PDA

View Full Version : Western Digital Warranty. (enterprise)

thetransporter
01-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Hi,

My 2tb Enterprise storage started making clicks, did an advance RMA - took them for ever go get a replacement - i get a replacement and after installing Windows - i reboot and it starts to make noise.. WD diag tools gave me error code 7.

I re-opened the case with WD and they said theres nothing they can do? I originally purchased the original drive last than 6 months ago. The new drive (RMA) has a serial # that does not allow me to create a new claim.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance :O

nobb
01-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Sometimes it takes time for WD to update the warranty associated with the new replacement drive's serial. It's best to call or email them to do so.

EK69
01-04-2013, 09:28 PM
I think I remember reading when u get a replacement drive that the warranty is 90days or the rest of the original drive whichever is longer?

thetransporter
01-05-2013, 04:51 PM
but could it be really dead ? I mean I just used to install Windows 7 Ultimate. Is there anyway to fix that error? I was told it was a higher end business drive..

My drives from 2001 are still spinning with the WD name on them. Even after I left them outside stored under the patio,

revelations
01-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Did they send you a refurb drive? The Enterprise drives are SUPPOSED to have been built to higher tolerances and MTBFs

What do you mean by "noise" ? Is there a YT video of something similar?