PDA

View Full Version : Who's still got Christmas turkey in the fridge?

TomcoPDR
01-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Any recipe ideas?

Still got a good chunk left in the fridge from friend's Christmas dinner. Too poor to throw it out, what should I cook with it? (or how should I cook)

Made my sandwiches, omelette meal, straight heating it up on frying pan, ramen noodle with an egg.

Tik-Tok
01-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Freeze it, if you dare. A week is a little long for me, but I'm not asian :rofl:

We froze the leftovers after 4 days.

FixedGear
01-03-2013, 08:53 PM
get some egg noodles and broth and make turkey soup

chop it, mix with frozen veggies and cream of mushroom soup, put in pan and top with Stove Top Stuffing and make a casserole-type thingie

make more sandwiches

chop, mix with cream of mushroom soup or gravy, serve over toast, rice, or noodles

shred with a fork and use as a taco, burrito, or enchilada filling ( for enchiladas, get some red sauce or tomatillo sauce canned at the supermarket)

black_2.5RS
01-03-2013, 08:55 PM
After all of the christmas / holiday dinners, we got turkey and lots of misc veggies in our fridge that we had before Christmas and it is all dangerously close to going bad - but i'm not throwing it out. Instead, i made a chicken fried rice (well, turkey fried rice) and it turned out awesome. Just take rice, chop up some veggies and turkey. Add soy sauce, fry it up in a pan or a wok if ya got it and you're good to go.

95EG6P
01-03-2013, 09:13 PM
I made pasta with the left over turkey in tomatoe sauce

kvg
01-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Dude, your gonna die:cry: Want me to buy you some McDonalds?

Disoblige
01-03-2013, 09:51 PM
You should grind it all up and make a juicy turkey meatloaf out of it.
Eggs, breadcrumbs, tomato sauce, onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, mushrooms, whatever the fuck else you put in a meatloaf.

TomcoPDR
01-04-2013, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by kvg
Dude, your gonna die:cry: Want me to buy you some McDonalds?

Only been a week and half man... One more breakfast tmr

ga16i
01-04-2013, 07:41 AM
The longest I've ever had Christmas leftover anything is 4 days and we love it.

With turkey, we'd probably do the following besides what you've mentioned:
- stir fried fat noodle with turkey like a pad thai
- the dark meat with bone is great for stock which is then used for risotto or hotpot
- shred it and make a turkey salad
- turn it into a fancier sandwich with panini bread with cheese and mayo pressed on a foreman grill or something

phreezee
01-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Immediately after dinner, I stick whatever is left into a pressure cooker and make soup. All the meat falls off the bones so they are easily removable. Throw in the veggies and you're done!

bignerd
01-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Buy a box of pie shells, some heavy cream and chicken broth with a bit of flour or cornstarch to thicken, frozen veggies or left over veggies and voila, Turkey Pot Pie!
Have to bake it in the oven of course....