View Full Version : Review:Pho Que Huong Vietnamese Noodle

bignerd
01-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Pho Que Huong Vietnamese Noodle
Located in Pacific Place Mall
628 - 999 36 Street NE
Calgary AB T2A 7X6

Will make this short and sweet.

Started working in this mall and was invited out for lunch with co-workers.

Found 2/3 of a bug in my food, it had been nicely sliced on the diagonal for presentation. I believe this was a cockroach about the size of half a penny.

I ran into a friend eating at the restaurant and my co-workers went to pay (my meal was free). They are freaking out outside when I left as another roach ran across the counter while they were paying.

Gentleman that was taking payment brushed it off the counter, waitress say they were coming from the ceiling.

Yeah yeah I know asian restaurant, dirtier is better. Prefer to not have cockroaches in my meal.

Had the grill pork and spring roll Bun.

phreezee
01-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Those guys own the Noodle Bus/Foodtruck right?

CRXguy
01-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Yup. Saw it parked in the back over the weekend.

The_Rural_Juror
01-10-2013, 10:15 PM
So it's a 4/5 star by beyond standards?

SOAB
01-10-2013, 10:41 PM
i used to be a regular there about 7-8 years ago but the food quality and portion size started to really drop so i haven't been back for a long time. doesn't sound like i'm missing much. :thumbsdow

bignerd
01-22-2013, 06:17 PM
The city did go back and re-inspect based on a complaint... Did not find any bugs but did find issues with food not being kept cold enough...

Inspections reports are available online:
Inspection reports (http://www12.albertahealthservices.ca/health-inspections/SearchServlet?direct=showReport&ID=9B6E864F-6A10-4114-8D5E-D71A7997CE2F)

I believe the Aug 28 2012 one confirms a cockroach problem.

lison
01-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Last time I went, went with as a party of 4.
Ordered and food came in 2 mins.
Had no complaints! Great food! :dunno:

clem24
01-23-2013, 03:24 PM
What do Calgary cockroaches even look like? I don't think I've ever seen what you'd call a typical cockroach in the city before. The closets thing to a cockroach I see are the common black beetles.

Originally posted by lison
Last time I went, went with as a party of 4.
Ordered and food came in 2 mins.
Had no complaints! Great food! :dunno:

I am sure the cockroaches add a nice flavour to everything. It's awesome the stuff that gets to the table, and then there's the stuff that's physically pulled out of your food before it's served... :D

bignerd
01-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Erm, they look like cockroaches. Dark brown, two very long antennae, oval/oblong body shape. Lots of legs. No wings, hard shell.

I think the only difference is they are smaller here, get much larger in tropical locations. The one in my food was about the size of half a penny, maybe a bit bigger.

a social dsease
01-24-2013, 12:47 PM
When I worked in the NE (07-08) I used to go here for lunch all the time. Food was always great and very fast service. Never had a single problem.

I haven't been there in over a year so I can't comment about the cleanliness/roach thing, but if that's true then I might stay away.

cloud7
02-01-2013, 11:50 PM
I used to go there but haven't been back since i had a really poor experience with the way we were treated. That was a long time ago (6-7 years) and the funny thing is I can't exactly remember what it was now... LOL. There are tons of very good Vietnamese restaurants within the area, so I never found the need to go back.