PDA

View Full Version : NUStart NU1000 remote problem

Bigfoot
12-13-2012, 08:40 PM
I have a 2007 KIA Sportage (automatic) and all of a sudden the remote starter NU1000 will not start the car. Lock/Unlock work fine.
I found an old thread that suggested it may be in Valet mode, but cannot seem to get it in or out of valet mode.

I downloaded the manual and have tried the lock/trunk buttons and the transmit light flashes but there does not seem to be any response.
Switching the ignition 5 times between ACC & On within 7 seconds, does not seem to do anything either.
The manual says the signal lights should blink when it goes into valet/programming mode but nothing happens.
Any suggestions???

Any idea where I could take this to have checked out. I bought the car used with the remote already installed so no idea where it was originally installed .. assume it was in Calgary, but not sure

Thanks in advance for any help! :confused:

silvercivicsir
12-19-2012, 11:34 PM
i had a car come in on the weekend, and same problem as you. put in valet, and then took it out of valet with the remote, and worked like a charm..

cycle the ign off on 5 times, lights flash, and then wait 10 secs for it flash again, and then press lock / trunk for 1/2 a second and see if it works..