PDA

View Full Version : Accounting 317 w/ Wayne Irvine in spring

ksb
01-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Anyone take this class with Wayne Irvine in spring?

How is it?

Should I take it with a different prof in the fall instead?

BrknFngrs
01-01-2013, 11:47 PM
If you're an accounting major and are looking for the best learning experience then Wayne is hands down the person that you want to learn from.

That being said, he's definitely not the easiest prof if you're just looking to get through.

Civic_Drift
01-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Wayne explained the concepts well especially if it's your first time seeing accounting material.

ksb
01-02-2013, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Civic_Drift
Wayne explained the concepts well especially if it's your first time seeing accounting material.

How did you end up doing?

Civic_Drift
01-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by ksb

How did you end up doing?

I finished with an A.

ksb
01-02-2013, 06:14 PM

I finished with an A.

nice man.

would you recommend taking it in the spring though?

Kramerica
01-03-2013, 10:05 AM
I took 317 with Wayne in spring and it was fairly laid back. I would definitely recommend taking it with him over Lakra. Wayne does teach some more tedious courses further down the accounting concentration but his 317 course was pretty easy.

energie88
01-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Wayne is awesome. I highly recommend him. Although, I never had the chance to take the course with him, I often ditched Lakra's class to attend his lectures.

8baller8
01-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Doesnt really matter who teaches it....Its all textbook, practice questions, etc. How much you work is what you will get out of this class.

Just take the class in spring.

Chandler_Racing
01-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
If you're an accounting major and are looking for the best learning experience then Wayne is hands down the person that you want to learn from.

That being said, he's definitely not the easiest prof if you're just looking to get through.

Agreed.

Wayne is one of the best teachers I had. This was 10 years +/- ago but don't expect anything would have changed.

Civic_Drift
01-04-2013, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by ksb

nice man.

would you recommend taking it in the spring though?

It has its pros and cons depending on the type of student you are. It's good that you only have to focus on one class in spring but you do have to cram a lot in 2 months.

eggstatic
01-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Well I just finished 317 with Wayne and I was scared shitless. People told me it was the hardest 317 but it`s really easy (especially with Wayne). I ended up qith an A+ in the class, he actually bumped up my final mark so that I could get it. Just go to class and ask him if you need help, study a lot and take advantage of the online questions and you should be fine.

nicknolte
01-08-2013, 07:09 PM

Backed

His notes package is really handy

ksb
01-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by eggstatic
Well I just finished 317 with Wayne and I was scared shitless. People told me it was the hardest 317 but it`s really easy (especially with Wayne). I ended up qith an A+ in the class, he actually bumped up my final mark so that I could get it. Just go to class and ask him if you need help, study a lot and take advantage of the online questions and you should be fine.

thought that said A- and said nice then say it was a +

good job man! :clap: :clap:

Civic_Drift
01-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by eggstatic

Good job!!

I thought Finance or Marketing 317 was supposed to be the hardest according to people but I haven't personally taken them yet.

gqmw
01-09-2013, 05:54 PM

Good job!!

I thought Finance or Marketing 317 was supposed to be the hardest according to people but I haven't personally taken them yet.

They're the harder 317's for sure. ACCT 317 is pretty easy, with any teacher.

SugeTek
01-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Wayne's one of the best accounting profs at UofC. I had him for audit years ago(~2005). Like someone mentioned above, if you need help, he'll spend the time to work with you to help you understand...and he gives real world examples of concepts discussed in class.

Definitely head and shoulders above Lakra..who can make you feel like an idiot at times. Overall though, ACCT317 is pretty easy, it's entry level stuff.

FNCE317 is actually not too bad either...once you make it past the midterm, the course eases up considerably.

ksb
01-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by SugeTek
Wayne's one of the best accounting profs at UofC. I had him for audit years ago(~2005). Like someone mentioned above, if you need help, he'll spend the time to work with you to help you understand...and he gives real world examples of concepts discussed in class.

Definitely head and shoulders above Lakra..who can make you feel like an idiot at times. Overall though, ACCT317 is pretty easy, it's entry level stuff.

FNCE317 is actually not too bad either...once you make it past the midterm, the course eases up considerably.

thanks for the advice man

eggstatic
01-14-2013, 08:55 PM

Good job!!

MKtg 317 is definitely harder but people had scared me more for accounting. It's personal opinion, marketing is more of a language and definition class. Accounting is more of a numbers thing.