PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Holiday trailer, do you know anyone selling? C'mon Karma!

spikerS
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Alright, here is hoping my stockpile of good karma is ready to shine on me.

I promised the girls camping this year. only 1 problem...

Baygirl.

Freaking woman won't go in a tent and wants a bathroom. GAH!

anyways, we decided to NOT go into debt and finance something, and instead, try to work within our budget. sooo...

WTB Holiday trailer for $4500 or less. Only have a couple requirements.
1) must be in great shape. I don't mind a few quick, cheap fixes, but I am not prepared to deal with leaks, or a fridge / furnace that does not work.

2) Bunks. Must have bunks for the girls.

3) Washroom.

4) under 7000lbs, and if it is a 5th wheel, it must include the hitch, and must be a sliding hitch as I only have a 5'5" box on the truck, so a bumper pull is preferred.

Please guys, if you know anyone, please let me know.

If anyone is able to hook me up, I will pay a finder's fee. I will buy, prepare and smoke any meat / dish you like and include a couple bottles of some of my home made wine. Come on. We all know that is worth a TON! hahahaha! (serious offer though)

Dave P
01-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Easy.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-RVs-campers-trailers-travel-trailers-campers-1981-23-Komfort-trailer-EXCELLENT-condition-sleeps-6-W0QQAdIdZ444617949

dont worry about the finders fee haha

spikerS
01-04-2013, 02:49 PM
lol, we are hoping that we can find something that isn't 30 years old. at that age, I am worried about floor rot and the like. Shit starts going south fast at that age.

vengie
01-04-2013, 02:57 PM
what about a tent trailer? should sleep 4 comfortably, stove, fridge, heater, etc...

this way you can get the "Tent" feel, with the comforts of a trailer!
and they only weigh 2500lbs.

MarkFJ40
01-04-2013, 06:03 PM
The old ones were built to last. They are HEAVY but they last.

C_Dave45
01-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Spikers I can help you out. I owe you one anyways. Don't worry about the 30 yr units. Just look for your requirements and budget. The appliances in the older units are WAY sturdier than new. If you find a unit, just check to see if the furnace and fridge are working...if they are, you're golden.
Most alberta units won't have much rot, it's so dry here. Any from BC...forget 'em.
You should find a decent unit around the 23-25 foot lengths to meet your requirements.
I'll talk to you more when I drop by for the fishing stuff. If you find one you're interested in, point me towards it and I can help with decisions. I would go for a bumper pull. Too much work finding and installing a 5th wheel hitch.