PDA

View Full Version : Where to get heavy duty bands locally?

elite
01-04-2013, 09:31 PM
I am looking to get a few heavy duty powerlifting bands (the ones for use with racks) and was wondering if there was anywhere I can get them locally.

cookiemunster
01-04-2013, 10:10 PM
go-mango fitness

Darkane
01-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by elite
I am looking to get a few heavy duty powerlifting bands (the ones for use with racks) and was wondering if there was anywhere I can get them locally.

Not sure if you'll find what you need locally. Go mango had some but your best bet is the pro line from elitefts. That's what I have and they're awesome. Go mango has excellent chain kits though!

elite
01-05-2013, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

Not sure if you'll find what you need locally. Go mango had some but your best bet is the pro line from elitefts. That's what I have and they're awesome. Go mango has excellent chain kits though!

I really didnt see anything on gomango's website so wasn't to sure if they still stocked them. Looks like elitefts is where I will be getting them from since there on sale right now.

Is this band the one you have:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=495&pid=248

I'm looking to use them for bench, reverse bench, perhaps shoulder presses, and having the option to use them for assisted pullups is a plus.

lint
01-10-2013, 05:40 PM
gomango sells Iron Woody bands, these are great http://www.gomangofitness.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_16&products_id=490

elite
01-11-2013, 12:58 AM
Kinda expensive (unless that pricing is for pairs). I ended up going with the average elite fts bands as they were a good price and on sale.

Darkane
01-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by elite
Kinda expensive (unless that pricing is for pairs). I ended up going with the average elite fts bands as they were a good price and on sale.

Yeah the EliteFTS Greys are awesome. Best overall band for all work.

In reverse band setup they do roughly 115-130 pounds resistance from the bench press at chest.

Very friendly when rehabbing shoulders, or just being pro-active to stay injury free.

Also try:

Assisted pullups
ReverseBand Squats (Must use proper band pegs on the top for this as the bands can pull you forward)
Band goodmornings
Reverse band speed rack pulls

Good choice.

elite
01-11-2013, 11:32 AM
I don't have any band pegs on my rack (I have a powertec p-pr) so I think I probably will just wrap them around the frame and I can find some bolt on pegs. I definitely will give those exercises a try. Also since I don't have cable systems to do tricep pushdowns etc. I will probably just be using the bands to do that. They should be here today so hopefully I can test them out tonight.

For assisted pullups would you recommend putting the bands around your feet or your knees? I don't want these things slipping off to come up and smack me in the face or anything.