PDA

View Full Version : Need Help w/ New Washer to Stack w/ Old Dryer

Mattloaf
12-31-2012, 10:56 PM
One of my rental units washers is dying a slow death and I want to replace it before it goes. The set is an older GE stackable set and the dryer is great. I'd like to keep the dryer and stack a new washer under it if possible but I've been searching google like crazy and can't find anything compatible for the dryer model number. I'd go into Sears or Home Depot for some advice but I'm currently out of the country.

If you guys know a good website that could help me out with this or can point me in a direction for a universal stacking kit that'd be great.

The dryer model number I'd like to keep is:

psxh43ev1ww

Thanks!

firebane
01-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Dryers always go on the bottom due to weight. Washers always on top.

Which is probably why you can't find any compatible.

SR54RNR
01-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by firebane

I agree with your comment about weight, however the washer weighs considerably more than the dryer, and in my experience, the washer is almost always on the bottom of the stacked set.

AE92_TreunoSC
01-01-2013, 11:08 AM
I've never seen a washer on top, especially the side loading because sometimes they put concrete slabs in them to make them heavier haha. The dry can operate sideways but a washer needs to be low and level for harmonics and vibration.

Cos
01-01-2013, 11:11 AM

89coupe
01-01-2013, 11:12 AM

I think you are confused.

Sugarphreak
01-01-2013, 01:17 PM

Ven
01-01-2013, 01:36 PM
MABE Appliances over by Shaw GMC has a lot of NOS GE washers and dryers for reasonable prices, and quite a few are discounted because of a ding or scratch. They had a matched washer to my 6 year old GE stack set when my tenants washer crapped out. Prices were reasonable too.

Weapon_R
01-01-2013, 02:01 PM
What exact set do you have? My friend bought a bunch of GE Spacemaker stacking units from an auction and I think he has a couple left.

Mattloaf
01-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
What exact set do you have? My friend bought a bunch of GE Spacemaker stacking units from an auction and I think he has a couple left.

No idea about the name of it, but the model number is in the original post. Can you PM me your friends details? I'll contact him to see if the model numbers match up.

In the meantime, thanks Cos for the heads up about MasonCGY. I'll definitely follow up with that!

Alterac
01-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Its a GE, and the Real (Americian) part number is:

dsxh43ev1ww

http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/ge-hotpoint/20338-fixed-bang-bang-bang.html

Mitsu3000gt
01-02-2013, 12:39 PM

It's the other way around. The dryer weighs much less - washer always on the bottom. The washer also gets considerably heavier with water in it.

Darell_n
01-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Why not just fix the old washer? Quick and much cheaper. Everybody always wants to throw shit out.

Mattloaf
01-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. The washer fully crapped out today but with your help I should be able to get something for them writhing 24 hours.

Darell_n - What makes you so sure that wasn't my first step? I'm not sure how many landlords out there would be very successful if they automatically threw things out as soon as things showed signs of age. I don't own property just to dump my disposable income into it, believe it or not I'd like to make some money off these things! ;):rofl: