
12-13-2012, 06:41 PM
For the last 4 years we've been donating our time and money to here:

http://www.stephensbackpacks.com/

My wife got to know Stephen's parents through her work and since then it's been a really rewarding experience. My 2 daughters love helping out, and last year we actually went and handed out the backpacks to the families which was amazing.

InRich
12-13-2012, 06:41 PM
u can volunteer for me, delivering flyers... start tomorrow!

Shlade
12-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by InRich
u can volunteer for me, delivering flyers... start tomorrow!

Let me come change your tires so i can leave some of the lug nuts loose...