PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rod Rental

Nav13
01-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I did a search and didnt find anything here. I'm looking for someone or a place where I can rent a hot rod for a wedding. If anyone knows a place or person that does this can you please PM me. Thanks

Graham_A_M
01-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Im on a few hot rodding forums, a couple of them local, so I can ask there. What kind of "hot rod" are you after? thats a pretty generic term. 30's cars? 50's trucks? Coupe's, sedan's?

You'll have to be a lot more specific as to what you're after.

If you're not too picky, I know of a guy in Irricana that has a frickin' sweet '36 Chevy 1/2 ton truck that was featured in magazines. I dont know if he'd be willing to let you use it for the wedding, but I can ask. Its bad ass, it has a military theme to it.

When is the wedding? If its coming up soon in the winter, the chances are slim to none. Since I dont know of anybody that has a decent 'rod that they'd drive in the winter, leave alone by someone else. If its the (late) spring, summer and early fall then I can probably find at least a few people for you.

EDIT:
Here is a FS: cars & trucks section of this one forum. Its pretty traditional, nothing too flashy or over the top. But as far as "hot rods" are concerned, it doesn't get much more pure then this.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7

^ Perhaps PM me ads that stick out of cars you like, and I'll see what I can do from my end, in the manner of finding local cars & trucks like that I mean.

For my '38 Chevy, no way in hell would I EVER want to see that in the snow. Much the same as everybody else that owns a nice hotrod car/truck,

Nav13
01-09-2013, 12:33 PM
The wedding is May long weekend. So it should be warm however we do live in calgary so it could be a lil sketchy.

Graham_A_M
01-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the PM. I'll see what I can do.