PDA

View Full Version : Need phone advice

Vr4Whore
12-22-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm currently with koodo and the plan is dogshit. It's an older blackberry curve, no data, talk and text plan ~$51/month

What I'm looking for - if this is not too far-fetched:

-one of the newer phones (galaxy S3/newer Iphone etc.)
-No 3 year contract
-under 300 dollars for the phone
-under 50/per month for usage
- I don't talk much, but text a lot
- I need internet

So far rogers has their phone for $30 but it comes with a 3 year contract.
Wind has S3 for 200, without contract but with a tab.

03ozwhip
12-22-2012, 09:55 PM
You're not going to find that. Best price right now anywhere is a 16gb iphone 5 for 79 on a 3 year. The reason phones are cheap is because of the length of contract, that's why its so expensive to buy a phone off contract, is because they lose out on the guaranteed 3 years service as opposed to only a 30 day guarantee.

black13
12-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Screw Rogers. Don't even think about those guys.

WIND is probably your best option for a good phone (S3). Yea its on a Tab but you can basically pay it off the longer you stay with them. And sell the phone whenever you want out to recoup the cost. Still saves you a ton over rogers.

If Wind or Mobilicity coverage might not match your needs, check out President Choice Mobile in Superstores. They run on Bell network. Only downside is the best phone they have is LG Optimus L5. Never tried it but can't be that bad. And their plans are decent.
http://www.pctelecom.ca/LCLOnline/rateplans_features.jsp

Jeeper1986
12-22-2012, 11:37 PM
why dont just go with fido there 2 year plan unlimited every thing with 2 gb data for only $57

kaput
12-22-2012, 11:52 PM

EK69
12-23-2012, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Jeeper1986
why dont just go with fido there 2 year plan unlimited every thing with 2 gb data for only $57
Best plan out there right now IMO
Unlimited canada wide calling
Unlimited texts/mms Canada and international
Caller id/vvm
2gb data
More I can't remember? :dunno:

And it's only $56 per month now
Go to superstore and the phone store inside is giving free razr hd (newer android) plus I read $200 gift card for groceries at superstore on a 2yr plan
Work it out and I read it equals around $51 a month or something once u take the savings into account.

U can also choose in month to month no contract and grab ur own phone off here or kijiji or wait for google nexus 4 to get back in stock

I'm thinking of porting over myself. The cancellation fee I would pay with Rogers is off set by the plan savings and gift card and free razr hd (awesome battery life since the batter is biggest available I think in a phone)

And I would have no issue signing the 2 yr contract for free phone plus gift card

Fido and Rogers are same towers and network (2g and higher)
Bell/telus/koodo/virgin use same towers (3G and higher, no 2g edge coverage available)

Telus/bell/koodo/virgin is better for rural coverage

Look at the fine print to find out overage charges if u go over 2gb data some months. 2gb is plenty tho I find. And if u go over some months, u pay like $10/gb with FIdo I believe.

//edit
Fido has first month too on the contract

Makes me think why I don't ditch Rogers ASAP lol
Best Rogers offered so far was $65 a month for same shit minus international texts but plus 1gb (3gb total).

Jeeper1986
12-23-2012, 02:11 AM
im with fido but 3 year term and i cant switch to the 2 year term even if i have 2 years left on my contract witch is dumb i think. I am also new with fido so im waiting tell im with them a bit longer then ill start to milk them