PDA

View Full Version : Any tire repair shops open evenings?

Swank
12-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Looks like I have a leaky tire and would like to get it repaired but it will be tough to miss work cuz too many people are on vacation. Anyone know of tire repair shops open evenings? I'd like to get this done before the weekend.

If not, are there any Beyonders with a garage and experience patching tires that would be willing to help for a case of beer or something? Not sure how long it takes to do the work. Thanks in advance :)

A3GTiVR6SC
12-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Put your spare on an drop the wheel that needs the repair at a shop on your way to work? :dunno:

Or...

find the leak with some soapy water & if on tread, use a temporary plug repair for the time being until you can find time to take it to a shop for a proper repair.

spacerz
12-17-2012, 10:51 PM
If you take the wheel/tire off your car, Kal Tire repairs it for free!

Swank
12-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Removing a tire with no light and no dry, flat ground was a baffling 90 minute ordeal. Ever had a wheel rusted/frozen to your car? I was pulling so hard I almost took the car off the jack. If this video helps one other person then it was worth it (from 1:10-2:10). It saved the day for me, one hit and off it came.

cfKxXaR40IM

As a result I was already running late as fuck for work so I called up UrbanX and, big surprise, they were ready for me right away, fixed the tire, swapped it with the spare and had me on my way within 30 mins for just $25. Mega hats off to them once again.

spacerz
12-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Glad you figured it all out.

You can also loosen your lug nuts a tiny bit and drive the car a short distance (while swerving)...you'll feel when the wheel has broken loose from the hub.

IggyB
12-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by spacerz
Glad you figured it all out.

You can also loosen your lug nuts a tiny bit and drive the car a short distance (while swerving)...you'll feel when the wheel has broken loose from the hub.

:rofl:

Just put some Anti-Seize on the back of the rim next time you change them.

http://images.oreillyauto.com/parts/img/medium/per/80208c.jpg

Benny
12-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Swank
Removing a tire with no light and no dry, flat ground was a baffling 90 minute ordeal. Ever had a wheel rusted/frozen to your car? I was pulling so hard I almost took the car off the jack. If this video helps one other person then it was worth it (from 1:10-2:10). It saved the day for me, one hit and off it came.

I generally just sit facing the wheel and give it a good kick against the tire. Most of the time that takes it right off. That's a cool trick though.