PDA

View Full Version : Miami/Keys to stay

eblend
01-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Anyone know a good area to stay in the Miami area. Everything around there seems so expensive!

benyl
01-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Coral Gables is a little cheaper and isn't sketchy. You can find hotels near the University that aren't too bad.

projekz
01-10-2013, 10:04 PM
I stayed at Parrot bay in Key West for $160 a night. Very nice hotel.

taemo
01-10-2013, 10:05 PM
we are staying at the Lords South Beach at Nash hotel in Miami Beach this February, about $230 a night.

the savoy, the anglers, edgewater south were the other ones that we were looking into.

i guess it depends where exactly do you want to be in Miami

ercchry
01-10-2013, 10:10 PM
we stopped by south beach for a couple drink on our stop over a few weeks ago. there was a shitty looking hotel right on the strip... ~$250/night... didnt even want to use the washrooms in the lobby it was so gross :barf:

waiter dude when questioned why the drinks were $30 answered with "this is south beach" :rofl:

davidI
01-11-2013, 01:45 AM
I stayed in Key Looe at the Dive Resort there. Not the nicest accommodation but they had great snorkeling / diving and a cool local bar plus Boondocks restaurant across the street was good too. Lots of locals hang out at the bar which makes it fun.

A short drive to Key West from there. It made a great hub in my opinion.

eblend
01-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Tthanks for the suggestions. I will be looking at each one as I am booking my hotels over the weekend

stealth
01-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Coral Gables like posted is not bad.

I stayed at the Riu right on Miami beach. Shittiest hotel ever. Hard to find people who spoke good English.

Room must of had bed bugs as after the first night, the wife had "chicken pox" type bumps all over her.

Moved us to another room, and it was just as shitty. The only thing good about the hotel was the ocean view.

Mandatory valet for your vehicle at $20-30 a night, with the shadiest guys taking your vehicle.

I would give it a 0 out of 5 stars.