PDA

View Full Version : My wife is looking for part time work.

88jbody
12-16-2012, 08:13 PM
My wife is not happy at her current job, Looking for something in the panorama, harvest hills, deerfoot mall area of the city. She would like to get away from a cashier type job. she has Customer service experience, cashier experience, and grocery store experience.

she would like to try something different. anything from home cleaning, child care, or something else.

If anyone has any leads I would appreciate it

Maxx Mazda
12-17-2012, 12:55 AM
Have her be a CSA for one of the airlines at the Airport part time. Flight benefits are nice to have! :thumbsup:

ExtraSlow
12-17-2012, 07:16 AM
Or work at the car rental agencies. They typically get retards there, so if your wife is halfway capable, she'll do well.

Something at airport is a good call.

Rat Fink
12-17-2012, 08:18 AM

revelations
12-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Or work at the car rental agencies. They typically get retards there, so if your wife is halfway capable, she'll do well.

Something at airport is a good call.

^ this

If your wife is good in a fast paced environment, dealing with lots of business clients (repeat), she can do quite well.

The number of complete nubtards is amazing, and so was the turnover.

Half the time I was explaining their coverage to the CSR - we rented cars on a monthly basis for my former place of work and I was always dealing with the same issues (eg. reserved a truck, get a midsize car).

FixedGear
12-17-2012, 12:48 PM
What are her hobbies? Can she get a job working in that area? e.g. if she likes baking at home, maybe she can get a job working in a small mom n' pop bakery or something? or if she is into knitting, maybe she can work at a yarn store? if she likes working with kids, what about something at a local school (cafeteria, etc.)?

just making things up off the top of my head, but the point is that many people have a job just to have a job, but IMO it's much better to spend your time doing something you actually like doing. :thumbsup:

88jbody
12-17-2012, 10:10 PM
I had seen discount car rental hiring and mentioned it to her. But CSA is something I had not thought of. Her total bills a month are less than $600 and this is only because of a new car we just got her or it would be much less

03ozwhip
12-17-2012, 10:52 PM
i could probably get her a job if she wanted to drive to strathmore?

Disoblige
12-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
i could probably get her a job if she wanted to drive to strathmore?
Haha, something tells me she wouldn't want to drive 120 km round trip every time she works.

03ozwhip
12-18-2012, 11:39 AM
lol probably not, but at least theres an offer!

88jbody
12-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks, but the biggest reason she left her job in customer service for her current one is not enough time at home. so something with a commute like that just wouldn't work, unless the money is good then I could try and get her to, means she can start buying me nice things :)

Graham_A_M
12-18-2012, 10:41 PM
let me know if she'd be interested in some shipping/receiving clerical type job.