PDA

View Full Version : NBA Allstar Weekend...

nismodrifter
02-15-2004, 01:36 AM
so anybody else watch the Dunk Competition and stuff tonight??

IMO the final round of the dunk competition SUCKED! Both of them didn't make the final dunk, Jones didn't even touch the rim yet he still got more points probably just for originality for having the ball thrown from the crowd :bullshit:

Richardson did a crazy dunk in the first round but then lost the whole competition at the end by tryin to do the Vince carter arm in the rim thing....all he had to do was make a half decent dunk and he had it won....but he went for a 360+arm in the rim and missed.....lost the compeittion right there...

3 point shootout was good stuff....Stojakovic ALMOST had that thing won but he missed the very last ball which would have let him win

can't wait for the game tomorrow night...should be good...half court alley oops and stuff ahha maybe Shaq will do a little inbetween the legs move again:D

integra_vate
02-15-2004, 11:42 AM
what channel? what time? i'd like to watch

liquid1010
02-15-2004, 02:27 PM
BRUTAL dunk contest. No real originality, except for JRich's between the legs. They need to stop getting lame judges, and take this thing a little more seriously. As if Jones's first dunk was a 50 :rolleyes: please.....

nosegrindR
02-15-2004, 02:28 PM
it was last night (saturday night)
i missed the dunk comp, but the night before during the rookie VS. sophomore game, lebron and melo went off, all the players just stopped playing, chilled on halfcourt and let those two do the craziest dunks ever.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-15-2004, 03:35 PM
jones 1st dunk in the finals was def a 50! it was the same idea as the first BUT the ball was behind the basket so he had to do a reverse and his body was totally leaning back! and the fact that he's a smaller guy helps the pts.

Jrich sucked, he tried to do the same dunk that won it for him last yr but he couldnt and he tried like 3 times haha

3 point shootout was good stuff....Stojakovic ALMOST had that thing won but he missed the very last ball which would have let him win

the last ball was just so he could TIE, not win. By the time he was at the top of key, he was leading but screwed up the last 2 racks.

im cheerin for the East hehe

nismodrifter
02-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

the last ball was just so he could TIE, not win. By the time he was at the top of key, he was leading but screwed up the last 2 racks.

im cheerin for the East hehe

ahh yeah I forgot that it was for the tie.....thx for the correction :)

no_joke
02-15-2004, 09:43 PM
[B]jones 1st dunk in the finals was def a 50! it was the same idea as the first BUT the ball was behind the basket so he had to do a reverse and his body was totally leaning back! and the fact that he's a smaller guy helps the pts.

Jrich sucked, he tried to do the same dunk that won it for him last yr but he couldnt and he tried like 3 times haha
B]

I don't think JRich was trying to do the exact same dunk as last year. Wasn't he trying to do a 360 version of the dunk? It would've been crazy if he had pulled that off.

And yeah, he could've three-peated if he did something simple but where's the entertainment in that? Still, they gotta get Carter, Richardson, TMac, and Lebron next year. No more of this Chris Andersen nonsense. :rofl:

BloodBaneZXY
02-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Chris anderson's dunks WEREN'T bad...he didnt get any love for his first dunk..that deserved 46-47..and Jones' first did NOT deserve a 50..

Grexx
02-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Did anyone notice the leading vote getter only played 16 mins. What up with that?? VC got Robbed.

BloodBaneZXY
02-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Meh, they wanted an even distribution of minutes between everyone this year, not like last year where Pierce and walker got totally shafted (although I had no prob with that :)) Everyone had a well-rounded # of mins cept Kobe led because obviously they wanna play the Lakers superstar in his hometown

Grexx
02-16-2004, 12:00 AM
Hmmmm Ron Artest or VC....Thats a hard decision in the 4th quarter.

16 min of playing time is not enough specially if fans wanna see Vince play. For crying out loud he sat all of 4th quarter. He played an awesome 1st quarter 5of7 shooting. He deserves more playing time than that. Now I'm glad that the east lost.

MutantBLuE
02-16-2004, 12:13 AM
Fcuk man, that was gay, Vince had no mins despite being arguably one of the best for the east, while the stupid pacers coach decided to play his own player ron artest for most fo Vinces minutes. Like WTF, hes a F**king reserve, get over it. Hes no Vince CArter

MutantBLuE
02-16-2004, 12:13 AM
Fcuk man, that was gay, Vince had no mins despite being arguably one of the best for the east, while the stupid pacers coach decided to play his own player ron artest for most fo Vinces minutes. Like WTF, hes a F**king reserve, get over it. Hes no Vince CArter

MutantBLuE
02-16-2004, 12:15 AM
and also, Yao had a crazy game, but obviously they had to give the minutes to Shaq.
I found that stupid too, Yao was awesome, other than his 3-pt attempt, hahah, but it was kool

Grexx
02-16-2004, 12:35 AM
I hope Dick Carlisle and the Pacers go down for the rest of the season.

And whats up with the Dunk Champion??.. that dick did easy dunks and got a 50 pts. for it. Lammer

MM99lude
02-16-2004, 03:42 AM
T-Mac off the glass two years straight... just sick

haha and Ron Artest and his "shoe contract" stunt... he is one weird guy... but he plays killed D so i love em!

RiCE-DaDDy
02-16-2004, 01:28 PM
lol ron artest doesnt deserve his own shoe!

Zephyr
02-16-2004, 02:10 PM
i got sunday's ripped off the tv with my new tv tuner...if anyone would host ill send..

MM99lude
02-16-2004, 02:13 PM
lol ron artest doesnt deserve his own shoe!

Not until he shaves that dirty stach

civicguy2002
02-16-2004, 02:51 PM
ya the dunk competition was horrible. they really needed to have Air Canada Vince Carter in it. The game yesterday was great but again why did Vince sit out so much especially in the fourth quarter. He is the top vote getter in the league and he sat of the bench. wtf. But how bout those big dunks from Shaq. WOW :eek:

inawiJ
02-16-2004, 06:35 PM
dunk contests now suck none of the big guns enter nomore now its just a bunch of lame guys trying to look cool n trying to become like vince n kobe

MM99lude
02-16-2004, 07:20 PM
well if you really think about it there are only so man dunks that someone can pull off... so i mean if they have had 20 some dunk comps and each guy needs to be original... it get pretty tough, so for players like Vince to go back into a comp and show the same old same old... i'd rather he didn't enter again and we remember the insane:eek: show that he put on for us the one time!

PGTze
02-17-2004, 01:40 AM
The dunk comp wasn't all that bad. It was good until the end when it was won by Jones on a layup, hahah. The Richardson off the glass, between the legs was crazy shit. Next year they should have an 8 or 16 person comp, and scrap the rest of the events. It would be way better that way. And the NBA should let the fans vote on who gets to participate, and make it mandatory for the players to compete if they get chosen.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-17-2004, 02:39 AM
they should keep the 3pt shootout, i dont care bout the dumb point guard obstacle course.

i think 6 comp. and 3 finalists for the dunk

bigboom
02-17-2004, 10:27 AM
jones did not deserve 50...freeking spudd webb pulled that dunk off and he was way shorter than jones. and the first tmac dunk off the glass came 2 years ago not last year ;)

but yeah some of those oops that AI lobbed to vince were SICK...the one where vince almost lost the ball and yet still had enough air to recover and cradle the ball to dunk it was incredible.

no_joke
02-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Yeah, all the Carter dunks were nice but who wasn't expecting them? How about when Yao lobbed to Francis on the alley oop? That play defines 'sick.'

bigboom
02-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by no_joke
Yeah, all the Carter dunks were nice but who wasn't expecting them? How about when Yao lobbed to Francis on the alley oop? That play defines 'sick.'

good point when you got a big man that can pass like that...anyone see the rookie game where amare came in with so much force that it bounced out into the stands by the scorers table?

TheXplosion
02-17-2004, 11:41 PM
:eek: ya man all his dunks are crazy hard...and there damnn nice too:drool:

car
02-21-2004, 02:43 PM
can forget this little guy, 5'7"
http://www.nba.com/theater/video/86spud.avi