PDA

View Full Version : UPS Brokerage

sexualbanana
01-07-2013, 04:32 PM
I was going to buy some things off Eastbay but I noticed they started charging 25% as a brokerage fee (which I don't recall them doing before).

I'm thinking about having it shipped to Sweetgrass, but the amount of gas I would spend on the round trip is going to be about the same in cost.

Is there another way I can try not to pay that damn fee? Do you think having it shipped to a friend in the US and having them re-ship it will do anything?

LongCity
01-07-2013, 04:44 PM
They've had that 25% for at least 10 years. Bought my first and last shoe off that site in 2003.

They always have free shipping codes to the US and there's no brokering so send it to someone you know then get them to ship it First Class International with USPS and it'll be like $15 (if they're shoes).

sexualbanana
01-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by LongCity
They've had that 25% for at least 10 years. Bought my first and last shoe off that site in 2003.

They always have free shipping codes to the US and there's no brokering so send it to someone you know then get them to ship it First Class International with USPS and it'll be like $15 (if they're shoes).

Weird. I don't recall ever paying for brokerage, and I've bought a lot of stuff.

That's what I was thinking of doing. Just want to make sure I don't end up getting dinged regardless