PDA

View Full Version : Wind Mobile...very specific question.

eblend
12-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Hey guys,

Got a couple of quick questions about Wind that hopefully someone can help me out. First some background.

I am currently with Mobilicity and it works for the most part everywhere I am, at home, on the ctrain from Somerset downtown, and worked perfectly at my old workplace, so I was sufficiently satisfied given how much I was paying, had no issues that I couldn't overlook. 6 month ago I got a new job in a new building downtown and I only have mobilicity reception by my office window, not even when it is in my pocket sitting at my desk.

I borrowed one of the consultant's WIND sim card and have full reception in my office, and all over my building, including our server room. Now I don't really care too much if my phone is not with me at all times, but it is a slight inconvenience that I would rather not have, but before I commit to switching to Wind I need some answers.

1) Anyone commute the Somerset to downtown train line and browse the net ect? With mobilicity it worked from somerset until Shawnessy station, where it would be a dead spot for Data only, and then worked all the way downtown (not including tunnels) until you enter the core. From the core until about 1st street I had reception, but just barely, and data would take forever to load. Anyone with WIND who commuted on the train and can tell me if they have similar issues?

2) I noticed that WIND has premium data as well. Will I be able to use my standard wifi sharing on my phone for tethering, or do I have to have premium data for tethering?

3) Would you do pre or post pay plan?

4) This is a long shot, but anyone in Evergreen on Wind and can comment on reception here?