PDA

View Full Version : Acura RSX, Base Model VS Type-S

MGCM
12-12-2012, 05:55 PM
I feel like i should ask the question, what are the various differences between an RSX Base Model and Type-S(besides the obvious power difference). I know the type-s take premium(yuck) but being its a faster car id be willing to bite the bullet if its worth it.

Purpose of the car, last as long as i can make it last as a daily driver. The one thing i recall hearing is that the type-s tranny does not do well with forced induction applications. I plan MINIMAL upgrades to hopefully keep it running on OEM parts and last longer ideally.

Skyline_Addict
12-12-2012, 06:02 PM
The base model also comes with cloth seats as opposed to leather. The Type-S has some nicer interior amenities like a better sound system and what not.

Both would make great daily drivers and should be equally reliable. The Type-S will take premium gas but is fairly efficient on gas for what it is. It's a 200-210 HP 2.0L engine, so it can only guzzle so much gas.

The Type-S will of course also have some chassis and suspension improvements too. I think it's worth the money to get one since they're used now. Try to get a 2005+ model.

yipb
12-12-2012, 06:18 PM
iirc u can get the rsx premium that will come with leather seats but still run on 87.

if its just for daily driving i would get the non type s, its way better on gas i heard

max_boost
12-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Type S more fun.

Regular base will do if you want just a simple daily driver.

Chantastic
12-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Type S has a factory Bose sound system, the '02's have a 6 disc with cassette. I know eventually they stopped coming with the big bulky unit and replaced it with a single din. Type S has leathers with heated front seats (Canada only from what I understand) and heated mirrors (also Canada special). I believe it has different sway bars and such versus the base as well.

I've owned a '02 Type S now for... 3 months now? So far it's proven itself to be incredibly practical (hatchback), pretty good on gas (premium, mind you), but kinda meh on the power side of things, if you care about that. It's been a tough transition for me when you've been driving a 12psi SR20 around for a long time. In the Type S you need to shift way too often for my taste so it's a good thing it loves to do so. I'm not talking about racing, but just day to day driving especially when you hit a steep hill (mind you it does respond much faster than '02ish WRX's, you have to shift even more in those things). And it does make quite the noise, even with a cheap ebay intake and a stock exhaust. I laugh every time I hit 8k rpm because it sounds so awesome...but I also laugh because I'm hardly moving at all :(

Some numbers for you:

City I average 520km/tank before I fill up (usually less than a quarter tank left at this point)

Highway I can do over 320km and not quite be at half tank yet.

All in all, a pretty stylish car with the right mods and it is much more practical than people think it is. A great DD. But even with the Type S, if you are a power or more specifically a torque junkie, I'd think twice about either model. I am thinking twice about buying one right now, to be totally honest.

403civic
12-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I have both a Type S and a base
Type S is Boosted with a Greddy Turbo Kit
Base is my winter beater (stock)

If you drive it normally; shifting at under 4000rpm
I feel no difference in power then to when my Type S was stock

I put 87 in the base and 94 in the Type S

Both get very close fuel range. even tho the S is boosted.
450km~ on boosted Type S
540km on Base

can't comment on suspension cuz my Type S has coils when I first bought it.
but the Base handling is still better than a "Civic"

MGCM
12-12-2012, 07:54 PM
i had owned a 2009 cobalt ss turbo at one point but have adapted to the power loss with my current integrars non-vtec. The type-s will be slightly more powerful than my integra. Not entirely sure i want to shift so often but im sure i could adapt. Leaning heavily towards a type-s, 2 on kijiji in my price range but yet no base models that low. The RSX is definitely a step up from my integra but i think its a worthwhile step.

Anything i should watch for with higher milage ones?

spacerz
12-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Do some research on the type s transmission issues...a lot of people have problems with them.

MGCM
12-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by spacerz
Do some research on the type s transmission issues...a lot of people have problems with them.

thats the one i had very briefly heard of, tho my understanding was it was usually because of F/I setups. Can u fill me in a bit on what i need to be researching on that tranny? That issue alone will remove the type-s from the list if deemed enough of a potential problem.

spacerz
12-12-2012, 08:50 PM
It's not a result of F/I set ups. It occurs on 100% stock vehicles as well.

Issues I have personally dealt with:

1. Notchy shifting
2. 3rd gear pop out (annoying as hell)
3. Grinding gears

You can learn a lot more about specific details on the web.

MGCM
12-12-2012, 08:54 PM
It's not a result of F/I set ups. It occurs on 100% stock vehicles as well.

Issues I have personally dealt with:

1. Notchy shifting
2. 3rd gear pop out (annoying as hell)
3. Grinding gears

You can learn a lot more about specific details on the web.

gunna do a ton of research this weekend on it now, thx for the heads up, thats why i posted here cause i knew someone could point me towards the issues to watch for and research before i commit to buying one.

For the record, will a tranny rebuild fix this issue?

Chantastic
12-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Mine popped out of third occasionally, unfortunately it was something that didn't ever happen to me when I test drove it. I ended up having the transmission fluid switched out, and it turned out that there was hardly any in there at all. Now from what I've heard, the tranny fluid should be changed much sooner than whatever Honda says it should be changed at, and this could have prevented the pop out problem occurring on mine.

However, after the fluid change I definitely noticed slightly smoother shifting...but it still does pop out of third, say once out of every 30 shifts into 3rd that I do. It only happens when you don't push the stick with enough force and are super lazy/weak. Once you learn to push it in slightly more, it's super rare to happen. So basically if you're gunning it and speed shifting, it'll never pop out. At least this is how mine works.

Edit: fluid was drained out and replaced with oem Honda stuff

Chantastic
12-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by 403civic
I have both a Type S and a base
Type S is Boosted with a Greddy Turbo Kit
Base is my winter beater (stock)

If you drive it normally; shifting at under 4000rpm
I feel no difference in power then to when my Type S was stock

I put 87 in the base and 94 in the Type S

Both get very close fuel range. even tho the S is boosted.
450km~ on boosted Type S
540km on Base

can't comment on suspension cuz my Type S has coils when I first bought it.
but the Base handling is still better than a "Civic"

Not to steal the thread, but I was also looking into Greddy kits but I'm worried I might actually kill the car with one. How much mileage was on the car when you installed it? Has it been reliable since? I have 171XXX on mine and as I've stated before, the transmission I do wonder about... at this point it's either I boost it and be happy/safe, or I sell it

(and of course I have to ask, have you dyno'd it?)

Chantastic
12-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by MGCM
i had owned a 2009 cobalt ss turbo at one point but have adapted to the power loss with my current integrars non-vtec. The type-s will be slightly more powerful than my integra. Not entirely sure i want to shift so often but im sure i could adapt. Leaning heavily towards a type-s, 2 on kijiji in my price range but yet no base models that low. The RSX is definitely a step up from my integra but i think its a worthwhile step.

Anything i should watch for with higher milage ones?

It's definitely a step up from the old 'Tegs. I picked a Type S over an older Type R without hesitation. The interior alone is a huge upgrade, it's actually quite nice. I had to upgrade my rear mount though shortly after I bought it. Turns out the old oem one was cracked and was making the whole engine buck around, and also broke my TPS. Had to replace that too.

spacerz
12-12-2012, 10:47 PM
A transmission rebuild will fix the issue...however, I have heard of people still having issues down the road with them.

A lot of people have had good luck with a fluid change. GM synchromesh and Red Line are what I would recommend. I personally used GM synchromesh and it helped A LOT.

Edit: Despite the problems noted with the 6 speed, it has got to be one of the smoothest shifting transmissions around. As was noted by chantastic, there is a lot of shifting required for city use, but aside from that it really is a pleasure to use.

Deetz
12-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Another decent option not mentioned yet in this thread would be to source out a Premium RSX. It has most of the same features as an S, but with the money saved between models, you could p/u a TSX K24A2 to swap in. This would give you a much more stout engine to work with....and can make very good power all motor or boosted!!

ArjayAquino
12-13-2012, 08:42 AM
OP, did you have a preference between 5 speed vs 6 speed manual?

MGCM
12-13-2012, 09:21 AM
never driven 6spd, but i don't think i would mind it at all

GS430
12-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I had an 03 Rsx Premium last year, it was an absolutely great car.

Oil changes and fill ups is basically all I needed to do. Heated seats worked great, unreal on gas, and pretty peppy.

They have timing chains which is great too.

BigShow
12-13-2012, 09:55 AM

Had to replace mine at 120,xxx kms wtf

slinkie
12-13-2012, 01:43 PM
I know the front brakes are slightly upgraded on the S as well, not sure about the rears.

I like the RSX styling! 02 front and the 05 rear! :drool:

MGCM
12-13-2012, 02:33 PM
so far the only thing im worried about is the tranny but it looks like its not a critical failure issue, so far im leaning towards a type-s

skandalouz_08
12-13-2012, 02:54 PM
If you're looking at base you might as well get a premium model. I have one and have loved it since the day I bought it. 5 speed, threw my own deck in there with ipod plug-in, heated leather seats and heated mirrors. No problems with the tranny, need to do my tranny fluid now that I've read through this thread and been reminded.

Still going strong at 234XXX km's. I use 89 fuel and get about 5-550kms/tank or 600+ on the highway. 5 speed also means less shifting. The RSX is a high revving car to begin with so you'll always be shifting whether its 5 or 6 speed.

ArjayAquino
12-13-2012, 02:55 PM
so far the only thing im worried about is the tranny but it looks like its not a critical failure issue, so far im leaning towards a type-s

I'm a fan of having the extra gear, so nice when you're driving on the highway!

MGCM
12-13-2012, 04:52 PM
im kinda excited for a test drive in the type-s now

bjstare
12-13-2012, 05:01 PM
If you get the type-s, consider running 89 instead of 91 gas. There's threads on here that talk about why its better (cause of our elevation and how it burns in N/A engines), and Rage has backed up the theory with some of his N/A cars as well.

Aside from that, no question would I rather have the type-s. Takes a boring slow car and turns it into something a little more fun. If nothing else, you get VTAK AND ITS AWESUM

(I have a 3.2cl type-s 6MT and would never ever want the non-s 3.2cl... I know its not an rsx, but similar comparison for type-s and not - slight bump in power, other little different odds and ends make for a much more enjoyable experience)

YamahaV8
12-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by ArjayAquino

I'm a fan of having the extra gear, so nice when you're driving on the highway!

The 6th gear on the type s and the 5th gear on the base are the same gear ratio and they both have the same final drive ratio. There is no difference in engine rpm in top gear between the 2 models.

The 5 speed transmission are known for 2nd and 3rd gear problems as well. It's the brass synchros Honda used in these early k series transmissions. They wear out too fast. Honda fixed the problem later with different material synchros but that wasn't until around 2008. The best way to combat this is frequent tranny oil changes with high quality fluid. Make sure the fluid you put in says brass friendly on the bottle.

My EP3 had notchy 2nd and 3rd gears so I started annual tranny fluid changes. Notchiness went away and so far so good.

OP, so long as the transmission feels perfect on the test drive you will be ok as long as you take good care of the transmission from that point forward. A bonus on these cars is that the clutch seems to last forever as long as it wasn't abused.

MGCM
12-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
If you get the type-s, consider running 89 instead of 91 gas. There's threads on here that talk about why its better (cause of our elevation and how it burns in N/A engines), and Rage has backed up the theory with some of his N/A cars as well.

Aside from that, no question would I rather have the type-s. Takes a boring slow car and turns it into something a little more fun. If nothing else, you get VTAK AND ITS AWESUM

(I have a 3.2cl type-s 6MT and would never ever want the non-s 3.2cl... I know its not an rsx, but similar comparison for type-s and not - slight bump in power, other little different odds and ends make for a much more enjoyable experience)

im tempted to have a baseline tune done on it to smooth it all out and set it for either 89 or 91 specifically....... if i get a type-s

403civic
12-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Chantastic

Not to steal the thread, but I was also looking into Greddy kits but I'm worried I might actually kill the car with one. How much mileage was on the car when you installed it? Has it been reliable since? I have 171XXX on mine and as I've stated before, the transmission I do wonder about... at this point it's either I boost it and be happy/safe, or I sell it

(and of course I have to ask, have you dyno'd it?)

You Cannot kill your car with the greddy kit.
installed the kit when it had about 160 XXX on the car.
put about 30 XXXkm on it in the last 2 years.
I drive her to Vancouver at least once a year. no problems.
this year I even AutoX 'd a few times...
No over heating issues (still on OEM rad)
No tranny problems. (never had any)

Running the front mount intercooler. Custom 3inch turbo back exhaust. Upgraded 550cc injectors and KPro
Dyno'd locally at TechMotion.
Made 245whp
Wanting a little more power this year; Water/Meth kit w/ RBC intake manifold coming this winter

Funny How everyone talks about the 3rd hear problem.
My car was owned by an "enthusiast" since day one. (drove that bitch hard)
Not a single problem.
The only gear that was "bad" in my tranny was 2nd and that I because I missed shifted when I was at the 1/4mile
Nothing was even "Wrong" with it (eg. not grinding in gear or poping out)
The teeth just didn't look perfect (we even reused the syncro) when it was removed to install my LSD so we replaced it while we were in there.

What I do miss from a Stock Type S that my Base Beater doesn't have is the lovely Vtec Cross over.... lol
Huge dip right before vtec plays the best mind game on you making you think the car pulls so HARD during vtec

Chantastic
12-13-2012, 10:01 PM

You Cannot kill your car with the greddy kit.
installed the kit when it had about 160 XXX on the car.
put about 30 XXXkm on it in the last 2 years.
I drive her to Vancouver at least once a year. no problems.
this year I even AutoX 'd a few times...
No over heating issues (still on OEM rad)
No tranny problems. (never had any)

Running the front mount intercooler. Custom 3inch turbo back exhaust. Upgraded 550cc injectors and KPro
Dyno'd locally at TechMotion.
Made 245whp
Wanting a little more power this year; Water/Meth kit w/ RBC intake manifold coming this winter

Funny How everyone talks about the 3rd hear problem.
My car was owned by an "enthusiast" since day one. (drove that bitch hard)
Not a single problem.
The only gear that was "bad" in my tranny was 2nd and that I because I missed shifted when I was at the 1/4mile
Nothing was even "Wrong" with it (eg. not grinding in gear or poping out)
The teeth just didn't look perfect (we even reused the syncro) when it was removed to install my LSD so we replaced it while we were in there.

What I do miss from a Stock Type S that my Base Beater doesn't have is the lovely Vtec Cross over.... lol
Huge dip right before vtec plays the best mind game on you making you think the car pulls so HARD during vtec

Thanks! I really appreciate the info. What kind of torque figures did it spit out (and at what psi)? I am after torque more than horsepower, though I'd love to hit around 270whp. The nice thing about the greddy I've noticed is that it usually has similar hp and torque numbers, unlike a supercharger setup which is basically torqueless as far as I am concerned.

On that note, I've been eyeballing this: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=829237

You should be able to run it without the turbo manifold, can't you? I mean, of course you'll have some power loss but otherwise is there anything bad about that?

Sorry for so many questions.

Chantastic
12-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Oh and also (to everyone), I just saw a few things online about the factory Bose subwoofer over top the spare tire. I don't have one! Are all Type S' supposed have that? Or only after a certain year? I don't see any wiring for it but I didn't look too hard. My car was missing the privacy cover when I bought it and the guy who I bought the car from had no idea it was even supposed to have one (he only owned it for 6 months). I wouldn't be surprised if the previous, previous owner removed it (the sub)?

If my car never came with one, would it be hard to obtain/install the same unit? The car has pretty good bass as is (upgraded Alpine Type S speakers w/an aftermarket deck) but I sure wouldn't mind a sub if it were designed to fit there.

403civic
12-14-2012, 10:49 AM

......You should be able to run it without the turbo manifold, can't you? I mean, of course you'll have some power loss but otherwise is there anything bad about that?
You shouldn't have any problems running no turbo manifold.
you generate less exhaust velocity; but for the price of a manifold isn't worth the extra 10 hp at most...
The only reason i'm running the shitty Greddy log manifold is because it came with my kit;
Bitch is heavy too; thinking about taking it off this season and trying it out.

....Are all Type S' supposed have that? Or only after a certain year? ......
All Type S with the Vin 2C804952 or older did not come with a "Bose Subwoofer" in the Canadian Market.
Why? I don't know.
Might be hard to override the bose amp;deck combo
its gonna take srs wiring to get that baby runnin'

MGCM
12-14-2012, 03:43 PM
forecast changed and no snow tonight........anyone on here with a type-s willing to meet me tonight and take me for a ride? show me some of the power and the basic rundown of their daily driving experience with it? its not worth a ton but im happy to buy u a hot drink from timmies. im not looking for hours of yourtime, just a quick maximum 30min rundown of your daily driving experience with it.

ColoDano
12-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Can't offer that with my wifes car due to bald ass summers on it, but I will say that we have also had 3rd gear issues, and the hood release needs to be lubed well now that the car is 6 years old.

Fuel mileage has been decent but not stellar, very comfy and useful car though.

And the US Type-S does get heated mirrors, but not seats :(

The car does not have the pickup down low of my other cars, but is such a screamer at high revs! The suspension is great for daily use, but still makes for a very agile handling car, and brakes have no issues.

gyu
12-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Fuel economy should be good as long as you shift early and don't have a really heavy foot.

I don't have a type S but my Civic has a K20 engine as well. Vtec'd quite a bit more than usual on my last tank and still managed 28.8mpg (8.2L/100km)!

Chantastic
12-14-2012, 06:58 PM
forecast changed and no snow tonight........anyone on here with a type-s willing to meet me tonight and take me for a ride? show me some of the power and the basic rundown of their daily driving experience with it? its not worth a ton but im happy to buy u a hot drink from timmies. im not looking for hours of yourtime, just a quick maximum 30min rundown of your daily driving experience with it.

I'd say yes but I'm about to head out soon. Had I read this earlier... anyway if you're in the North around Deerfoot or Market mall at all, send me a PM

I'd ask the same of 403civic, but I guess yours is stored for now. I'd love to ride in that so I can see if I really do wanna boost mine or just sell it

MGCM
12-14-2012, 07:18 PM

I'd say yes but I'm about to head out soon. Had I read this earlier... anyway if you're in the North around Deerfoot or Market mall at all, send me a PM

I'd ask the same of 403civic, but I guess yours is stored for now. I'd love to ride in that so I can see if I really do wanna boost mine or just sell it

u have a pm

KISS_ME
12-14-2012, 08:50 PM
just a quick comment about bypassing the bose sub - there is a wiring harness you can get to do the job.

there was an old school alberta dc5 site back in the days that showed a wiring map of those bose sub and amp, i think it even gives directions to bypass it manually.

edit

im not mechanic by any means but i would assume if you rev matched, down shifted you wouldnt have the problem with pre-mature syncro failure?? i know there upshifting but you know.......

YamahaV8
12-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by KISS_ME
im not mechanic by any means but i would assume if you rev matched, down shifted you wouldnt have the problem with pre-mature syncro failure?? i know there upshifting but you know.......

If the premature failure of the synchros was simply chalked up to poor driving skills Honda would not have changed the synchro design and material composition in the later transmissions.

A2VR6
12-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by KISS_ME
just a quick comment about bypassing the bose sub - there is a wiring harness you can get to do the job.

there was an old school alberta dc5 site back in the days that showed a wiring map of those bose sub and amp, i think it even gives directions to bypass it manually.

That was dc5ab.com... that has since shut down i believe but you can probably get the bypass details from clubrsx.com

BTW if anyone needs the rotors from a 05 Type-S let me know... I switched to the A-Spec slotted rotors back in 2006 and never got rid the stock rotors when I sold the car in 2009.

MGCM
12-16-2012, 05:50 PM
big thanks to chantastic for meeting me today, it helped me ultimately decide a type-s is not for me and i will be looking to acquire a base model rsx. Love the overall design of the car, cant wait to own one.

403civic
12-16-2012, 07:38 PM
2002 Black STD model
Dc2r recaros
Work emotion CR-Kai reps
Hankook I pikes
15inch FRDs on motor Masters for summer use
Bazuka Tube
Pioneer deck with iPod/aux
Short Ram Intake
New Brakes Front/Rear
226,XXX kms
$6,000obo

MGCM
12-16-2012, 08:10 PM
2002 Black STD model
Dc2r recaros
Work emotion CR-Kai reps
Hankook I pikes
15inch FRDs on motor Masters for summer use
Bazuka Tube
Pioneer deck with iPod/aux
Short Ram Intake
New Brakes Front/Rear
226,XXX kms
$6,000obo

thx for the offer, ive committed to another one, hopefully to be driving it tomorrow evening

4doorj
12-16-2012, 09:41 PM
big thanks to chantastic for meeting me today, it helped me ultimately decide a type-s is not for me and i will be looking to acquire a base model rsx. Love the overall design of the car, cant wait to own one.

What made you not want a type s?

MGCM
12-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj

What made you not want a type s?

requires min 6500 to get power........not my thing, i rather enjoyed my test drive in the base model and it felt just like my integra but with a tiny bit more power. type-s and s2000, newer civic si, none are cars i could ever enjoy as a daily drver.

Chantastic
12-16-2012, 11:36 PM

You're welcome! Glad I could help you make the decision. Talking to you today about power only made me yearn for some. Does anyone have a boosted type S that they are currently winter driving, and that I could possibly come for a spin in? I'm dangerously close to selling the car if forced induction doesn't work out.

403civic
12-17-2012, 01:43 AM
Buy a wrx 265 wide body.
Feels the same.

BigShow
12-17-2012, 09:10 AM

requires min 6500 to get power........not my thing, i rather enjoyed my test drive in the base model and it felt just like my integra but with a tiny bit more power. type-s and s2000, newer civic si, none are cars i could ever enjoy as a daily drver.

'type-s and s2000, newer civic si' these are all great daily drivers, where not talking exotics here? requires min 6500 to get power? where you getting this information? you would rather a base model? lol...:english:

MGCM
12-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by BigShow

'type-s and s2000, newer civic si' these are all great daily drivers, where not talking exotics here? requires min 6500 to get power? where you getting this information? you would rather a base model? lol...:english:

i speak what i felt in the various test drives ive been on, it is what it is, my decision, and ultimately my opinion.

BigShow
12-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Base is fairly slow, wouldn't you agree?

JRSC00LUDE
12-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Base is a boring car for sure, used to have a premium. Type S honestly isn't THAT much better though (but I disagree you have to rev that high to find its fun factor). Regardless, it's a fine driving car in either trim for the typical mundane daily commute etc. and if you're looking for all out performance, you wouldn't look here anyways.

Enjoy OP!

MGCM
12-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by BigShow
Base is fairly slow, wouldn't you agree?

coming from a base integra.......not to me, feels the same but newer, i love my base integra, awesome daily driver thats fun to drive and easy on gas. Would i like more power? As a daily driver, not really, dont need it on the street. My aim is an STI in approx 5 years but i think a house will trump that and thus making it closer to 10 years, thats life :)

Chantastic
12-17-2012, 05:58 PM
Buy a wrx 265 wide body.
Feels the same.

Too much moola for me right now. Time to test drive a G35.

Disoblige
12-17-2012, 07:41 PM

Too much moola for me right now. Time to test drive a boat.
fixed. :D

Chantastic
12-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Says the guy with the Z32 :D

If only Nissan would just build the S16 already... that way I may actually be able to afford a used one in due time

MGCM
12-17-2012, 11:34 PM
got the car, very happy so far :) perfect daily driver

Skyline_Addict
12-18-2012, 12:12 PM
congrats on the new car. i always enjoyed driving the type-s.

MGCM
12-18-2012, 11:54 PM
ended up with a 2002 base model, not even 24hours into ownership it has been parked at the shop awaiting diagnosis of a leak on the passenger side of the engine near the top. Discovered the leak after a belt started squeeling. I cannot tell what fluid it was, fingers crossed that tomorrow i can get a diaganosis and possible repair.........not a happy start to my ownership........im not ready to drop a ton of money into this so its just a giant kick in the nuts right now:banghead:

relyt92
12-19-2012, 12:35 AM
ended up with a 2002 base model, not even 24hours into ownership it has been parked at the shop awaiting diagnosis of a leak on the passenger side of the engine near the top. Discovered the leak after a belt started squeeling. I cannot tell what fluid it was, fingers crossed that tomorrow i can get a diaganosis and possible repair.........not a happy start to my ownership........im not ready to drop a ton of money into this so its just a giant kick in the nuts right now:banghead: Did you have an inspection done on the car?

MGCM
12-19-2012, 08:36 AM
circumstances prevent an inspection on this car, so EVERYONE JUST FUCKING SAY IT AND GET IT FUCKING OVER WITH "GET AN INSPECTION" There yay everyone kicked me in the nuts while im already down :) thx beyond can i have another?

Since im not perfect i will hope most of you who are also NOT PERFECT will not judge me for circumstances that prevented an inspection before purchase. If it drove perfect for a full 3 hours before it happened im gunna go with not a major problem because had it been one the car would have acted up sooner.

Lesson for beyond, nobody is perfect, and kicking a man when he is already down is not funny its wrong and immature. Im hoping the immaturity does not reappear in this thread. Past this post, its early and my situation is stressful so whatever is reflected in this post has been affected by the situation.

Disoblige
12-19-2012, 10:10 AM
circumstances prevent an inspection on this car, so EVERYONE JUST FUCKING SAY IT AND GET IT FUCKING OVER WITH "GET AN INSPECTION" There yay everyone kicked me in the nuts while im already down :) thx beyond can i have another?

Since im not perfect i will hope most of you who are also NOT PERFECT will not judge me for circumstances that prevented an inspection before purchase. If it drove perfect for a full 3 hours before it happened im gunna go with not a major problem because had it been one the car would have acted up sooner.

Lesson for beyond, nobody is perfect, and kicking a man when he is already down is not funny its wrong and immature. Im hoping the immaturity does not reappear in this thread. Past this post, its early and my situation is stressful so whatever is reflected in this post has been affected by the situation.
Relax, no one was trying to kick you when you're down.

I hope the repairs aren't too expensive. Good luck.

MGCM
12-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Relax, no one was trying to kick you when you're down.

I hope the repairs aren't too expensive. Good luck.

stress+addrenaline=disaster, an ongoing battle in my life, my bad

BigShow
12-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Whoah that sucks. Should of got the type s....jk. Let us know how it turns out.

89s1
12-19-2012, 05:07 PM
circumstances prevent an inspection on this car

What circumstances were these? Genuinely curious.

MGCM
12-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by 89s1

What circumstances were these? Genuinely curious.

if u want those details u would have to meet me for coffee or something, not willing to discuss that on an open forum.

gpomp
12-19-2012, 06:28 PM
:nut:

Chantastic
12-19-2012, 06:34 PM
All the best sir! Hope it isn't anything major. Keep us updated.

MGCM
12-19-2012, 11:42 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x311/midnightskynate/20121219_142347.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x311/midnightskynate/20121219_142353.jpg

anyone know a good body guy? suggestions on "what i should do" while appreciated the end result is a patch must happen immediately. If u know someone who knows automotive bodywork pm me.

403civic
12-20-2012, 02:04 AM
First of all. The person isn't using the correct lifting points in the picture.....
Neither did the guy who made those holes.
Lol

Team_Mclaren
12-20-2012, 02:26 AM
wait, so you found a leak but its actually a hole on the floor???

MGCM
12-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
wait, so you found a leak but its actually a hole on the floor???

dont know about the leak yet, may have only been a loose oil filter but i have to monitor for a few days/weeks.

what are the correct mounting points? pls do tell so i can ensure that is done from this point forward.

Deetz
12-20-2012, 09:13 AM
http://www.team-integra.net/images/BAEC1978-D3A7-4405-AB2D-2761DC15A96D/articles/matt_of_mi/jack/04.jpg

Disoblige
12-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Wait.. The hole was made by someone trying to use that area as a jack point (based purely my assumption btw)? I really hope not.. Seriously.

Skyline_Addict
12-20-2012, 10:12 AM

MGCM
12-20-2012, 10:14 AM
no real way to know how the hole was created, just need to fix it and not worry about how or when or why

403civic
12-20-2012, 06:16 PM
:popcorn:

MGCM
12-20-2012, 06:41 PM
i suppose it could have happened another way.......Nos.....lol paul walker style

89s1
12-20-2012, 10:10 PM
I thought that pic of the car with the huge hole was your old integra...

Holy fuck. That is the new car???

MGCM
12-20-2012, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by 89s1
I thought that pic of the car with the huge hole was your old integra...

Holy fuck. That is the new car???

unfortunately, yes..........as such im trying to find someone who has experience with this who might be able to help for a price. I know the basic plan of how tofix it but i lack tools and experience.

03ozwhip
12-20-2012, 11:14 PM
yikes man, i bet the guy you bought it from is laughing all the way to the bank when you decided not to do an inspection lol thats all i have to say, dont mean to make you feel bad....but, ya, im sure it did, good luck lol

z2two
12-20-2012, 11:51 PM
get an inspection, every single time. There is never an excuse. you're taking a risk by not taking one.

If there are circumstances preventing you from doing the inspection, hold off on buying the car! Hope you learned your lesson and i hope the problem isn't anything too major.

Maxx Mazda
12-21-2012, 12:03 AM
That hole could be patched up with some new metal welded in.

Disoblige
12-21-2012, 12:09 AM
There's something we don't know, that's a fact. Something MGCM won't disclose on here. Either way, pretty interested to see what happens and hoping the cost to repair isn't too high.

black300
12-21-2012, 12:41 AM
Well that's a shitty start to owning a car for only 24 hours, I wonder what else will go wrong with this car in the near future.

Goodluck, hopefully it's something not to bad.

MGCM
12-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
That hole could be patched up with some new metal welded in.

offering to help? im happy to pay, it must be fixed asap, right now its the only problem

gretz
12-21-2012, 11:51 AM
You can likely do it yourself with a drill, some rivets, a piece of gauge steel from any supplier, a hammer, and some seam sealer

Maxx Mazda
12-21-2012, 12:02 PM

offering to help? im happy to pay, it must be fixed asap, right now its the only problem

Can you pull the carpet and take a pic of the other side? I can weld a patch in for you if you get the sheet metal.

xnvy
12-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by black300
Well that's a shitty start to owning a car for only 24 hours, I wonder what else will go wrong with this car in the near future.

Goodluck, hopefully it's something not to bad. It is a shitty start. Can't wait to see the other exciting surprises in this car.

MGCM
12-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
It is a shitty start. Can't wait to see the other exciting surprises in this car.

no other surprises, needs brakes up front as almost every used car does and the rear brakes need a quick cleaning/machining and good to go. No leak has been found since the oil change so likely just a loose oil filter but time will tell. Still drives very smooth, turns good, drives straight, all the power shit works, nothing else is wrong with it

Deetz
12-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Shoot me a pm, i can help with brakes for you

xnvy
12-21-2012, 01:47 PM

no other surprises, needs brakes up front as almost every used car does and the rear brakes need a quick cleaning/machining and good to go. No leak has been found since the oil change so likely just a loose oil filter but time will tell. Still drives very smooth, turns good, drives straight, all the power shit works, nothing else is wrong with it That's all well and good but I'm still hoping it's a bigger POS than my old car. :devil:

MGCM
12-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
That's all well and good but I'm still hoping it's a bigger POS than my old car. :devil:

dont u still owe me a forza 4 race? quiet from the peanut gallery lol

Chantastic
12-21-2012, 05:30 PM
i suppose it could have happened another way.......Nos.....lol paul walker style

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/v195/fast_furious_024.jpg

MGCM
12-21-2012, 05:43 PM

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/v195/fast_furious_024.jpg

no no no u got it all wrong bro lol floorpan, not the whole car, the part where the laptop tells him danger manifold damage and he says shut and hits the next stage lol

Chantastic
12-21-2012, 06:10 PM
hahaha I thought of that first but I searched seriously for like a good fifteen minutes on google image and couldn't find that scene!

'eclipse blows up fast and the furious'
'nos blow up'
'fast and the furious eclipse too much nos'
'too much nos eclipse'

But I did find this :)

http://blog.motorcycle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/fast_and_the_furious_nos.jpg

MGCM
12-21-2012, 09:58 PM
so far i love this car, different powerband than the integra, hard to explain unless u have driven the base model of both. Id love to see about a few minor things like an SRI and maybe a way to clean up the factory tune? Long ways down the road but id love to research it and hear about other ppls experiences. Im about to sign up on club rsx, been poking around their site, im liking the info i find.