PDA

View Full Version : Prescriptions at Costco?

heavyfuel
12-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Does anybody know if, vs. Superstore, the savings on prescription meds would be significant enough to justify getting a Costco membership? I never shopped there before. Thanks in advance.

Stevo89
12-15-2012, 12:45 PM
I don't believe you need a Costco membership to use the pharmacy. I have heard of people without Costco memberships who use the excuse that they are going to the pharmacy to actually get hotdogs and softserve :dunno: ?

Kritafo
12-15-2012, 12:55 PM
you do not need to have a Costco membership for prescriptions. Just tell them your are there to use the pharmacy.

kvg
12-15-2012, 12:57 PM
You do need a membership and it is cheaper than Superstore:thumbsup: Unless they scan the card for no reason:dunno:

heavyfuel
12-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
you do not need to have a Costco membership for prescriptions. Just tell them your are there to use the pharmacy.

Do they have door staff/admissions there or something?

Kritafo
12-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by kvg
You do need a membership and it is cheaper than Superstore:thumbsup: Unless they scan the card for no reason:dunno:

Call them, you don't need a membership to use the pharmacy.

My sister uses them all the time without a membership, you just have to tell them at the door you are there to use the pharmacy. The pharmacy will also ask you for your membership, you just have to tell them you do not have one, and they scan something in and you pay. They offer the cheapest dispensary rates

(403) 516-3701 go ahead call. This is the Beacon Hill location, it's where my sister always uses when she is visiting.

schocker
12-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by kvg
You don't need a membership, just tell them you are going to the pharmacy. Just tell the door people.

boxer23
12-15-2012, 02:53 PM
yup on even smaller prescriptions of $<20 you still save $3 mainly because of the dispensary rates, but its such a hassle going there and parking and walking through the herd of people. So unless you have a membership and are going to purchase other goods its not really worth it to go all the way there.