PDA

View Full Version : Tracking down original house blue prints?

cidley69
01-09-2013, 04:03 PM
We recently bought a house build in 1992, in Redwood Meadows.

Does anyone know how to find out who the house builder was? Or where to find a copy of the original house plan?

Pacman
01-09-2013, 04:43 PM
sometimes the builders name is on the underside of the stairs in the basement.

I'm in the same situation as you. I called the builder (our house was built in 2001) and they no longer have the blueprints.

I think the City of Calgary has them, but I haven't spent the time required to figure out how to get them.

If you end up going that route, perhaps you can update the thread as to the steps involved in getting them.

logix
01-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Call 3-1-1 and put in a service request with the Property Research Centre.
Someone from Property Research will contact you with the cost, etc. (may take a few days).

If the house was built in 1992, they'll probably have the plans in storage.
The fee will be to view the files.. there will be additional fees to make copies (if the business is still around, you'll have to get authorization from the builder/designer).

lauphman
01-09-2013, 07:52 PM
I don't think the city has anything to do with redwood meadows. Wouldn't it be the municipal district of rocky view?

Tik-Tok
01-09-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't know when the practice stopped (or if it did), but I found our builder, lot #, plan #, address, etc. written on the front door jamb, on the part that faces the wall studs. Found it when I replaced the front 2 years ago.

Apparently our house was the Jayman show home for our neighborhood in 1959.