PDA

View Full Version : Help me reinstall windows 7 on my laptop.

spikerS
12-17-2012, 05:24 PM
OK, this is driving me crazy. I can't get anything to work.

I want to reinstall windows 7 professional onto my laptop. But here is the catch, I don't actually have a copy of the windows 7 CD.

Every file I have found on the net is different, and of course that makes me leery and MS does not seem to have a DL link I can find for it.

Anyone able to get me the current technet file or a proper link for it? I specifically want the file type that i can toss onto a 4gb usb key and boot from that.

I am running windows 7 professional 64bit.

anyone able to help me out?

revelations
12-17-2012, 10:14 PM
I have a W7 iso at home and DVD - I could meet you somewhere (nc of course).

Disoblige
12-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Laptop doesn't have hidden partition for OS factory restore?

I have W7 Professional (actual DVD installation disc from MS, 32 & 64 Bit) if you just want to end your search for it online.

Cos
12-18-2012, 10:45 AM

EK69
12-18-2012, 01:34 PM
http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/

I can't try to open the actual downloads on my phone to make sure they work tho but those are legit downloads for the iso

Then u gotta google for a guide how to make USB stick bootable with the files on it

//edit
This is a better link looks like
Digital river is legit (ignore weird file names just rename it)

Zorac
12-18-2012, 01:49 PM
i went throgh the same thing and still have windows on a sd card if you want to borrow that for your install.

spikerS
12-18-2012, 02:09 PM
actually, I got it figured out. was a fucking pain though, and to top it off, I don't think the copy of windows i downloaded had ANY drivers. Was a pain getting the thing onto the net to download them all, but it is up and running now.

I am pretty decent with computers, but this reinstall was the biggest bitch ever!

clem24
12-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Win7 is hands down the EASIEST to reinstall. Follow the links posted by EK69, then download this tool directly from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

Grab an 8GB USB Key and run the tool. Instantly makes a bootable thumbdrive. Go into BIOS and set to boot off the USB key. Doesn't get any easier than that.

spikerS
12-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Win7 is hands down the EASIEST to reinstall. Follow the links posted by EK69, then download this tool directly from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

Grab an 8GB USB Key and run the tool. Instantly makes a bootable thumbdrive. Go into BIOS and set to boot off the USB key. Doesn't get any easier than that.

oh yeah, and don't forget to tell it to run as an administrator to make the bootable usb drive, because if you don't it just gives you errors that make no sense, and give you no clue to do that...

that was one of my biggest problems...well, forgetting all about trying to run as an admin is up there too...:rolleyes:

codetrap
12-19-2012, 01:49 AM
PM'd you before I read the thread. Offer still stands though.