PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone have an idea on black book value of a 89 CRX Si?

ricosuave
02-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Good condition, 148K, Si model, Sunroof, 5 sp., no A/C

My car was involved in an accident the other day - crunched the passenger front corner, so i'm thinking fender, hood, front bumper, pass. lights, rim, tire, and drivetrain on that side, maybe paint too. Have no idea on passenger door (it opens, but is noisy) or frame.

I'm sure it will be expensive to repair, and I'm worried that their insurance company will only cover a small amount of it, due to it being an older car, so thats why I'm wondering what it is worth.

It was the other parties fault, so I'm waiting to see what they offer - will be taking it to a repair shop on Monday - any recommendations there? A1 Autobody? Concours?

Thanks for any and all help,
Ricosuave:(

ricosuave
02-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Further to that, does anyone have a good link on parts for this in case it turns out to be an ins. write off? Maybe I'll buy it back and repair it myself. How does that work, anyway?

Rico

Speed_Dreams
02-14-2004, 07:24 PM
if your looking for cheap body parts call Probody parts. they are down by the cross roads market on portland road. they deal with off shore sheet metal. its factory moulds the metal it just a little thinner then factory. but its a weight savings plus a wallet savings

A2VR6
02-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Since the online source i use for the black book only goes down to 1994, i would take a guess that it would be worth from 3-5 thousand?

ricosuave
02-15-2004, 01:16 AM
appreciate that.

anyone else?

no mods - completely stock

rico

rogue
02-15-2004, 02:04 AM
my integra was only worth $3000 they told me black book and it was a customized 91 (they said $6000 with mods) even though i had almost $20 000 in reciepts (damn older cars are money pits) but yea good luck i hope it isnt ama your dealing with.

Redlyne_mr2
02-15-2004, 03:31 AM
Blackbook would probably be anywhere from 500-2000 depending on condition. Sucks ass trying to get an insurance company to replace an older vehicle

pughster
02-15-2004, 08:32 PM
this summer mine was broke into and AMA wrote it off since the stereo and minor damage was worth more than the car. the ama value is 2000. They Gave me 1700 and let me keep it. That really helped, better than nothing but I could sell it for a lot more. Once I have it where I want it (painted and the new rims) I'll get it appraised so they have to give you that value.
mine is an 88 si with minor mods

ricosuave
02-17-2004, 01:50 PM
it will be icbc (bc provincial)

thanks pughster, keep me up to date.

rico

ricosuave
02-17-2004, 02:17 PM
also, dumb question, but when would it become a 'full paintjob'? i had an accident years ago and they just painted the bumper. would they likely just paint the new fender and bumper, maybe hood, maybe passenger door or would they just paint the whole car? at what point would they consider that?

thanks,
rico

OWNED
02-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Blackbook would probably be anywhere from 500-2000 depending on condition. Sucks ass trying to get an insurance company to replace an older vehicle

Redline is right... I called Nissan a while back when I was interested in 240's.. and the blackbook value (of course... depending on condition) was from 500-2400$ CND for a 1990.

Its very probable that your friends car would be around the same.

Thats the bad thing about older cars, its VERY WISE to get it appraised and tell you insurance company about it (unless it was stock)

ricosuave
02-19-2004, 02:21 PM
decided to take it to concours south.

repairs ~2k, value ~4k

rico