PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Search Continues - Shipping companies in Canada

cornelius85
01-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Well I still haven't got a mustang yet as I missed out on the 65 that I was bidding on in California. I did find one in Florida and had agreed upon the owners asking price only to have him cancel the deal twice to sell to someone else for $500 more (Who does that for such little benefit). I have located one in Canada I may be interested in in Montreal. Which shipping companies are recommended? I have emailed Livingston, and Hansens as well as 1 other. I got 1 reply so far, and was suprised at how much it was. From Florida to Montana I was getting prices from $1000 Open to $1300+ Closed. The price I got from Montreal from terminal to Terminal from MVS Canada was $1,500.00. I was thinking it was going to be about $500-$1000. Does this seem high, or is the US market for shipping that much more competitive?

Any help you can lend would be appreciated as if that is the cost that really changes how much I would be looking to spend on an out of province car

greg

Cody D
01-03-2013, 04:24 PM
I spent $1200 with Hansens shipping a car from Montreal, from my experience I would never cheap out like that again for a car I cared for. I'll pay much more next time and get it shipped properly.

cornelius85
01-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have 2 quotes back now and both are right around $1,500.00. Just surprises me that in the US shipping is so much cheaper.

Weapon_R
01-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Economies of scale son.

turbotrip
01-03-2013, 04:42 PM
i just got a car shipped from toronto to calgary for $1200 including $0 deductible insurance last month, so $1500 to montreal sounds about right.
Livingston has horrible customer service and is impossible to get on the phone, while Hansens is much better but priced a bit higher. However, Livingston shipped my car with no issues/damage.

cornelius85
01-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
i just got a car shipped from toronto to calgary for $1200 including $0 deductible insurance last month, so $1500 to montreal sounds about right.
Livingston has horrible customer service and is impossible to get on the phone, while Hansens is much better but priced a bit higher. However, Livingston shipped my car with no issues/damage.

Livingstons website was a pain in the ass. I couldn't get the form to submit on Firefox for some reason so after the second time, I did it a third in internet explorer. It said it submitted, but I didn't get a confirmation email like I did on the other websites, so no idea if it actually worked or not.