PDA

View Full Version : Quading places around south alberta

Boosted131
01-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Been riding the quads a lot at McLean this winter (800km since November) and lOoking for some more places to go. I know waiparous is pretty big but not sure where to stage there? Same with Indian graves...

Got a 4x4 wolverine and like some challenging trails

Boosted131
01-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Can someone move to 4x4 forum please

hedge
01-05-2013, 05:46 PM
I like Waiperous a lot better. Lots of places to park, South ghost parking lot, airstrip, gravel pit.

Probably the easiest is the South ghost parking lot, it's marked quite well. To get to it just head N on the trunk road (across from the gas plant) . It's a few km after the road turns to gravel from pavement, you'll cross a cattle guard and then it's on the W side of the road.

2BLUE
01-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Nothing beats crowsnest pass!!!!

Boosted131
01-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by hedge
I like Waiperous a lot better. Lots of places to park, South ghost parking lot, airstrip, gravel pit.

Probably the easiest is the South ghost parking lot, it's marked quite well. To get to it just head N on the trunk road (across from the gas plant) . It's a few km after the road turns to gravel from pavement, you'll cross a cattle guard and then it's on the W side of the road. I actually just rode there yesterday where you are talking about. Did over 100 km, very fun trails.

One part we followed a cut line up and down some steep hill climbs then there was no side route to get back up... Had to winch back up with the sun going down.