PDA

View Full Version : lighting guru's, let me your expertise!

spikerS
12-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Alright, so I am planning for next year already.

I am looking for a system that I can plug into my computer and program lighting to go with music. I have seen this done on other houses, and I want to try my hand at it as well.

Here is an example:\
vX13aBKV368
6ziZQSzk_F0

I don't want to do anything quite so elaborate, at least not to start. I am looking for resources, what kind of products can accomplish this, where I can find cheap or used gear to pull this off, ect ect ect.

If anyone is willing to take on a padewan learner and answer an TON of questions and do some remote hand holding, please let me know.

Just an FYI, I started to ask one FB friend and I think I pissed him off pretty good with my questions, so be prepared for an annoyance in your life until I get the hang of this.

MrSector9
12-17-2012, 07:11 PM
http://www.lightorama.com/

They sell a bunch of the stuff there, if you look around some places have better prices or better quality but depending some will not sell to the end user.

From these guys you can buy sets already with the programming and then start programming yourself.

That gundam style one is impressive, that would have taken a long time to program and get the timing correct with the "dance moves" part of the music.

I was thinking of doing some of these myself, I would be the only house on my block with xmas lights and they could also cause seizures.

AndyL
12-17-2012, 07:54 PM
I might join ya on this...

I'm planning to go with the arduino due (new cortex m3 powered arduino) - so I can automagically phase to music / strings / chords / base... To some SSRs and LED drivers.