PDA

View Full Version : World Junior Hockey Championships 2013

dino_martini
12-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Anyone staying up/waking up early tonight for the kick off to the WJHC? Canada vs Germany, 2:30am our time. I have to admit, I was watching old WJHC highlights, and I felt a bit rusty watching hockey.

Benny
12-26-2012, 01:29 AM
I'm pretty tired but I'm definitely going to try and stay up for it. I could always watch the recap game later in the day but then I have to go on total media blackout for the day so I don't get the score ruined for me.

It is Germany though. If we take some retarded lead off the bat and it looks like it's in the bag, I'm going to sleep.

403ep3
12-26-2012, 01:30 AM
It's just Germany but I think I will wake up in two hours to watch it..maybe all.

dino_martini
12-26-2012, 02:41 AM
It is just Germany. I agree, if Canada takes a big lead, I will probably go to sleep. But at the same time, I haven't watched hockey in a while so its a little more interesting for me than usual.

beyond_ban
12-26-2012, 03:14 AM
I am up and ready to watch. Just brewed some coffee haha

VWEvo
12-26-2012, 03:38 AM
yup, stayed awake!!!

Finally meaningful hockey!!!

My_name_is_Rob
12-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Yep, game on Canada! Good start so far. :thumbsup:

Team_Mclaren
12-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Can't believe they are starting subban. And the majority of eastern players over players from the W. The selection camp was really disappointing.

heinz256
12-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Go Canada!!!

D'z Nutz
12-26-2012, 04:32 AM
Damn I wish I had the channel :(

My_name_is_Rob
12-26-2012, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Damn I wish I had the channel :(

What channel? I'm watching it online... And not on TSN

jdmakkord
12-26-2012, 10:37 AM
It's replaying on tsn right now if anyone wants to catch it.

Dave P
12-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Hope Edmonton enjoys there communist 1st round pick. I hope he stays in Russia for ever. Doesn't deserve to play in North America...... When ever hockey returns

nonofyobiz
12-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Post Game #1 thoughts

-nice to see the number 1 line clicking, That will be super important for them to have chemistry if we are to have any chance.
-Goaltending - all 3 goals by Germany were quality chances given up by the Canadian defence, but I was a little dissappointed that Subban hadn't come up with a big save of one of those. I was happy that he at least got that big save later in the game on that cross crease pass.

Overall a decent game, but far from perfect. Its a good thing our schedule starts slow and ramps up towards the end. I feel like this group needs time to get going.

r3ccOs
12-26-2012, 10:41 PM
how... did canada lose the first spengler game w/

seguin
smyth
bergeron
tavares
spezza
duchene

Mibz
12-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Dave P
Hope Edmonton enjoys there communist 1st round pick. I hope he stays in Russia for ever. Doesn't deserve to play in North America...... When ever hockey returns Because he called the team with the most penalty minutes last year dirty? Grow up.

Dave P
12-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
Because he called the team with the most penalty minutes last year dirty? Grow up.

Canada gave that kid everything he has. And he will make a hell of a living playing here. Should of just kept his mouth shut. Typical Russian IMO

Mibz
12-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Dave P
Typical Russian IMO Oh lawd

Type_S1
12-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Anyone feel Subban isn't the right guy in net this year?

Been a goalie for a long time now and he has been extremely weak from what I have seen. I am very nervous for Canada going up against a team with any type of scoring power.

Dave P
12-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
Oh lawd

After last nights game, I may retract my original statement hahaha.

GO CANADA GO!!!! :D

GS430
12-28-2012, 09:25 AM
These "typical russian" and "commie" comments are fucking retarded..

He's entitled to his opinion, that shows Nail has the balls to stand up and say what he thinks.

Originally posted by Type_S1

Been a goalie for a long time now and he has been extremely weak from what I have seen. I am very nervous for Canada going up against a team with any type of scoring power.

Totally agreed. He had some great saves and moments during the game vs. Germany, but he did look pretty shaky at times. Might just be nerves, and they'll settle as the tourney progresses.

sl888
12-28-2012, 08:06 PM

He's been very weak since selection camp. I don't know how he's the starter.

403ep3
12-30-2012, 03:05 AM
Here is the game I've been waiting for.. Who else is watching? Making me gf watch it and she probably will pass out haha

Recca168
12-30-2012, 03:32 AM
waiting for it to start

D'z Nutz
12-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Man, The Nuge has been insane this series. As a hockey fan, it really excites me to see this young player tear shit up. However as a Flames fan, it also depresses me to no end :cry:

nonofyobiz
12-30-2012, 12:57 PM
power play very disappointing!!!!

Type_S1
12-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Seems like there aren't many real hockey fans on beyond, as expected, due to lack of response in this thread haha.

To the real hockey fans...Nug looks good but that is expected, come on he played in the NHL and put up above average numbers there. The person on Canada who I am impressed by, as I was last year, is Strome. Guys got a great head on his shoulders.

I wish we could trade subban for gibbons as well. Gibbons made some key saves to keep the US in it today. Subban played well but the US didnt have an spectacular chances.

vengie
12-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Overall I thought Canada played well, they weathered the US storm at the beginning of each period and pushed back strong.
One thing I noticed was too many times they were in prime scoring real estate but made that one extra pass to be fancy and lost the puck. Also Nuge is getting pumped on the face off.

It's nice to see Subban step up and show his critics he can play, here's hoping he can maintain that level of play.

Type_S1
12-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Did you watch the same game I did vengie? Subban wasn't tested at all during the game. Te Canadian defense did very well to limit any decent chances from the slot or close in.

Subban has yet to be tested in my eyes.

vengie
12-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Did you watch the same game I did vengie? Subban wasn't tested at all during the game. Te Canadian defense did very well to limit any decent chances from the slot or close in.

You're right, I must have watched the wrong game!!

Do you not remember some of the spread out toe saves? Second period just after the first US goal, faced 8 shots on a single US power play (2 or 3 good scoring opportunities), made some solid positional saves in the last 2 minutes.

Remember type s1, just because his saves aren't flashy doesn't mean he didn't play well. Positioning is key, especially on a big surface, he was always in position to make the save.

He was also selected player of the game my Team Canada executives...

Type_S1
12-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Lol you speak like I don't know hockey. I am a goalie. I coach goalies. He did nothing impressive in this game. He had good positioning which every goalie at this caliber should. He played a solid game but in no way did he play outstanding.

Apparently you don't know the game like I do. Re watch the game and tell me where he was impressive and did something any of team Canada's goalies wouldn't have.

vengie
12-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Lol you speak like I don't know hockey. I am a goalie. I coach goalies. He did nothing impressive in this game. He had good positioning which every goalie at this caliber should. He played a solid game but in no way did he play outstanding.

Apparently you don't know the game like I do. Re watch the game and tell me where he was impressive and did something any of team Canada's goalies wouldn't have.

Haha I could care less about your skill level and hockey knowledge! I expressed my opinion on how I interpreted his play! Not sure why you got defensive hahah! Can't say I'm a goalie, but I've played a game or two in my life. ;)

SOAB
12-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Subban proved that he is the #1 this morning. the only one to get past him was deflected TWICE.

he made many great saves that would have turned the tide of the game if the US had scored.

Type_S1
12-30-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm not getting defensive at all. People just need to actually pay attention to what is actually going on. A guy could make 200 saves and i would say he wasnt tested if they are all from the perimeter.

vengie
12-30-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm not getting defensive at all. People just need to actually pay attention to what is actually going on. A guy could make 200 saves and i would say he wasnt tested if they are all from the perimeter.

And so what?? It should be a good thing your tender hasn't been tested. That means your team did a good job shutting them down.

Or should we say the firepower the US is just terrible because they couldn't put Subban to the test?

I still think Subban did a good job stepping up, he made some key saves at key moments of the game.

Agree to disagree.

Type_S1
12-30-2012, 06:47 PM
That is exactly what I said in my previous post, the Canadian defense did very well today to limit the US chances.

Subban made saves every single goalie in this tournament should have. Gibbon for the US on the other hand made some saves that should have been in the net. This is what separates a good goalie from a great goalie. If you can't understand my point here you don't understand goalies...so yes agree to disagree.

I am quite interested to see how subban holds up against the russians who have some real snipers. I've watched the Russians play though and it seems they have so much talent but can't play as a team.

vengie
12-30-2012, 07:14 PM
That is exactly what I said in my previous post, the Canadian defense did very well today to limit the US chances.

Subban made saves every single goalie in this tournament should have. Gibbon for the US on the other hand made some saves that should have been in the net. This is what separates a good goalie from a great goalie. If you can't understand my point here you don't understand goalies...so yes agree to disagree.

I am quite interested to see how subban holds up against the russians who have some real snipers. I've watched the Russians play though and it seems they have so much talent but can't play as a team.

I do understand what you're saying, I've been around high level hockey for a long time.
Subban did make some of those big saves as well, on several occasions. However his positioning and squareness to the puck meant he didn't have to sprawl all over, couple that with his excellent rebound control in the game and that is one area that allowed Canada to be successful.

I to am interested to see how we play against Russia, they do deviate from a team game quite a bit (every Russian wants to be in the limelight) but they'll have to play as a team against Canada. Its Russia's game to lose.

SOAB
12-30-2012, 07:15 PM
that's just your opinion. and frankly, i think you're wrong and i don't give a shit about your "credentials".

i agree that Gibbons was pretty good today but i give credit where credit is due, and Subban stepped up his game today. a big save on a break-away, a cross-crease toe save, a few deflections that all could have ended up in our net if he wasn't playing well.

i agree that the Canadians played better defensively today but it's not like they d-men were a wall today. the US had possession in our zone for seemingly minutes at a time and our d-men couldn't clear the puck or make a play to a forward.

i'm curious if the 2 american players will be suspended for the hit-to-the-head penalties that were assessed. i guarantee that if it was a Canadian player, they would be suspended. maybe its because our players got up and didn't pretend that they were injured.

max_boost
12-30-2012, 07:57 PM
The Russians are coming! Can't wait. Yakupov is going to get nailed. :D :goflames:

sl888
12-30-2012, 09:49 PM
I didn't watch the game but did see the highlights. Based on that, I have to agree with Type_S1, Subban played well but was not impressive. He had good positioning but that's about it. Also, another weak goal.

I find his lateral movements and rebound control to be weak. I believe he's gonna have a hard time against the Russians.

SKR
12-30-2012, 09:49 PM
1. Why doesn't the goalie expert know the American goalie is named Gibson, and not Gibbons?
2. 36 saves against a good American team is a good, solid, #1 outing. I wanted Binnington to be the #1 at the start of the tournament, but Subban played exactly the game he needs to. The revolving door goalie carousel fuckaround that we've been doing the last three years hasn't worked. We don't need our goalies to be amazing, they just have to be dependable. Subban was all of that this game.
3. Of the three leagues, I've always felt that the WHL produces the best goalies and defencemen. I wish we had more players from the Dub.

vengie
12-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by sl888
I didn't watch the game but did see the highlights. Based on that, I have to agree with Type_S1, Subban played well but was not impressive. He had good positioning but that's about it. Also, another weak goal.

I find his lateral movements and rebound control to be weak. I believe he's gonna have a hard time against the Russians.

You come to that conclusion based on a few highlights from the game??? Hahha you should probably watch the whole game. He had great rebound control and if he couldn't cover it, the puck was deflected into a corner out of harms way.

403ep3
12-31-2012, 01:17 AM
He had a good game but he wasn't great. He did well with controlling the rebounds and making sure there weren't many second chances. There was some great saves that he made but nothing too spectacular. The US goalie, I think, is a much better goalie and moves better in the net. Subban seems kind of slow and stiff when in net.

The Russians will be interesting..

D'z Nutz
12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Fuck yeah, Canada Jr beats the Russians and Canada Sr wins the Spengler Cup. :clap:

SKR
12-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Another solid game from Subban. Not a bunch of highlight reel shit, just regular stopping the puck. Which is what good goaltending is. It's not measured by how many big saves he has. If you get in front of the puck before it's shot by good positioning, there's no need for any acrobatic saves, and you'll stop more that way too.

sl888
12-31-2012, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by vengie

You come to that conclusion based on a few highlights from the game??? Hahha you should probably watch the whole game. He had great rebound control and if he couldn't cover it, the puck was deflected into a corner out of harms way.
I think I saw most of his better saves on the few highlight reels online. Don't get me wrong, he played good but it is nothing impressive to see someone perform how he should've from the start. Let's hope he stays this way cause we need gold!

Anyone wanna PM me a reliable link to stream/watch games online. I can't get the TSN PPV over here in the UK.

vengie
12-31-2012, 01:48 PM
another great overall game!
Subban made some key saves again! I also like how well he plays the puck, almost like having a 6th man.

Bring on the Semi's!! :bigpimp:

SOAB
12-31-2012, 02:41 PM
an awesome game overall by all the players. Subban played awesome yet again. only the one huge brainfart that cost us a goal but an almost perfect 3 period to close out the win.

sputnik
12-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Nice to see two Winnipeg Jets draft picks leading the tournament in goal scoring... especially considering one (Trouba) is a d-man.

Team_Mclaren
01-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Team Canada.... EPIC FAIL!!!!

From the selection camp onward... it was destined to fail.

Kobe
01-03-2013, 05:01 AM
4-1.....

403ep3
01-03-2013, 05:03 AM
TUrned off..not worth losing sleep to watch them play like shit!

Please end lockout!!!!

Type_S1
01-03-2013, 05:15 AM
Subban playing like shit when it matters...who could have ever guessed this one guys?

When he is actually tested the pucks start going in...hmmmmm...

heinz256
01-03-2013, 05:20 AM
On the bright side, can't wait to see Johnny Gaudreau in a flames uni :goflames:

Team_Mclaren
01-03-2013, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by SKR

3. Of the three leagues, I've always felt that the WHL produces the best goalies and defencemen. I wish we had more players from the Dub.

sorry late on this post, but the only W goalie that was in the selection camp was dropped. Laurent Brossoit, who arguably was the best goalie throughout camp.

IMO the coaches of this year's WJC team did a terrible job overall. From dropping the talents from the Western league to starting Subban, they got exactly what they deserved.

r3ccOs
01-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

sorry late on this post, but the only W goalie that was in the selection camp was dropped. Laurent Brossoit, who arguably was the best goalie throughout camp.

IMO the coaches of this year's WJC team did a terrible job overall. From dropping the talents from the Western league to starting Subban, they got exactly what they deserved.

Brossoit is very good, but what a prick... maybe I'm bias'd but he's a whiner at all the Oil Kings games I've seen

team canada came off flat at the wrong time... if it were still the round robin, we'd be okay, like our Olympic team in 10

now we have to watch the US make hundreds of movies, novels, bios about the 2nd Miracle to happen to them

Type_S1
01-03-2013, 08:08 AM
To everyone before acting like they know hockey/goaltending...eat it.

Watched the game and now the replays twice...a great goaltender could have won Canada in this game, a good goaltender could have kept it close, Subban failed miserably.

Now let me caveat by saying the Canadian offence was not on today and the defence was lacking compared to the previous games vs. the US & Russia. Situations like today is where a goaltender can shine and steal the show. Unfortunately, the coaching staff of this team made an extemely brutal mistake by even bringing Subban to the tourny let alone starting him. The best goalie for Canada isn't even at the tournament.

Oh well, heres to a Canada/Russia bronze that will be like the Punch-up in Piestany

SKR
01-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Watched the game and now the replays twice...a great goaltender could have won Canada in this game, a good goaltender could have kept it close, Subban failed miserably.

How the fuck could they have won when they scored 0 goals? God you're useless.

SOAB
01-03-2013, 08:54 AM

Now let me caveat by saying the Canadian offence was not on today and the defence was lacking compared to the previous games vs. the US & Russia. Situations like today is where a goaltender can shine and steal the show. Unfortunately, the coaching staff of this team made an extemely brutal mistake by even bringing Subban to the tourny let alone starting him. The best goalie for Canada isn't even at the tournament.

Oh well, heres to a Canada/Russia bronze that will be like the Punch-up in Piestany

Please... why weren't you here shooting your mouth off after the Canada vs Russia game when Subban played great and only let in 1 goal that was a perfect shot from the slot that NOBODY would've stopped?

last time i looked, hockey was a TEAM sport, and if the rest of the team leaves the goaltender out to dry, this is the result.

max_boost
01-03-2013, 09:05 AM
This can be settled lol type_s1 can tend for my shinny and you guys can come out and blast on him :D

vengie
01-03-2013, 09:06 AM

This post is hilarious! Haha get off your high horse! I didn't watch the game as I work this morning, but as SOAB mentioned it is a team
Game... And I guarantee Gibson had a terrific game. Sucks for Subban and team Canada but shit happens. He is 19 years old and if anything will learn from this game and tournament. Was he the best pick? IMO no he was not, but the coaching staff went with him as they saw something we didn't.

I guess you've never been blown out once in your hockey career?? If not then I assume you have not played a very high level, and spew smoke out your ass. If so, We're you the one to blame? Or did you pass the blame onto your team. ;)

P.s strap your pads on, and I'll light you up until you've had enough... Trust me.

DJ Lazy
01-03-2013, 09:23 AM
http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/88/a88f1d922a466bd6bcf5331e1a423b25/l.jpg

Type_S1
01-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Vengie, it is a team sport, but individuals need to perform well for a team to work. Our argument on Subban was that you thought he was great and played amazing and my point was that he was not tested and I didn't believe he was the guy who should be playing.

He shit the bed in 3/5 games, his defence played amazing in the first us game and he made some awesome saves vs Russia but again, canadian defence limited scoring opportunities. This game he was finally tested and it showed. At least we can both agree he wasn't the right guy for the job. Coaching staff is to blame in my opinion because he wasn't meant to be in this tournament in the first place.

I have had bad games, of course I have. You know what though? I would always admit when I played bad and do not have to hide behind someone blaming the defence. I've also had games where I stood on my head a single handedly won games for my team.

What league/div do you play in Vengie? Maybe I will come out for a game.

JRSC00LUDE
01-03-2013, 10:32 AM
P.s strap your pads on, and I'll light you up until you've had enough... Trust me.

It is on.

Like. Donkey. Fucking. Kong.

rage2
01-03-2013, 10:52 AM
I like how everyone's giving Type_S1 a hard time, when he's the only one that called out the goaltending since the beginning of the thread.

I wish we could trade subban for gibbons as well. Gibbons made some key saves to keep the US in it today. Subban played well but the US didnt have an spectacular chances.

vengie
01-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by rage2
I like how everyone's giving Type_S1 a hard time, when he's the only one that called out the goaltending since the beginning of the thread.

Goaltending is a piece of the puzzle... Where were our big names? Nugent Hopkins, schieffle, hunerdeau, Murphy, etc... NOONE showed up!

I'd also venture to guess nugent hopkins had one of the lowest face off percentages in the tournament! He was terrible in the circle! (Page from the type_s1 book) I'm a centerman...

Last I checked hockey is a team game. All great goaltenders will have bad games. It's the nature of the game.

JRSC00LUDE
01-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Last I checked hockey is a team game. All great goaltenders will have bad games. It's the nature of the game.

Isn't that what he said in his last response? He is consistently making the better argument of the two of you, I'll give him that.

Of course it's a team game but as you know, when the team is playing weak it's the #1 goalie who can steal the show and save the game.

If Subban would have kept it even, or 2-1, it would have been a different game. As a player you should know how much easier it is to come back from a 1 goal deficit than a 3 or 4 goal one. When you're already playing a bad game 1 goal is manageable, several become demoralizing. When your #1 goalie stands on his head and saves your ass a few times, it builds the team back up again.

I don't know man, I think you're arguing for the sake of not wanting to be wrong. Subban played some good solid hockey and he looked great some of the time. He did neither of those things ALL of the time and, just as predicted, when the stove got hot he got burned. When he needed to be bailed out by strong defence and some offence, he got it. When the team needed to be bailed out by strong goaltending, they didn't get it. Case closed.

max_boost
01-03-2013, 11:51 AM
I challenge Type_S1 to come out to one of my shinny's haha Goalies play for free. There will be no D played, my crew is mostly beginners with a few Junior A/B/C guys and I'm sure the better Beyonders will come out to see this too. It'll be like an All-Star game. :D

m10-power
01-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Well that was expected, thanks PVR for saving me from having to endure watching the whole game.

S1 is bang on Subban was terrible this game, and was not very good in others just the team was playing better. The rest of the team hardly showed up for this game which only highlighted Subban as the wrong choice.

Need to make some serious changes from the coaching up in hockey canada, seems the last bunch of years they brought the wrong combination of a team.

Bring big defencemen that are slow and easily beaten then they better be thundering hitters. I can't even recall a decent hit past the second game.

Also leave the star players with NHL contracts at home, they can't seem to be bothered to shine when it matters.

Type_S1
01-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the few people who actually responded without arguing and read my posts with a reasonable head on their shoulders.

I am not trying to make a huge debate, I am simply making a point from my experience playing and coaching the game. Subban was given the opportunity to shine and did not even twinkle. He shouldn't have been in net and I am sure even his own team may agree.

I am an out of shape goalie riddled with health problems that helps talented younger ones out now, not so much an Allstar myself anymore hahaha. Not afraid to come out and take some shots though! :)

austic
01-03-2013, 03:33 PM
well look on the bright side, nobody outside of Canada will even know Canada lost to the Americans...

m10-power
01-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Go Sweden go!

sl888
01-03-2013, 05:17 PM
That game was embarrassing. Hope we don't shit the bed against Russia too or we'll never hear the end of it.

Flames fans should be happy, Gaudreau and Granlund are playing well.

88CRX
01-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I challenge Type_S1 to come out to one of my shinny's haha Goalies play for free. There will be no D played, my crew is mostly beginners with a few Junior A/B/C guys and I'm sure the better Beyonders will come out to see this too. It'll be like an All-Star game. :D

I wonder how many beyonder's would be riffling pucks high :rofl:

95teetee
01-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by rage2

and what's your point?

Because goaltending didn't cost this team the gold medal, this team cost this team the gold medal.

kertejud2
01-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Perhaps it is time for TSN and the like to not treat these guys like they've won anything before a puck has been dropped.

The coaching seemed to treat them similar as well. Nothing seemed based on merit, just the idea of what should work and who he liked (Murphy).

max_boost
01-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Too much pressure. Is there any fun in winning it all the time? :nut: :dunno:

vengie
01-03-2013, 07:04 PM

I play Div 1 men's league in the WRAHL, nothing fancy, but it gets me out once a week. I'll be out for a month or so though as I just broke my clavicle :s

I also went back and re read some of your responses from this morning, and we definitely do see eye to eye on some things (hard to read everything on an iPhone screen) and I also do agree that Subban wasn't the right guy for the job, but you can't throw him under the bus or blame the loss on him (saying this without having seen the game). I have the game pvr'd and will watch it tonight for my overall thoughts on it.

However, what bothered me was the high and mighty "I possess all the hockey knowledge, I coach so I know more" attitude you came into the thread with. Water under the bridge

btimbit
01-03-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm actually surprised Canada even made it to the Bronze game to be honest. Also definitely thought Russia would take Gold.

Bronze game sure will be an interesting one now though

Type_S1
01-03-2013, 08:50 PM
We just had a miscommunication vengie.

he didn't cost them the game because in the end the team played bad. My opinion was he also played bad and a great goalie could have rose to the occasion and shined, he is a below average goalie for this level of play.

Didn't mean to be on my high horse just after watching that game felt the need to say my piece. I definitely do not know everything about the game, I simply know a ton about goalies and knew this would happen from the start.

Type_S1
01-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by btimbit
I'm actually surprised Canada even made it to the Bronze game to be honest. Also definitely thought Russia would take Gold.

Bronze game sure will be an interesting one now though

Russia didnt play as a team at all. Most talented for sure but everyone has the one man team attitude haha. The bronze will be one for the ages me thinks.

m10-power
01-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by btimbit
Also definitely thought Russia would take Gold.

Did you watch any of the games? Russians were a team of individuals trying to do it all themselves.

Will be interesting to see who starts in net for the team canada...

canada will smoke them if they show up

nonofyobiz
01-04-2013, 06:18 PM
I understand Subban didn't play OUT OF HIS MIND great, which is what would have been neccesary to keep Canada in this game, but NONE of those goals were at all his fault. the entire TEAM played like absolute horseshit the entire game. The only goal I moaned about as if he should have saved it was the fourth. The first 3 the defence completely let him down, and to the American's credit they put their shots EXACTLY where they needed to be. The Americans were just about perfect today and we were WAY off. They seemed to have all the time in the world when they had the puck in our end. How many times did the defence break down and the U.S. didn't score or couldn't slip the puck over to the wide open guy?

IT's amazing how such a high calibre team could come out so SOOO FLAT and completely out of sync in such an important game. It's pretty much the biggest game of their lives and something they all dream about....it blows me away.

You can't even begin a conversation about Subban with the way the team played in front of him. In fact, if the defence would have just got the fuck out of the way we would have been better off. Like I said, American shots were bloody PERFECT and we completely botched all our chances. Ya, if Subban came up with a couple beauties on the 3rd and 4th goal and we actually put in a couple of our chances the game would have been much different.

Overall, just a HUGE dissappointment in Team Canada's performance for the 3rd straight year. It's not even like they are playing good hockey and losing close games. They are getting destroyed in an embarrassing way!

I also think Canada will SMOKE the Russians. Russia will more likely fall apart and Canada will be more likely to come out like they have something to prove.

....and the good news...JOHNNY FUCKING GAUDREAU!!! eh? ...and Markus Grandlund had a good tourny too. Finally someone for Flames fans to talk about

SKR
01-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by nonofyobiz
I understand Subban didn't play OUT OF HIS MIND great, which is what would have been neccesary to keep Canada in this game, but NONE of those goals were at all his fault.

The fourth goal definitely was his fault, and we really could have had him stop the third too. The first two weren't his fault.

However, even if he stopped the last two, we were fucked. The only goal we "scored" was a goal that's never been allowed ever in the history of hockey. There was exactly zero percent chance that we were going to win that game after the puck dropped. The whole team shit its pants.

I didn't like Subban to start with, but he did his part against the US and Russia in the third and fourth tournament games. I didn't have any problem with him starting in the semifinal, and still wouldn't if I knew that the rest of the team was going to play like there was something to play for.

kertejud2
01-04-2013, 07:29 PM

Russia didnt play as a team at all. Most talented for sure but everyone has the one man team attitude haha. The bronze will be one for the ages me thinks.

If Yakupov plays in Edmonton like he did this entire tourney, he'll be joining the likes of Zherdev, Radulov and Filatov back in the KHL pretty quickly.

I for one look forward to it.

asp integra
01-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2

If Yakupov plays in Edmonton like he did this entire tourney, he'll be joining the likes of Zherdev, Radulov and Filatov back in the KHL pretty quickly.

I for one look forward to it.

haha exactly what i was thinking

Type_S1
01-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Yakupov will play the way he is coaches to play. He has a much better attitude than other Russians and is use to the North American game already. He will come in next season with very good scoring numbers for a rookie.

Team_Mclaren
01-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Man I'm liking this Type_s1 guy, I seem to agree with everything he has to say about hockey.... hahah

Yakupov gave up playing in the KHL to play in the O, he's been coached and played under the North American style. He's basically made for the NHL.

Team_Mclaren
01-05-2013, 05:55 AM
Well, thats that. You can totally tell that its junior hockey with the number of mistakes both teams made.

Hopefully Hockey Canada can learn something from this, and pick better players/coaches to represent the country.

D'z Nutz
01-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Blow the team up. Time to rebuild. Trade Nugent-Hopkins and bring in some assests :rofl:

nonofyobiz
01-05-2013, 10:15 AM
well so much for Binnington :thumbsdow

Canada's defence is just super soft. That Ryan Murphy guy SUCKS. He gave the puck away so many times and is a pylon (example the OT goal).

And really, it was the defence who couldn't move the puck out of the zone against the US.

anyways, on to the world championship!!!

SOAB
01-05-2013, 11:39 AM
what Hockey Canada needs to do is stick with some WHL coaches and players. haha.

seems like the Eastern guys just aren't getting it done.