PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Shipping - Found a car finally in Vernon BC - Pictures

cornelius85
01-10-2013, 11:38 AM
SO I found the car I have agreed to purchase in Vernon. I was planning on driving out there on Sunday to bring it back. I had rented a car hauler. The only problem other than this damn weather is it sounds like it wouldn't be a great idea pulling that much weight with my 2009 F150 FX4. I had planned on renting a truck today from a Leasing/Rental company only to find out that if I am pulling a trailer I would have to register, plate and insure the truck in my name as they will not carry liability/coverage if pulling a trailer.

This for sure is a long shot but is anyone here affiliated with any dealerships that might be doing shipments from around that area that I might be able to add the car to? The quotes I have got so far in the reasonable range need the car to be either in Delta, or in Vancouver. I am assuming the huge difference in pickup/drop off, and terminal to terminal is that is contracted out from either Delta, or Vancouver.

Let me know if anyone here has any suggestions. I may just have to bit the bullet and pay the crazy high shipping costs, but wanted to check first if I can save myself a bit of money.

Was so excited to go get it this Sunday, so a little disappointed I am now going to have to wait longer.

Greg

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/603146_10151405520140460_1305154661_n.jpg
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/207711_10151405520060460_1028559893_n.jpg
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/421025_10151405520050460_1143554024_n.jpg

urrforce
01-10-2013, 11:46 AM
can you maybe wait a bit until the weather clears up or are there other issues with waiting besides just wanting to get your car home?

cornelius85
01-10-2013, 11:48 AM
I have no problem waiting other than impatience, but with what the rental company has told me I no longer have the option to rent a vehicle to bring it home myself. As it stands the only option is shipping. Just looking to see if there is a way of saving money if there is a truck already coming this way from around there.

03ozwhip
01-10-2013, 12:00 PM
why dont you rent a U-haul to carry it back?

tobypaddock
01-10-2013, 12:05 PM
congrats on the car man, looks beautiful!

do you have any friends with heavy duty trucks? maybe you can convince them and pay them to accompany you on a road-trip to pick it up? and then you just have to rent a trailer.

BigShow
01-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Niiiiice car. Call J Simons perhaps they could help you.

tobypaddock
01-10-2013, 12:10 PM
http://www.uhaul.com/reservations/RatesTowing.aspx

black13
01-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Grayhound there and drive it back unless you don't wanna drive it. Although best to wait for better weather.

cornelius85
01-10-2013, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't be driving it home as the vehicle obviously isn't a winter driver, nor has it ever seen a winter as far as I have been told. That uhaul link didn't work, so not sure what it was showing. I would want it shipped enclosed, so if it was for a quote for one of the pull behind dollies I won't be doing that either.

Anyone ever shipped with TFX International? The look pretty legit, and had some pretty good review on the website I saw. Their quote was door to door in an enclosed trailer with the tailgate lift instead of ramps for $577.00. All the other quotes were around $800-$1200. According to the seller, they also want money up front in either cash, or money order which sounds very odd.

The price is really good as it would have cost me more than that for the rental, and gas, not to mention the time driving there and back. If it seems too good to be true it usually is, so it seems odd that it is that low.

Greg

Graham_A_M
01-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Please dont rent a uhaul unless its JUST the trailer. To rent a truck to pull it with is stupidly expensive. I forget how much they said, but the 1300km's I'd have to put on it would cost me around $800-900 or so. :nut:
I dont remember the numbers exactly since that was obviously a quick phone call, and I crossed them off my list for good pretty much.
Their car hauler is the only thing I'd ever rent from them. Alternatively you can use these guys. Greenwood trailer rentals. http://www.greenwoodrentals.ca/

For trucks: Rent through Shaw truck rentals & leasing. Thats what I did. Very highly recommended. Their perfectly okay with towing a trailer. I rented a 2012 Sierra 2500HD W/Duramax, and holy shit that was a nice truck to use. I was passing people uphill doing 120, not bad considering I had a truck I was hauling on the trailer. Just *shit loads* of power & torque. That whole trip cost me $450. It was cool, the truck only had 2200kms on it when I rented it. Its $.55/km with them. Uhaul wanted either $.80-.90/km. :nut:

Cool car BTW!

cornelius85
01-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Graham,

I wouldn't ever rent uhaul. You cant even trust their vehicles in town not to mention taking them on the highway. I also would not be taking this car home exposed on a dolly either.

A friend of mine was friends with the Rental Leasing manager at shaw so I used to be able to get a good deal there, but he is now at Calmont. He was the one who told me about the issues with the trailer. Maybe it is just a Calmont thing. I assumed they would be all the same, but to be fair I had rented from Shaw 1 other time with my 6X12 cargo trailer, but I am not sure if we mentioned we would be towing with it.

Regardless I will be shipping it and it will cost less than me going out there, and won't take 12-16 hours of my time which I don't have.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Can't wait to get the car her and the spring to come when I can actually start taking it out.

Greg