PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been 2 Costa Rica

snowboarder206
02-15-2004, 12:08 AM
Anyone ever gone there, I'm going there near the end of Feb, Stayin at the Fiesta Premier Resort & Spa hotel, Anyone stayed there.. Anyone know what i should visit when i go down there?

hjr
02-15-2004, 01:04 AM
if you are going to do any traveling the recommended source for info is the Lonely Planet series of guide books. But if you are at a resort then you have nothing to worry about, just ask da front desk.

CalgarySS
02-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Costa Rica is one of the best countries that I have visited in terms of development for tourism. If you are into ecotourism, this is a fantastic place.

I am not familiar with the resort that you mentioned but, I would suggest that you take as many side trips as you can. Mt Arenal is incredible. A live volcano above natural hot springs.

The coast is great and has some of the best surfing in the americas.

What city are you based out of for you trip?

el_fefes
02-16-2004, 02:16 AM
Dood! is that in a place called Puntarenas? If so i've been there!!! it's soo nice awesome place.:drool:

JordanLotoski
02-16-2004, 02:18 AM
i was in costa rica like 3 years ago....amazing......id go back ina second...have fun man yeah lucky bastard

snowboarder206
02-16-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by el_fefes
Dood! is that in a place called Puntarenas? If so i've been there!!! it's soo nice awesome place.:drool:

No its called Fiesta Premier Resort & Spa it was built in 2003, so it cant be too bad...

http://www.applevacations.com/servlet/SiteController/hotels/hotels.jsp?HotelCode=200173

Heres a link...

E36M3
02-16-2004, 11:56 AM
That resort looks great.. you'll have an awesome time. If you are going to be flying into San Jose, I'd recommend getting to the coast as soon as possible.. it really isn't worth hanging out in San Jose for any amount of time.

I'd recommend paying the $50 extra for a flight to the coast (vs. driving or taking a cab) as the roads are sketchy and the drivers are insane.. it is dangerous and crazy to drive.

Once you get there, you'll have no trouble finding great stuff to do.. the obvious stuff that you shouldn't miss is doing a canopy tour (you get way up in the trees for an amazing view of the rainforest), lounging by the pool, partying at little beachfront bars and restaurants, swimming, surfing (if you're up for it), and fishing.. the fishing is really, really great and I'd also recommend going diving for lobster if you are out on a boat for the day.

If you'd like any more specific recommendations, let me know.. I used to live in Costa Rica.

E36M3
02-16-2004, 11:57 AM
One more recommendation.. take a short flight in a little canopy plane.. it is one of the coolest things I have ever done. We saw lots of dolphins, whales, etc. and it was an amazing way to see the coast/rain forest.

rx7girlie
02-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Costa Rica? Screw Costa Rica, go to Nicaragua. It's a hidden gem, and that makes it far far superior then Costa.

But hey, maybe I'm a little (very) biased because I am Nicaraguan! :thumbsup:

Being a under visited country relative to Costa Rica, things are hell of a lot cheaper in every way possible. Food, travel, lodging, and touristic attractions everything, and anything.