PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Vegas...with a girlfriend!

LUDELVR
01-02-2013, 10:48 AM
So I'm heading to Vegas tonight with the GF for a few days and seeing what good things couples can do since the recipe for hookers and blow is out the window...unless that's what she's into!:poosie:

Heading out there tonight so for those of you that usually go to Vegas or have with a significant other, what are the things that you guys do? I don't gamble (only with unprotected sex) so we doubt we'll spend that much time at the tables. Other than that, everything else should be game.

Also, I'm looking at the temps and it's saying a high of 10. How cold does it actually get down there at this time of year? Are hoodies or jumpers sufficient or do I need something a bit thicker? No wind chill I'm assuming! Thank bloody goodness! So I guess chilling out by the pool is out too huh? :thumbsdow

Anyway, toss out some suggestions fellas!

Cheers.

C_Dave45
01-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

Also, I'm looking at the temps and it's saying a high of 10. How cold does it actually get down there at this time of year? Are hoodies or jumpers sufficient or do I need something a bit thicker? No wind chill I'm assuming! Thank bloody goodness! So I guess chilling out by the pool is out too huh? :thumbsdow

Anyway, toss out some suggestions fellas!

Cheers.

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Winter+Storm+Dumps+Snow+Las+Vegas+Th-PkryDzv-l.jpg

I don't know if any of the pools are open. The Mirage has their small pool open, but not the main one.
We were there in March and when it was cloudy, and the wind howlin down between the towers it was COLD! Like Jeans, shirt, sweater and hoody and still uncomfortable.

DENZILDON
01-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Dine, Cirq shows and outlet stores!!!

Just came back from Sacramento and got some wicked deals from the outlets!

FullFledgedYYC
01-02-2013, 11:18 AM
I just went to Vegas with my girlfriend and we had a good time. I would suggest going to a cirque show. We went to LOVE (the Beatles show), it was good, but there was not a ton of acrobatics like most Cirque shows. But, if you like the Beatles, which I do, it's awesome.

Other then that we hit the north outlet mall and pretty much went through every hotel on the strip. The best way to find stuff to do is to just tour the hotels, you will see stuff that will catch your interest.

dj_patm
01-02-2013, 11:18 AM
I wonder if Exotics Racing has there track open if there's snow on the ground?

Imagine drifting an aventador!

sputnik
01-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by dj_patm
I wonder if Exotics Racing has there track open if there's snow on the ground?

Imagine drifting an aventador!

:nut:

I suspect the tires on the car would get you barely past the garage.

03ozwhip
01-02-2013, 12:03 PM
ya man, dress decently warm if youre cruising the strip. there will barely be any pools open basically right up until may. check out the sights along the strip, bellaggio fountains, treasure island pirate show, go to the wax museum in the venetian, the zoo thing in the mirage etc...

planet hollywood has a decent mall, fashion show mall, north and south outlet malls(youll need a car for south or take a taxi) check out caesars, that place is pretty cool, has a pretty cool show in the middle of the mall every 15 minutes or half hour kinda thing.

The_1
01-02-2013, 12:07 PM
its cold at night
bring a thick jacket...i was just there Dec 24-26

danno
01-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Rent a car it's super cheap. 120 for 5 days, it was a Yaris though haha. We just go to shows and shop. I don't like gambling but ill do 20 a day to see how many drinks I can get. We went to the strippers the girls liked that.

whiskas
01-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Go see some shows, go spend half a day with this guy: http://www.lasvegasrockcrawlers.com/ HIGHLY recommended. Exotics "racing" (more like supervised test drive) is super lame and a waste of money in comparison.

Take her to a shooting range. The one I went to had pink guns for the ladies.

Shopping, obviously.

Hit up urbanspoon before you leave and take her out for some nice food.

The Secret Garden @ The Mirage is really nice too. Although I'm not sure how much of it is actually open when it's too cold outside.

Skip renting a car if you're planning on spending most of your time on the strip. It may be cheap but having to worry about traffic and parking is a PITA

Clever
01-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Hey Leo, went with the wife not too long ago, aside from the clubs and shopping, if you're going to a show I would recommend Mystere or Ka, O if you can get decently priced tickets. Hoover Dam is pretty cool for about half an hour, the tour is okay, just don't go when hung over. Mandalay Bay has Shark Tank, T.I. has a free outdoor show. If you have a craving for steak I would highly recommend Gallagher's in NY NY, well worth the money compared to other places. Planet Hollywood has Peepshow, P.F. Changs and Earl of Sandwich, Earl is the greatest cheap drunk food, Peepshow is entertaining, the wife enjoyed it more than I did. I mentioned P.F. Changs just because, nothing spectacular but it is there if you wanted some chinese food. Check out old Vegas too, grungier but still some cool stuff to see.

If it is your first time there, bring comfortable shoes, if you want to check out the different hotels. Bus is cheap too if you get tired of walking. Ignore the free show signs, and the "clickers" that give out cards. The fountains at O go every half an hour until midnight, Fat Tuesdays is the Devil's piss and strip clubs are expensive but a ton of fun.

Also:

I was there a few years ago in February and I wore my "light" winter jacket, it wasn't too cold but I was comfortable, might want to bring something warmer than a hoodie. The Buffet pass thing was highly recommended by friends if you are planning to do that, I believe it was around $50 per person, but there is a time limit on them, someone can probably give you more info on them as we didn't get a chance to try it, I would stay away from the MGM buffet, the only good thing about it was the endless Mimosa's. For reservations and tickets, use the concierge service they will have the info on prices and arrange transportation as well.

rage2
01-02-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm surprised she's still your GF. You would think she'd leave now that she has to take Valtrex regularly. Guess she's a keeper.

Weapon_R
01-02-2013, 01:22 PM
I was there mid-December and it was chilly at night. You probably need a light coat and sweater.

No pools were open anywhere.

LUDELVR
01-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I'm surprised she's still your GF. You would think she'd leave now that she has to take Valtrex regularly. Guess she's a keeper.

And this is why we date the white women mate!! :devil:

LUDELVR
01-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys, especially the weather ones. I was under the impression it would still be warm. Guess I'm bringing a thicker coat!

Cheers again lads and should be fun. It's her first time so want to make it a good one!:thumbsup:

Xtrema
01-02-2013, 02:24 PM
It gets cold, especially at night, no giant winter coat but you still need a jacket.

Since she's a vegas virgin, taking in in the strip is enough for 3-4 days, car is probably not needed.

- Shopping, shows, like everyone has suggested. Check schedule for shows, they tends to take a bit of break around this time of year and if you end up there during the CES week, seats get booked up fast.
- Heli tour to Grand Canyon
- Fremont St is the old Vegas and easy to get there by bus.

DENZILDON
01-02-2013, 02:30 PM
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/

sign up and print the coupons. The VIP coupon you get at the guest relations office by the entrance. You wont use 95% of the coupons but incase you are able to its still an extra few bucks of savings or free stuff.

Because its after Christmas a lot of the clearance items has an extra 30% to 70% off on top off the lowest ticketed price.

I got some Nice Adidas shoes for 25 bucks each, a Bass winterboots for $35 and got an pair Oakleys for $35

CaptainReboot
01-02-2013, 08:09 PM
See "O". Still the best cirque show I have seen. Saw it for the second time when we were there a few weeks ago. Also saw Kaa. It was ok. Not a traditional cirque show.

Wife wanted to see Peepshow but we couldn't fit it in.

Shopping and eating is what we mostly did. Outlets fashion show mall, Forums shops.

Caesars has a buffet now that was really good. We really enjoyed it.

403ep3
01-04-2013, 01:33 AM
I've seen most of the cirque shows and ka is the most "traditional," we'll I thought so atleast.

Madame tusauds is a good couples thing that is located at the Venetian.
Inside miracle mile there is a crab sandwich place that is really good after a night out drinking, helped with my hangover.